Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Closed Thread

05-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #67
Drew@Sonic MS
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Just buy a module, that's not possible with a flash tune. I'm using a MS Module with VF Tune, theres a whole ton of other options available.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #68
Sonic_M2c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87N M2c

Would like to see a video shooting above the exhaust tips while driving at high speed. Especially when you let off the throttle at high RPM. (the overrun burbles)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 07:53 PM   #69
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1990 View Post
Do you have any dealer in Dubai or middle east?
Not as of yet...at least not with the proper bench flashing equipment for these cars.

We have a few dealers for our Supercharger Systems who are also familiar with our HEX Tuning Port Flash products for Porsche, Audi, Lamborghini, etc...

I'm sure as the demand makes it's way to them, we'll get someone on board in Dubai.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 07:53 PM   #70
TPG Tuning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / F82 M4

Maybe my previous message was missed. Since you have TCU access I'm assuming you have launch control adjustability , if so can you elaborate ?
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #71
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M4 PWR View Post
Last (and very important) question! Will you guys' flashes have the ability to toggle the Exhaust flaps open and closed like on the JB4!? If yes that'd be the potential "game changer" for me!
If that's the game changer, then I'm going to have to say unfortunately not.

The "toggle" or remote activation of the flaps at will is more of an accessory feature than an ECU control.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #72
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Would like to see a video shooting above the exhaust tips while driving at high speed. Especially when you let off the throttle at high RPM. (the overrun burbles)
We'll be working on a few more sound clips over the next couple weeks.

At speed it's more about having the proper microphone than camera angle, so that we can avoid the wind noise and hear the exhaust note at the same time.

We'll get you guys something cool soon!
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #73
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Wow that yellow car in the video is stock exhaust with @supremepower tips? Now I'm even more interested! VF, I believe you said you could get a dealer in my area to remove and ship my ecu to you. Could you pm me details of this?

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #74
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPG Tuning View Post
Maybe my previous message was missed. Since you have TCU access I'm assuming you have launch control adjustability , if so can you elaborate ?
My apologies ... it was missed the first time around.

Yes, we have access to the tables that handle launch control.

As you probably know, the factory launch control already has variable RPM control which works quite well to dial in the best RPM range to maximize your tires grip and surface conditions.

Our TCU Software does a great job complimenting the launch control function due to the increased clamping force to transfer the torque to the ground.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #75
yellowssm
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Wow that yellow car in the video is stock exhaust with @supremepower tips? Now I'm even more interested! VF, I believe you said you could get a dealer in my area to remove and ship my ecu to you. Could you pm me details of this?

Thanks!
Yes stock exhaust except aftermarket tips
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #76
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post

Thanks!
We were very fortunate to have that particular car here for the Stage ONE Software Upgrade the same week we planned the software re-releasing with the increased power level and "GTS" features.

As you can hear in the video, the software really does bring the stock exhaust to life.

Thanks JTO24!
PM Sent.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #77
WoohooSoCal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS II / SS

VF, if I make an appointment and bring my car to your location, can you do the Stage 2+ and TCU in one day?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #78
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoohooSoCal View Post
VF, if I make an appointment and bring my car to your location, can you do the Stage 2+ and TCU in one day?
Thanks for the interest!

Our nearest authorized dealer (literally less than 1.5 miles away from our facility) is Supreme Power Parts.

If you'd like we can set up an introduction, and if they are unable to accommodate an appointment that works for you, we can try to arrange something directly that does work.

Please let them know whether you would like to book time for before and after dyno results as well.

(Either way we will make sure you are well taken care of.)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #79
WoohooSoCal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS II / SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post
Thanks for the interest!
Our nearest authorized dealer (literally less than 1.5 miles away from our facility) is Supreme Power Parts.
If you'd like we can set up an introduction, and if they are unable to accommodate an appointment that works for you, we can try to arrange something directly that does work.
Please let them know whether you would like to book time for before and after dyno results as well.
(Either way we will make sure you are well taken care of.)
Outstanding. I will stop by Supreme and talk to them about this tune as I was going by there next week to view some wheels.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #80
ShlemonboostedM
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i F30

I was against the flash for a long time .. But this look promising actually .. Great results for 91oct and stage 1 .. + GTS overrun sounds really good .. Any plans on having dealer in NY/NJ area ?
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 10:11 PM   #81
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlemonboostedM View Post
I was against the flash for a long time .. But this look promising actually ..
What exactly looks promising about this one in particular? There are only a few unique bench flashes on the market which are licensed out and re-branded. At least others give you the flexibility of removing the cold start, governor, or those awful burbles.

It speaks volumes how no one really cares for transparency on any of this...
Appreciate 4
      05-07-2016, 09:56 AM   #82
BMW M4 PWR
Major
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
What exactly looks promising about this one in particular? There are only a few unique bench flashes on the market which are licensed out and re-branded. At least others give you the flexibility of removing the cold start, governor, or those awful burbles.

For me the flash-only dyno chart posted on 91oct for one thing. A very nice improvement all the way around and smoother than typical JB4 stage 2 only dyno's... I'm really looking forward to seeing their stage 2 dyno with catless DP's as its either this or the JB4 for me. (I DO love the exhaust flap toggle feature on comes with JB4's very much thou, one less thing I have to dick with that I want to have)
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2016, 10:09 AM   #83
maximumpsi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M3, 02 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post
My apologies ... it was missed the first time around.

Yes, we have access to the tables that handle launch control.

As you probably know, the factory launch control already has variable RPM control which works quite well to dial in the best RPM range to maximize your tires grip and surface conditions.

Our TCU Software does a great job complimenting the launch control function due to the increased clamping force to transfer the torque to the ground.
Are you able to set the initial launch rpm to 4 or 5k without having to bump up the rpm with a button?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #84
Der
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Sorry, just to double, even triple check. Is this a cobb-like n54 flash which allows to flash the ecu without physically taking it out? I. e. a pure obdII solution?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #85
bdoooh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 SSII M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der
Sorry, just to double, even triple check. Is this a cobb-like n54 flash which allows to flash the ecu without physically taking it out? I. e. a pure obdII solution?
No.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 01:52 AM   #86
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoohooSoCal View Post
Outstanding. I will stop by Supreme and talk to them about this tune as I was going by there next week to view some wheels.

Thanks!
We should have our Stage 1 car in the shop for you to check out

Hopefully I'll have the Stage 2 on my personal car when you come by too!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 02:29 AM   #87
S2evo1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der View Post

No one can do this DME with out unlocking on the bench yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 02:34 AM   #88
S2evo1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post

This is not correct at all! Any one can by the flash tool from one off the big toolmakers and read out the bin file from the DME MEVD17.2.G and then fined a Damos file to buy for it and start to play, but this does not say it will be a good file as to tune this MEVD DME`s you need to know what you are doing.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread