Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-02-2023, 10:52 AM   #1
jaylazy2020
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

first time on autobahn, epic! 183mph

I’ve moved from Dublin to Stuttgart for work so my F82 comp was perfect for the trip and practical for bringing over bike and coffee machine etc

I stopped off at DRW Performance in Liverpool and left the car with him for two days.

He did insane crank hub
Vrsf downpipes
Vrsf charge pipes
NGK colder plugs
Exhaust cam realignment
bm3 stage 2

Once I got rid of the crap 95 fuel and filled with V power and switched map the car came alive.

The burble sound on the over run is like machine gun now!

Got from Calais to Stuttgart in 5 hrs 40 mins

Car was flawless and really pulls now.

As soon as I found a decent straight I pinned it but lack of experience meant I pulled 7th to early and killed the revs.

Screen shot from ghe video shows 293km/h and that was going uplhill so I’ll find another stretch to get 300

Best part was the last hour on the A9 at 0030, empty lanes and I’d say the slower I did was 120mph and sat at 140/150mph for at least 30 mins.

Epic so enjoyable. Incredibly safe. Didn’t have any fear of anyone pulling out on me.

It has to be done if you are in Europe as the newspapers are saying the there is a push to bring in a blanket speed limit

F82 with stage 2 and downpipe really is the car does everything

They have 102 fuel here so might try it this weekend
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mathys198.00
fivaxis51.00
      06-02-2023, 11:40 AM   #2
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Unrestricted roads are great but just wait until the Polizei come after you for your mods!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 12:59 PM   #3
E30_Bastard
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1988 E30 325iS, 2015 F80 M3

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 01:05 PM   #4
E92Roni
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 2012 M3 1999 328IS

Feels like any other day on the highway, just legally this time!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 02:23 PM   #5
jaylazy2020
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
Unrestricted roads are great but just wait until the Polizei come after you for your mods!
Funny you should say that as the agent who showed me the apartment has a C63 with straight pipes and he said if they stop him they will seize the car immediately
Appreciate 1
mathys198.00
      06-03-2023, 12:47 AM   #6
DFTBA
Private First Class
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: BMW F83

Garage List
A few hints for the Autobahn/German police as I live 15 minutes away from Germany:

- you probably will need to register your car in Germany as your main residence is/will be in Germany (except military and the like)

- if so, you need to go to TüV. If your downpipes, tune, etc. are not homologated (ECE label), your car gets immobilised straight away ("erloschene Betriebserlaubnis" -> cancelled operating licence) and yes, they hate "tuners", especially in larger towns (check "autoposer" documentaries on YT, this one is not too bad (in German)).

Plus you go to court for tax evasion, which is definitely not a joke. Reason: if your Downpipes are catless (which I don't know, but assume), you pay less car taxes than you actually should because your car pollutes more than its document state. Plus, be aware that Germany is, similar to CH, increasingly installing noise radars, meaning you get fined if your car is too loud.

- Germany passed a law a year or so ago, that not only forbids races against other cars (on the Autobahn or not), but also against yourself. Sounds weird, but if they recon that you are e.g. trying to beat your own personal record from e.g. work to home -> court. That happened for instance to this 18 year old fella with his M8: klick

- Best day to drive fast is Sunday, as most trucks are not allowed to take the Autobahn on that day, and obviously less "normal" cars anyway.

- Aral sells 102 octane if that makes you happy
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2023, 01:26 AM   #7
E30_Bastard
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1988 E30 325iS, 2015 F80 M3

Man, it sounds like Germany has become something unintelligible...let me know if my comment offends you!
Appreciate 2
mathys198.00
NickyC17439.00
      06-03-2023, 04:28 AM   #8
jaylazy2020
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFTBA View Post
A few hints for the Autobahn/German police as I live 15 minutes away from Germany:

- you probably will need to register your car in Germany as your main residence is/will be in Germany (except military and the like)

- if so, you need to go to TüV. If your downpipes, tune, etc. are not homologated (ECE label), your car gets immobilised straight away ("erloschene Betriebserlaubnis" -> cancelled operating licence) and yes, they hate "tuners", especially in larger towns (check "autoposer" documentaries on YT, this one is not too bad (in German)).

Plus you go to court for tax evasion, which is definitely not a joke. Reason: if your Downpipes are catless (which I don't know, but assume), you pay less car taxes than you actually should because your car pollutes more than its document state. Plus, be aware that Germany is, similar to CH, increasingly installing noise radars, meaning you get fined if your car is too loud.

- Germany passed a law a year or so ago, that not only forbids races against other cars (on the Autobahn or not), but also against yourself. Sounds weird, but if they recon that you are e.g. trying to beat your own personal record from e.g. work to home -> court. That happened for instance to this 18 year old fella with his M8: klick

- Best day to drive fast is Sunday, as most trucks are not allowed to take the Autobahn on that day, and obviously less "normal" cars [...]
I really appreciate the heads up.

I should have stated that I’m only going to keep the rhd Irish car here for two months and then bring it home and prob sell it as it won’t get much use

My company pay for flights home to Ireland at least twice a month so it would be nice to come home to it.

One other option is to get a new G82 rhd as they are €52k less here than Ireland due to less tax!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2023, 08:19 AM   #9
DFTBA
Private First Class
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: BMW F83

Garage List
Nono, you shouldn't have anything. I am paid to anticipate problems, I guess that explains the nature of my post

I am bit confused, though. Don't you drive on the left hand side in Ireland?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2023, 10:54 AM   #10
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30_Bastard View Post
Man, it sounds like Germany has become something unintelligible...let me know if my comment offends you!
No kidding, what a joke all that is.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2023, 04:12 PM   #11
jaylazy2020
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFTBA View Post
Nono, you shouldn't have anything. I am paid to anticipate problems, I guess that explains the nature of my post

I am bit confused, though. Don't you drive on the left hand side in Ireland?
Unfortunately yes
Appreciate 0