GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2019, 01:27 PM   #23
NickyC
Lieutenant General
NickyC's Avatar
16625
Rep
10,310
Posts

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
I heard about service issues but so far dealership experience has been great from sales point of view.
Well....yeah.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 01:52 PM   #24
boss2k
Colonel
966
Rep
2,692
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2C
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (2)

Its like this, i didnt buy the stingray because i didnt like the M, i loved the M as a daily driver and looks/ class but i didnt get the real sports car feel like get in the stingray, i know its a different class of car but i wanted to try something different , sports convertible with V8 and stingray fitted the bill perfectly in my budget. Its my 1st sports car and want to have this experience, have been driving sports sedans since 2005 and got bit tired of it. Another reason i missed the moonroof badly and didnt care about the CF roof , there were many times i wished i had the moonroof instead.
__________________
2021 M2C HS/6MT/Exec/Moonroof
Appreciate 2
minn1913769.50
GERMAN M34078.00
      03-20-2019, 08:15 AM   #25
Gumdoc
Enlisted Member
33
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Merica

iTrader: (0)

does it come with a box of depends?
Appreciate 4
      03-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #26
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
774
Rep
1,751
Posts

Drives: f80
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Long Island ny

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdoc View Post
does it come with a box of depends?
And dentures..
Appreciate 2
f80er2048.50
Clark_Kent2077.50
      03-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #27
f80er
Banned
2049
Rep
1,984
Posts

Drives: An M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckedmyf80 View Post
And dentures..
AARP card too.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:43 PM   #28
boss2k
Colonel
966
Rep
2,692
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2C
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdoc View Post
does it come with a box of depends?
comes with a large box of fun which is missing in M cars
__________________
2021 M2C HS/6MT/Exec/Moonroof
Appreciate 3
ntg442880.00
swanson731.00
      03-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #29
TrevorM3
Banned
3310
Rep
8,083
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
comes with a large box of fun which is missing in M cars



it's alright man, dont engage. You see how there are some members on here who can't wrap their small minds around anything else besides BMW. Enjoy the vette, I know I do.
Appreciate 4
ntg442880.00
boss2k966.00
swanson731.00
AlterZgo1474.50
      03-21-2019, 08:42 AM   #30
Gumdoc
Enlisted Member
33
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Merica

iTrader: (0)

I'm just kidding....I actually rented one while in Vegas earlier this year and toyed around the red rock canyon with it....had a blast.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #31
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
774
Rep
1,751
Posts

Drives: f80
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Long Island ny

iTrader: (3)

All jokes aside.. enjoy the new ride and donít care what others have to say.
Appreciate 1
minn1913769.50
      03-25-2019, 08:32 AM   #32
boss2k
Colonel
966
Rep
2,692
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2C
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (2)

Oh no it's fine..like to hear people's opinion

One week of ownership and I think I have the best car in my lifetime , drives really well and whole new experience.
Appreciate 2
minn1913769.50
GERMAN M34078.00
      03-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #33
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
13770
Rep
9,998
Posts

Drives: 20 Taco, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Oh no it's fine..like to hear people's opinion

One week of ownership and I think I have the best car in my lifetime , drives really well and whole new experience.
I've said numerous times if I didn't need back seats, I'd definitely seriously look at a manual GS Vette. Enjoy and I hope the ownership experience is trouble free!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #34
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
21082
Rep
20,739
Posts

Drives: 2021 911 turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I've said numerous times if I didn't need back seats, I'd definitely seriously look at a manual GS Vette. Enjoy and I hope the ownership experience is trouble free!
The GS is defintely the sweet spot of the lineup.
__________________
Porsche 911 turbo 2021 992 GT Silver

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
minn1913769.50
      03-29-2019, 04:58 PM   #35
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
nicknaz's Avatar
3182
Rep
10,509
Posts

Drives: C6Z
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I've said numerous times if I didn't need back seats, I'd definitely seriously look at a manual GS Vette. Enjoy and I hope the ownership experience is trouble free!
+1 to that but I would prioritize someoneís pre modified c6z. Ls7 with 580+whp all motor, 135+ mph traps. Yes please!
Appreciate 1
minn1913769.50
      03-30-2019, 02:11 PM   #36
dkhm3
Brigadier General
dkhm3's Avatar
United_States
1878
Rep
3,341
Posts

Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Oh no it's fine..like to hear people's opinion

One week of ownership and I think I have the best car in my lifetime , drives really well and whole new experience.
To be honest, I think it was the way you wrote your post that invites the stupid comments and stereotypes.

I would temper the review after several months of ownership, after the new car shine wears off. Not saying it will change, just saying it would be more nuanced.

Pluses and minuses in everything, no absolutes. I find the M as more practical and livable for most of my driving needs, it is also very consistent in handling which is more than I can say for other cars Iíve had.
__________________
Currently:
2018 GT3 2020 X3MC

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 02:20 PM   #37
dkhm3
Brigadier General
dkhm3's Avatar
United_States
1878
Rep
3,341
Posts

Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
The GS is defintely the sweet spot of the lineup.
It is. I wonder how much of it has to do with the tires. Doesn't the GS come with r compounds?

The Amg GT-R spec tires vs z06 spec tires on the same car C and D tested raised the lateral g from 1.07 to 1.14 (also 10 mm wider front and rears)

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
__________________
Currently:
2018 GT3 2020 X3MC

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #38
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
21082
Rep
20,739
Posts

Drives: 2021 911 turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
It is. I wonder how much of it has to do with the tires. Doesn't the GS come with r compounds?

The Amg GT-R spec tires vs z06 spec tires on the same car C and D tested raised the lateral g from 1.07 to 1.14 (also 10 mm wider front and rears)

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
I am no Corvette expert, but I believe the GS only comes with the PSC2ZP when ordered with the Z07 package.
__________________
Porsche 911 turbo 2021 992 GT Silver

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 04:28 PM   #39
chris719
Major General
6927
Rep
6,971
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
AARP card too.
Let us not pretend that the average person that can afford an M car does not also have an AARP card.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone younger than 60 get out of an M5.

Cheap cars == young owners
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 10:16 PM   #40
gasnet
Lieutenant
gasnet's Avatar
United_States
250
Rep
408
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Had the 2014 Vette when it first came out lots of fun indeed. However my fellow vette owners where old men who hung out in parking lots on weekends. Get a life. My wife even made fun of me. Not a Hamptons car. Got a Z4 35is instead. Couldnt be happier. Love that convertible hard top. That said the vette was an exciting car, and i sure do miss that raw power. And yes a corvette beats M3 M4. You will never be king of 0-60 something will always be faster. Hell even a camaro now tops a vette. I dont know why corvettes aren't sold under the cadillac brand. A premium experiance for a premium car. Still a chevy with shit warranty. Hence the shit value after 3 years.
P.S. Love the mullet aarp comments.
__________________
Garage
2014 Z4 35is RIP /2016 Z4 28i RIP
2015 335i RIP
2016 Audi A7 RIP / 19 Genesis G80 RIP
2020 Z4 M40i / 2022 X3
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 11:17 PM   #41
boss2k
Colonel
966
Rep
2,692
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2C
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasnet View Post
Had the 2014 Vette when it first came out lots of fun indeed. However my fellow vette owners where old men who hung out in parking lots on weekends. Get a life. My wife even made fun of me. Not a Hamptons car. Got a Z4 35is instead. Couldnt be happier. Love that convertible hard top. That said the vette was an exciting car, and i sure do miss that raw power. And yes a corvette beats M3 M4. You will never be king of 0-60 something will always be faster. Hell even a camaro now tops a vette. I dont know why corvettes aren't sold under the cadillac brand. A premium experiance for a premium car. Still a chevy with shit warranty. Hence the shit value after 3 years.
P.S. Love the mullet aarp comments.
Tell me what's shit about the warranty ? On the contrary I heard it's far more reliable than a BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #42
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
nicknaz's Avatar
3182
Rep
10,509
Posts

Drives: C6Z
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
It is. I wonder how much of it has to do with the tires. Doesn't the GS come with r compounds?

