R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment opinions

So the Spotify & iDrive integration is still completely broken after 3-4 months on my Note 8, Spotify don't appear to be in the slightest bit interested in fixing it so they're going to lose my subscription that I've had for 6 years.

(it works again if I roll back to an APK from 4 months ago, then breaks again when I install an APK from within the last 4 months)

I've heard the integrated BMW iDrive 6 'Online Entertainment Voucher' is actually a Deezer subscription with it's own unique integrated app, capable of showing album art and searching the library from the iDrive.

Has anyone made the transition from Spotify to the BMW & Deezer collaboration? Any strong opinions on whether it was worth it, are you losing out on anything?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:37 AM   #2
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Just to update that even the latest Spotify released dated 9th Jan still does not work. BMW has mentioned it is up to Spotify to rectify the issue so I doubt we will get anywhere with BMW.

I do not understand why Spotify is taking such a long time to fix this problem. I am running the older APK and it is working fine so far. Just do not update until Spotify can do something about it.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 07:14 AM   #3
DC001
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 SO

Garage List
2018 M4  [0.00]
Spotify

Can anybody point me in the right direction of how to setup spotify integration. I have an 2018 M4 and a Samsung S9. Is there a previous version of Spotify that I can download and it will work? I don't want to go down the route of registering with Deezer as we have spotify everywhere already.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 01:28 PM   #4
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Move to iOS. No issue
Hope they fix the app.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 10:51 AM   #5
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotif...-apk-download/

You'll have to disable auto-updates on the spotify app and install this manually, there's plenty of guides on how to go about that.

There's also a huge thread on the spotify support forum about this issue, Spotify are aware of it and have publicly said they're working on it, but the priority is clearly not very high.
Appreciate 1
DC0010.00
      12-16-2021, 06:47 AM   #6
lord34
Registered
Rep
Drives: toyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Move to iOS. No issue
Hope they fix the app.
which app?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 11:46 AM   #7
asia5
Banned
Rep
Drives: Honda CRV

sage

Best good morning quotes app
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 11:47 AM   #8
asia5
Banned
Rep
Drives: Honda CRV

wise

Nice good night quotes text.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 08:31 PM   #9
loriszegham
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5

the best alternative of Whats-app chat APP is Gb whatsapp download from any website just search on google
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 02:43 AM   #10
karlmarxbl6
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Lost life APK is worth to try. Download the latest version of lost life apk and help the girl coming back into her life.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 03:37 AM   #11
leoa69
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

I can provide you with some general information about BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment to help you form your own opinion.

BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment is a feature available in some BMW vehicles that allows drivers and passengers to access and stream music through the vehicle's infotainment system. It provides integration with the Deezer music streaming service, which offers a vast library of songs, playlists, and personalized recommendations.

Here are some factors to consider when forming an opinion about BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment:

Music Selection: Deezer offers a wide range of music genres and a large catalog of songs, giving users access to a diverse selection of music to enjoy during their drives.

Integration with BMW Infotainment System: BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment is designed to seamlessly integrate with the BMW infotainment system, providing an easy-to-use interface and controls for accessing and playing music. This integration can enhance the overall user experience.

Personalization Features: Deezer offers personalized recommendations based on users' listening habits and preferences. This can help users discover new music and create personalized playlists tailored to their tastes.

Connectivity and Data Usage: BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment requires an internet connection, either through the vehicle's built-in cellular data or by using a connected smartphone. Users should consider the availability and quality of the internet connection in their driving area and the potential impact on data usage and associated costs.

Compatibility and Updates: Ensure that your BMW vehicle model supports BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment and that it is compatible with the version of the system installed in your vehicle. It's also important to keep the system up to date with the latest software updates for optimal performance and access to new features.

It's recommended to test the BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment feature in a BMW vehicle or consult with BMW dealers or BMW owners who have used the feature to gather firsthand experiences and opinions.

This can help you gauge the usability, performance, and overall satisfaction with the BMW Deezer/Online Entertainment feature.
Appreciate 0