BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-05-2021, 12:39 AM   #1
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

(2021) Hunting for 3rd part extended WARRANTY for my 2016 F80 33k expired factory war

Hello Everyone,

I am in the hunt for a good third party extended warranty for my 2016 F80 with 33k miles.
The factory warranty expired a year ago so i cannot get BMW extended warranty.
Can you guys suggest some of the better extended warranties out there.
Currently I have a quote from a dealership selling me EasyCare StatedCare but they want $6800 for 4 years and 48k miles, which seems high. They mentioned that it is high because they need to inspect my car before selling me the extended warranty 😳.
I also got a quote from another dealership for Axiom Platinum which is much more reasonable at $4500 for 4 years, 60k miles.
Does any know a finance manager that can hook me up in souther california. I am willing to drive all over the san fernando valley or even a bit further to get a good price.

Does anyone have any bad experiences submitting claims with Axiom and/or Easycare ?

Thanks i’m advanced for the help.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 10:18 AM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
I am leaning towards Fidelity.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1788913

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #3
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Imma give them a call today since i need them to provide me with contact information of dealerships that are offering fidelity in Los Angeles county.
thank you for the link to your post.

Axiom seems promising but i need to read their 13 page contract first.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 01:20 PM   #4
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GRYBST View Post
Imma give them a call today since i need them to provide me with contact information of dealerships that are offering fidelity in Los Angeles county.
thank you for the link to your post.

Axiom seems promising but i need to read their 13 page contract first.
People here used Troy from a Toyota Dealership.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 10:50 AM   #5
Keca10
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M3 ZCP / '20 X3 M40i

Just read the contract carefully so you know what they promise to cover and under what limitations. It’s a service contract and not a warranty. So it’s not covered by usual consumer protections for warranties. It’s simply a contract.

I know because I tested the limits of these contracts having older M cars (such as the infamous E60 M5) covered by them. When the V10 blows they will fly people over to inspect the car to see if they can get out of the contract. My dealer said the guy even looked to see if I changed the wheels to see if they can use the “modified” clause to reject the payment. It doesn’t matter if the wheels had anything to do with the engine shitting the bed.

I recommend picking a company that your mechanic (or dealer) knows, works with and recommends. The relationship between the shop and the extended warranty company can go a long way. I am also a big fan of them as they saved me $10s of thousands of dollars in repairs.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 01:19 AM   #6
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
People here used Troy from a Toyota Dealership.
I contacted Troy but he cannot help me since my original warranty is expired so i have to take it into a dealership to get it inspected for them to sell me an extended warranty, and he is not in california.

thank you tho
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 01:20 AM   #7
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keca10 View Post
Just read the contract carefully so you know what they promise to cover and under what limitations. It’s a service contract and not a warranty. So it’s not covered by usual consumer protections for warranties. It’s simply a contract.

I know because I tested the limits of these contracts having older M cars (such as the infamous E60 M5) covered by them. When the V10 blows they will fly people over to inspect the car to see if they can get out of the contract. My dealer said the guy even looked to see if I changed the wheels to see if they can use the “modified” clause to reject the payment. It doesn’t matter if the wheels had anything to do with the engine shitting the bed.

I recommend picking a company that your mechanic (or dealer) knows, works with and recommends. The relationship between the shop and the extended warranty company can go a long way. I am also a big fan of them as they saved me $10s of thousands of dollars in repairs.
Will do thank you. What company was your extended warranty with ?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 07:12 AM   #8
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Amongst the indy shops here it seems to be Axiom as the recommended 3rd party
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #9
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
Amongst the indy shops here it seems to be Axiom as the recommended 3rd party
Good to know thank you for the info. I am waiting to get a quote for Easycare Total Care from a finance manager in Valencia BMW before making a decision but it looks like Easycare, Fidelity and Axiom should take care of me as long as i choose the right tier level. At this point i am shooting for platinum of Axiom or Total care of Easy care this way they won’t have any excuses lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #10
Keca10
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M3 ZCP / '20 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GRYBST View Post
Will do thank you. What company was your extended warranty with ?
I used UAC (United Auto Care). It is owned by Penske, same as my dealer. I assumed it may help. I also used Zurich and Fidelity in the past.

None of them are perfect and I’ve had to fight with them to pay for things they should cover.

Zurich (on X5 M) refused to pay for some plastic parts the dealer broke while fixing the car (they seem to just rip the trim off and if it breaks they try to charge the customer). I was pretty upset about that overall. It’s a bs practice on the dealer to charge for stuff they break during the repair. There is no incentive for the mechanic to be slower and careful while removing and installing trim pieces, in fact it’s probably the opposite. It’s bs and I can’t blame Zurich for refusing to cover it.

Regarding the M5 mess, UAC worked hard not to pay to fix the engine but in the end they covered everything except the emissions systems (specifically catalytic converters). The SA had to fight with them. They said emissions are still covered by the factory warranty. BMW NA disagreed (they said the engine blowing up ruined the catalytic converters, they didn’t fail by themself). So, I had to pay about $5000 for the cats. I tried everything to get BMW to cover it (called HQ, meeting with shop foreman, etc) and they kept refusing.

Later BMW announced the new F10 M5 on Facebook and I posted “hope you fixed the part where the engine randomly blows up”. They deleted my post and I got a call from their “marketing executives” asking me to explain. I did. They reviewed my case for a few weeks and called me back to apologize saying it should have been handled differently and I got my money back for the Catalytic converter repair. I added up all the costs and the $3000 warranty covered $60,000 (over many visits) in total repairs for the E60. I really can’t complain in the end. This was over 10 years ago when that car was worth a lot. I still kept that car for 4 years and loved it. I used to post about the V10 issues and trips to the dealer on M3forum.net off-topic section.

Pictures are from separate towing events of many that the E60 had. The positive is it got the best mileage while being towed (tow truck + M5 averaged better mpg than the M5 by itself) which is hilarious.
Attached Images

Last edited by Keca10; 02-07-2021 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 07:51 PM   #11
stealthm4f8x
Private First Class
Rep

CarMax has the best one, I have a 5 year CarMax warranty on my f82, the car is for sale with transferable warranty til 100k miles worked for me at bmw dealer no issues PM if you're interesting in buying it
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 04:43 PM   #12
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keca10 View Post
I used UAC (United Auto Care). It is owned by Penske, same as my dealer. I assumed it may help. I also used Zurich and Fidelity in the past.

None of them are perfect and I’ve had to fight with them to pay for things they should cover.

Zurich (on X5 M) refused to pay for some plastic parts the dealer broke while fixing the car (they seem to just rip the trim off and if it breaks they try to charge the customer). I was pretty upset about that overall. It’s a bs practice on the dealer to charge for stuff they break during the repair. There is no incentive for the mechanic to be slower and careful while removing and installing trim pieces, in fact it’s probably the opposite. It’s bs and I can’t blame Zurich for refusing to cover it.

Regarding the M5 mess, UAC worked hard not to pay to fix the engine but in the end they covered everything except the emissions systems (specifically catalytic converters). The SA had to fight with them. They said emissions are still covered by the factory warranty. BMW NA disagreed (they said the engine blowing up ruined the catalytic converters, they didn’t fail by themself). So, I had to pay about $5000 for the cats. I tried everything to get BMW to cover it (called HQ, meeting with shop foreman, etc) and they kept refusing.

Later BMW announced the new F10 M5 on Facebook and I posted “hope you fixed the part where the engine randomly blows up”. They deleted my post and I got a call from their “marketing executives” asking me to explain. I did. They reviewed my case for a few weeks and called me back to apologize saying it should have been handled differently and I got my money back for the Catalytic converter repair. I added up all the costs and the $3000 warranty covered $60,000 (over many visits) in total repairs for the E60. I really can’t complain in the end. This was over 10 years ago when that car was worth a lot. I still kept that car for 4 years and loved it. I used to post about the V10 issues and trips to the dealer on M3forum.net off-topic section.

Pictures are from separate towing events of many that the E60 had. The positive is it got the best mileage while being towed (tow truck + M5 averaged better mpg than the M5 by itself) which is hilarious.
Seems like you really have to fight with them to get expensive repairs done. Glad that you were able to get your money back from BMW, you definitely got your money’s worth from the extended warranty :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #13
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I got more quotes including AUL and Assurant at this point i am leaning more towards Assurant sold by Century West BMW. I hope someone here can give me some feedback about assurant.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #14
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

What about some past experiences with AUL???
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 08:17 PM   #15
F82SO2
Private
Rep
Drives:

Check Carshield too. I had it for my E92 and paid monthly $100/mo for coverage. I used it to replace the radiator, coolant pump and reservoir. SA did have to make multiple calls to get the claim processed. I had to facilitate that process my self by speaking to the claim adjuster. Just keep in mind any third party warranty used through a BMW dealership will be a headache when filing a claim.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 12:47 AM   #16
1GRYBST
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82SO2 View Post
Check Carshield too. I had it for my E92 and paid monthly $100/mo for coverage. I used it to replace the radiator, coolant pump and reservoir. SA did have to make multiple calls to get the claim processed. I had to facilitate that process my self by speaking to the claim adjuster. Just keep in mind any third party warranty used through a BMW dealership will be a headache when filing a claim.
i’ll check them out. thank you :-)
Appreciate 0