The Amg GT-R spec tires vs z06 spec tires on the same car C and D tested raised the lateral g from 1.07 to 1.14 (also 10 mm wider front and rears)

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
Even more interesting are the lightning lap times

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g15336568/lightning-lap-times/

GS z07 pack was 1s off the pace of the gt3rs that was tested the same year (and is 2.5x cost of the vette)

The jokes about image are fun, but if driver knows what they are doing, the latest vettes are track weapons.

My understanding from speaking with owners at DEs is that the aero support works well and the stability control is non intrusive and definitely a helpful safety net when pushing hard.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #43
Ag3ofShadows
Private
United_States
94
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Thanks to all of you for all the info shared over several years, we have great folks who have helped me time and again with my numerous questions. I traded in my 18M3 CP MT for a 19 2LT 7MT Corvette Stingray past weekend.

The M3 was great but not as fun like the stingray, the V8 sound and the driving dynamics of a sports car bowled me over and its my 1st sports car. Surely i will miss the 4 doors but have an Acura TL to serve that purpose. Honestly the M3 CP did not impress me much over the 16 non ZCP M3 i owned for 2 1/2 yrs, i liked that car better in terms of rawness and comfort. The suspension in the M3 ZCP was quite harsh even in comfort mode and it amazes me how much smoother suspension the stingray has although being a sports car. Lets hope i love this new beast and maybe some day will be back to a BMW, who knows

Here's some pics


Have fun folks
Quote:
Another reason i missed the moonroof badly and didnt care about the CF roof , there were many times i wished i had the moonroof instead.

It's crazy how much opinions can differ...I'm polar opposite lol. I have a '17 Grand Sport and I'm to the point where I can't wait to get rid of it. I'm just bored of driving it. It's an M7 and sounds incredible, but it just doesn't excite me any more. I also had a '15 Stingray prior so that could be why it feels a bit stagnant too. With that said, I've been driving the same/similar car for about 4 years and ready for something new... I'm torn between the C63 and M4 ZCP right now, and cannot decide what I want. Both have their pros/cons. I've also been offered trade-in values about $8k less than what I owe on the vette so that's a deterrent too. I feel as though my vette ride is stiff as all hell, and every M4 I've test driven felt smooth as butter and much more refined same with the benz obviously.

Also, your last point about the moonroof really hits home. It's nearly impossible to locate a ZCP car WITH a moonroof. The CF roof looks amazing, but I totally would miss the feel of having the targa. Some will say.. well just get the vert. I don't really care for appearance of verts in general, and I'd rather have the sunroof than a CF roof.
How do you like the stingray so far? Do you miss anything about your M3? Regrets?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 10:13 PM   #44
boss2k
Colonel
966
Rep
2,692
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2C
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag3ofShadows View Post
It's crazy how much opinions can differ...I'm polar opposite lol. I have a '17 Grand Sport and I'm to the point where I can't wait to get rid of it. I'm just bored of driving it. It's an M7 and sounds incredible, but it just doesn't excite me any more. I also had a '15 Stingray prior so that could be why it feels a bit stagnant too. With that said, I've been driving the same/similar car for about 4 years and ready for something new... I'm torn between the C63 and M4 ZCP right now, and cannot decide what I want. Both have their pros/cons. I've also been offered trade-in values about $8k less than what I owe on the vette so that's a deterrent too. I feel as though my vette ride is stiff as all hell, and every M4 I've test driven felt smooth as butter and much more refined same with the benz obviously.

Also, your last point about the moonroof really hits home. It's nearly impossible to locate a ZCP car WITH a moonroof. The CF roof looks amazing, but I totally would miss the feel of having the targa. Some will say.. well just get the vert. I don't really care for appearance of verts in general, and I'd rather have the sunroof than a CF roof.
How do you like the stingray so far? Do you miss anything about your M3? Regrets?
Interesting LOL, I just love the stingray , specially the v8 sound and suspension. The car is so smooth inspite being a sports car and so comfortable. Not ashamed to say I hated the M3 ZCP stiff suspension , not comfortable for daily driver at all. Do you have the MRC suspension in the vette , it's really nice

Also love the M7 clutch and transmission, way better than the M3 in my opinion. I dont understand how you found the M4 suspension smooth and comfortable.

No regrets at all except the 4 doors, however driving a sports car and sitting low is a different feeling and loving it
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST