Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #23
thomaskerry
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430xi, 2018 M3

Here she is
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
///M TOWN15844.00
agentrnge379.00
c12h231.00
irunalot1517.00
      10-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #24
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Lovely

Absolutely lovely
      10-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #25
B Watts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaskerry View Post
Should have shared that I got it from a BMW dealership, and it was the same dealership that sold the car when new (and did all the service).

Thanks for the heads up re: the potential issues. Will do that scan at my local shop and see what comes up.
Just curious, who is your local shop? I also am in Cincinnati and can't find a reputable independent shop. I took my F80 to BMW Cincy North, they had it for 5 days, got the car back after dropping $2k and the steering wheel was 15 degrees off center. IDK how the mechanic didn't notice it. Took it back and the service advisor thought I was coming in for routine maintenance, tried to sell me on a rear diff flush, when I just had it flushed when they replaced my rear axle 5 days prior SMH.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #26
thomaskerry
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Watts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaskerry View Post
Should have shared that I got it from a BMW dealership, and it was the same dealership that sold the car when new (and did all the service).

Thanks for the heads up re: the potential issues. Will do that scan at my local shop and see what comes up.
Just curious, who is your local shop? I also am in Cincinnati and can't find a reputable independent shop. I took my F80 to BMW Cincy North, they had it for 5 days, got the car back after dropping $2k and the steering wheel was 15 degrees off center. IDK how the mechanic didn't notice it. Took it back and the service advisor thought I was coming in for routine maintenance, tried to sell me on a rear diff flush, when I just had it flushed when they replaced my rear axle 5 days prior SMH.
Good to see another Cincinnatian here!

I'm having the PPI done at Enthusiast Auto (http://enthusiastauto.com). I've had a few of my other cars worked on by them, post warranty expiration. A bit of a trek for me, as they're up in Sharonville, but they're a solid non-dealer shop.

This car is still under warranty so I want a non-BMW Dealership opinion about things to ensure she's tip top.

I've also heard great things about Turn-In, but haven't taken a car there myself (http://turninconcepts.com). I believe they do a ton of very specialized tuning, performance, and track prep work, but also general maintenance. I may go there in a few years when I get bored with a stock M3 (is that even possible?!?).
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #27
B Watts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Enthusiast is a trek for me as well or else I'd love to swing by there for maintenance. I actually went to Turn In a while back for an alignment. I was surprised it was more expensive than the actual dealer!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #28
thomaskerry
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Watts View Post
Enthusiast is a trek for me as well or else I'd love to swing by there for maintenance. I actually went to Turn In a while back for an alignment. I was surprised it was more expensive than the actual dealer!
Interesting. Didn't know that about Turn-In, but that doesn't surprise me. I've heard they do exceptional work.

Only other spots I've worked with are:
- Just Blau Mit Weiss (Pleasant Ridge) though they deal mainly with older vintage models, I think.
- Elsen Auto Haus (Loveland) - John was a Master Tech at The BMW store before opening up his own shop. They do solid work but it's also a trek.
Appreciate 0