Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

10-23-2018, 10:29 PM   #397
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawei213 View Post
I accidentally overwrote the original FA. Would adding back the 5AP & 8S4 and 6NH be sufficient to say it's the original FA? All it looks like is a simple XML file.
Use E-Sys FA Editor, and change FA back to it's original factory condition.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 10:31 PM   #398
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Use E-Sys FA Editor, and change FA back to it's original factory condition.
Sorry I added this right before you submitted your comment:
When I set back to original configuration, I assume I would need to go through the normal VCM / CODING steps such as Write to FA FP and then code DCM and the other ECUs individually?

The deviation would be to also to do this:
Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on DME (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 10:36 PM   #399
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry I added this right before you submitted your comment:
When I set back to original configuration, I assume I would need to go through the normal VCM / CODING steps such as Write to FA FP and then code DCM and the other ECUs individually?

The deviation would be to also to do this:
Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on DME (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
No, you do not. Change FA back in FA Editor, load same FA in Coding Module, Activate FA, Inject CAFD and Encode DME as explained above.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #400
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, you do not. Change FA back in FA Editor, load same FA in Coding Module, Activate FA, Inject CAFD and Encode DME as explained above.
That unfortunately did not have the desired effect. It's the same repeatable error unfortunately.

Even when I tried to Read Coding Data, it throws this error:
Quote:
CAFD_00000B0A_000_115_002 Fehler:
CPS read from ECU "ECUIdME2_0x12" failed! [C070]
negative response error:
code: TIMEOUT P2/T2 occurred
description: P2 timeout on Service RDBI_CPS has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=58640][ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available][VendorCode=2142][VendorCodeDescription=P2 timeout occured]; LinkName: DME2_12_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR
[2130765072]
Checking the logs, i see this found this:
negative response error:
description: P2 timeout on Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=58640][ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available][VendorCode=2142][VendorCodeDescription=P2 timeout occured]; LinkName: DME2_12_ETHERNET

Looks like entity DME2_12_ETHERNET can't be accessed or not found:
Quote:
imestamp: Tue Oct 23 23:42:40 EDT 2018
ErrorCategory: SYSTEM_ERROR ID: 2130765072
Class: com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil
ExecutionContext={category=VEHICLE, ecuid=(DME2,0x12),PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagServic e<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_SVK - ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description=error: timeout, link=DME2_12_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Tue Oct 23 23:42:36 EDT 2018, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__ , event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null},PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_SVK - ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description=error: timeout, link=DME2_12_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Tue Oct 23 23:42:38 EDT 2018, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__ , event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null},PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service=RDBI_SVK - ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description=error: timeout, link=DME2_12_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Tue Oct 23 23:42:40 EDT 2018, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__ , event id=default, event type=DiagService error, null}}MCD Error Code: 0xe510MCD Error Code Description: resource not availableVendor Code: 0x85eVendor Code Description: P2 timeout occured
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #401
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I also find it interesting that when I "Detect CAF from SWE" and select the latest I-verion (F020-18-07-547), within the SVT window, the coloring of the DME went from blue target state to black, Actual State.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 11:25 PM   #402
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That unfortunately did not have the desired effect. It's the same repeatable error unfortunately.

negative response error:
description: P2 timeout on Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=58640][ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available][VendorCode=2142][VendorCodeDescription=P2 timeout occured]; LinkName: DME2_12_ETHERNET

Car Battery may not be strong enough, meaning you need to put car on 50 Amp plus Charger or jump car to another car with motor running, then try again.

Appreciate 1
      10-24-2018, 05:45 AM   #403
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:

negative response error:

If engine starts. then run short period to make sure battery is charged. Then, turn off (leaving ignition on) and VO code injected CAFD.

If engine does not start, you will need to supply power via charger or jumping to another vehicle as ShawnSheridan wrote.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #404
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:

negative response error:

If engine starts. then run short period to make sure battery is charged. Then, turn off (leaving ignition on) and VO code injected CAFD.

If engine does not start, you will need to supply power via charger or jumping to another vehicle as ShawnSheridan wrote.
Good news is car does start.

Bad news is even with the car hooked up to another running car, it returned the same error.

So when you say leave ignition on, do you mean hit the on button once so the dash and MMI display is on and with the radio, just no running engine? if so, that's what I did last night when I initially coded it. after Shawn's comment that the car cant be running, I was trying to code with nothing on (everything off). what's the correct method?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 12:04 PM   #405
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I found an older thread with the same issue: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ar.../t-875162.html

That user mentioned this:
Quote:
I then turned on the accessory ignition, then it successfully coded.
So the accessory ignition needs to be on? Or do I need to let the other car run a bit longer to ensure at least 12.6V.

Appreciate all your assistance!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 05:14 PM   #406
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

negative response error:

Car Battery may not be strong enough, meaning you need to put car on 50 Amp plus Charger or jump car to another car with motor running, then try again.
So it seems like 12.6V as the min may not be correct? I just measured my battery (havent driven it at all since yesterday) and it measures 13.95V across the terminals. I may run it and charge it until it gets over 15V and try again.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 02:02 AM   #407
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Good news is car does start.

Bad news is even with the car hooked up to another running car, it returned the same error.

So when you say leave ignition on, do you mean hit the on button once so the dash and MMI display is on and with the radio, just no running engine? if so, that's what I did last night when I initially coded it. after Shawn's comment that the car cant be running, I was trying to code with nothing on (everything off). what's the correct method?
Yes.

Start/Stop + Brake Pedal = Engine On
Start/stop without pedal = ignition on

With Engine on:
1. Read & Activate FA
2. Read ECU
3. Check status of DME
4. If CAFD missing or corrupt, inject (Detect CAF For Swe)
5. Press start/stop --> car left in accessory mode
6. Right Click DME Folder --> Code
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #408
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes.

Start/Stop + Brake Pedal = Engine On
Start/stop without pedal = ignition on

With Engine on:
1. Read & Activate FA
2. Read ECU
3. Check status of DME
4. If CAFD missing or corrupt, inject (Detect CAF For Swe)
5. Press start/stop --> car left in accessory mode
6. Right Click DME Folder --> Code
Yep that worked! Thank you! I just didn't want to risk it until I got secondary confirmation. I did notice after I selected the latest CAFD that the DME2 folder/word changed to half blue and half red. Wish I captured a screenshot.

Now have to figure out what happened to the coding to ICM and EKPM2. What are those two units?

Quote:
[EKPM2 - 17] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files.
[EKPM2 - 17] - [Exception - EKPM2 - 17] negative response error:
description: P2 timeout on Service RDBI_PING has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=58640][ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available][VendorCode=2142][VendorCodeDescription=P2 timeout occured]; LinkName: EKPM2_17_ETHERNET

[ICM - 1C] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files.
[ICM - 1C] - [Exception - ICM - 1c] negative response error:
description: P2 timeout on Service RDBI_PING has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=58640][ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available][VendorCode=2142][VendorCodeDescription=P2 timeout occured]; LinkName: ICM_1C_ETHERNET
Would I run the same process for the above two errors (updating back to latest CAFD file)? When I tried to Detect CAF For SWE for the latest, it did not show the units folder/word changed to half blue and half red like it did with the DME2. Could the initial coding failed and not coded/changed anything?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 12:40 AM   #409
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yep that worked! Thank you! I just didn't want to risk it until I got secondary confirmation. I did notice after I selected the latest CAFD that the DME2 folder/word changed to half blue and half red. Wish I captured a screenshot.

Now have to figure out what happened to the coding to ICM and EKPM2. What are those two units?

Would I run the same process for the above two errors (updating back to latest CAFD file)? When I tried to Detect CAF For SWE for the latest, it did not show the units folder/word changed to half blue and half red like it did with the DME2. Could the initial coding failed and not coded/changed anything?
Where is screenshot?

Integrated chassis management.

Electronic fuel pump control.

Process is only used if CAFD is missing or corrupt.

Anything is possible, but could not say based on information.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #410
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where is screenshot?

Integrated chassis management.

Electronic fuel pump control.

Process is only used if CAFD is missing or corrupt.

Anything is possible, but could not say based on information.
Thanks for your help fellas. Below are the some screenshot. Does that mean that the initial failure of EKPM2 and ICM never took into effect? Only the CADF file was missing from the DME2 unit?

Since I encoded the rest of the ECUs and I didn't change any FDL parameters and if they show up as "Identical" state as the below EKPM2 and ICM units, does that mean then I'm back to my original configuration?

EKPM2 State After Read SVT

EKPM2 State After Detect CADF for SWE, hit ok, but not Encoded

EKPM2 Read from Coding

ICM State After Read SVT

ICM State After Detect CADF for SWE, hit ok, but not Encoded

ICM Read from Coding
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 12:21 AM   #411
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your help fellas. Below are the some screenshot. Does that mean that the initial failure of EKPM2 and ICM never took into effect? Only the CADF file was missing from the DME2 unit?

Since I encoded the rest of the ECUs and I didn't change any FDL parameters and if they show up as "Identical" state as the below EKPM2 and ICM units, does that mean then I'm back to my original configuration?
You only need to inject if CAFD is missing or corrupted. Since CAFD already present, detect caf for swe is going to make SVTactual = SVTarget (black). Therefore, coding not needed.
Appreciate 2
      11-03-2018, 11:15 PM   #412
blaccm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' BSM F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
I tried unlocked Video in Motion via Bimmercode and Vgate wifi adapter but it didn't work. I've set it all to active. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, changing 'Enable SPORT+ driving mode' in ICMQL and KOMBI L7_MID put the car in limp mode (Power steering errors, traction error, TPMS error, and airbag error) I've used the back up to restore the car and it is fine now. Not sure if anyone else had this type of issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 07:44 AM   #413
T1x
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83 Comp

[QUOTE=blaccm3;23942285]I tried unlocked Video in Motion via Bimmercode and Vgate wifi adapter but it didn't work. I've set it all to active. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi, I just coded this last night and was given an extra set off instructions for my F83. It asked me to move the i drive knob forward and keep it there. On my iphone a progress bar was displayed and when that was complete a menu popped up on screen where I could activate the video in motion.

Hope that helps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Appreciate 0