R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #23
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edb4164 View Post
I didn't think there was any maintenance on 2017 or later BMWs. I was under the assumption it had to be purchased in one of their maintenance plans, particularly for M-cars. Any more insight here?
After 2016, only these parts are covered:

Engine Oil
Engine Filter
Brake Fluid
Cabin Micro Filter(s)
Engine Air Filter(s)
Spark Plugs
Remote Control/Key Battery
Vehicle Check
Fuel Filter (Diesel engines only)

Which is basically all you really need, the old plan was 1 year longer and it covered consumables like rotors, pads, and wiper blade inserts. BMW does not resurface rotors and only do full replacements, so it'll be worth it if you go through brakes a lot. You can upgrade to the old plan for an additional cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edb4164 View Post
I didn't think there was any maintenance on 2017 or later BMWs. I was under the assumption it had to be purchased in one of their maintenance plans, particularly for M-cars. Any more insight here?
After 2016, only these parts are covered:

Engine Oil
Engine Filter
Brake Fluid
Cabin Micro Filter(s)
Engine Air Filter(s)
Spark Plugs
Remote Control/Key Battery
Vehicle Check
Fuel Filter (Diesel engines only)

Which is basically all you really need, the old plan was 1 year longer and it covered consumables like rotors, pads, and wiper blade inserts. BMW does not resurface rotors and only do full replacements, so it'll be worth it if you go through brakes a lot. You can upgrade to the old plan for an additional cost.
And for $700, you can upgrade the maintenance package to full maintenance so it can covers the wearables like pads and rotors. As I've mentioned in another thread, you can negotiate that $700 down to about $450-500. You'd have to be crazy not to. (Former BMW finance manager)
      12-29-2019, 07:00 PM   #24
Laostuh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP Azurite Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarani View Post
And for $700, you can upgrade the maintenance package to full maintenance so it can covers the wearables like pads and rotors. As I've mentioned in another thread, you can negotiate that $700 down to about $450-500. You'd have to be crazy not to. (Former BMW finance manager)
Do I call BMWNA to do this or speak to service advisor???
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 07:02 PM   #25
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laostuh View Post
Quote:
Do I call BMWNA to do this or speak to service advisor???
You need to call the dealership and ask for a finance manager. Service cant sell this package.
      12-29-2019, 10:20 PM   #26
Tintking
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP AY convertible

Quote:
You need to call the dealership and ask for a finance manager. Service cant sell this package.

Is it possible to obtain this coverage if I am not the original owner? I just purchased mine (from an independent dealer) a month ago but I still have six months of factory warranty. I’d be very interested in having pads/rotors covered.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2019, 10:27 PM   #27
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintking View Post
Quote:

Is it possible to obtain this coverage if I am not the original owner? I just purchased mine (from an independent dealer) a month ago but I still have six months of factory warranty. I’d be very interested in having pads/rotors covered.
Maintenance and warranty are completely separate. You have to call and give them year and miles and they will tell you if the full maintenance is available. It's always good to build a relationship with a dealerships finance and service department.