BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

09-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #23
LAKERS333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
I have a simpson/honda power washer 3000 use 2.5 gpm for washing around the house, I recently started to wash the car with it and i really think it too much for the car to be washed with. anything will 1.5 to 1.7 gpm is more than enough to wash the car. but I do enjoy the higher psi of the washer to clean the wheels after a sonax wheel cleaner application, no agitation required. What ever you decide, go with a gas pressure washer.

+1 on the gas pressure washer, I ordered a electric AR2N1 for my car and around the house although it was pretty weak sauce. It was 2050 psi and like 1.7 or so GPM and I was really disappointed with the power especially for around the house activities. On top of that all their attachments were proprietary which is also BS. Gas would be the way to go much more power I'm sure, especially if you will be using it for other tasks other than washing your car.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 01:30 AM   #24
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
does anyone use pressure washer at home to wash their car? what washer/pressure do you use?
Yes and wouldn't do it any other way. Do you follow Obsessed Garage or are you familiar w/their site? Regardless, Matt has tested most of the popular options and documented the results.

If you haven't already, go to their site and build your kit piece by piece. It's a simple process & very easy to follow.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #25
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

Simply put.... if you are looking for a setup for multi-use other than for your car, then get a gas setup; otherwise look for a 2000+ PSI Electric, combo with a MTM 22.2 Foam Cannon.

I use this:
https://www.amazon.com/AR-Blue-Clean...-garden&sr=1-5
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 04:45 AM   #26
TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
I use a karcher k3 with the car kit. Pretty good and just don't use the super high pressure nozzle as that will damage the paint job on any car . The car kit is a must IMO as it comes with the foam nozzle and soft brush to clean the lower end of the car. Minimal manual intervention required post a good wash
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #27
jlozano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Kranzle...buy once and be done.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #28
HMM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I use the craftsman version of this one (Mash Me). I had to buy the Stanley wall mount since it wasn't available from craftsman. I only wanted the craftsman version so it matched my shop vac. It's mounted on the wall right next to the wall mounted vacuum. Been great, only use it for washing cars.
Appreciate 0