R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-02-2022, 03:01 PM   #1
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

Pagid RSC1 CCB vs. ?? on the track

1. What do you CCB guys use on you CCB at the track?
2. How long do they last?
3. Do you run F or F/R?
4. Do you take temps?
5. Do you have a brake cooling setup?
6. Thoughts on the use of any pad on CCB?

That should be enough for now.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 10:05 AM   #2
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Anyone...Bueler?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 06:48 AM   #3
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Thought I'd give you the information I have even though I have not had the time to get out on the track, although my car is built for it. This is the information I have on CCBs through my research.

1. What do you CCB guys use on you CCB at the track? From what I have researched most switch to aftermarket BBK or to Giro Disk rotors (https://www.girodisc.com/) and track pads when hitting the track on a consistent basis.
2. How long do they last? Depends on how hard you are on the brakes. I have read from a few track days to maximum one season.
3. Do you run F or F/R?
4. Do you take temps? Yes, important for CCBs
5. Do you have a brake cooling setup? This is important with the CCBs, as heat is what kills them. If you can cool them well, you will get better life out of them.
6. Thoughts on the use of any pad on CCB? Either stock or the Pagid pads.

Here are a couple links in which Bimmnerworld discusses the CCBs

https://www.bimmerworld.com/About-Us/F82-M4-GTMore/

Scroll down a 3rd page to see the article on tracking the CCBs

I also see your in Charlotte, so check out GMP Performance as that is a shop for track rats, and they built me car. Also give Bimmerworld(BW) a call and talk to Phil Wurz, they can ship parts to GMP if needed. BW knows their sh!t when it comes to trackign these cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 11:53 AM   #4
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

See below>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
Thought I'd give you the information I have even though I have not had the time to get out on the track, although my car is built for it. This is the information I have on CCBs through my research.

1. What do you CCB guys use on you CCB at the track? From what I have researched most switch to aftermarket BBK or to Giro Disk rotors (https://www.girodisc.com/) and track pads when hitting the track on a consistent basis.
>>>Most if not all do switch but there is someone with 8k TRACK miles on the original rotors and two sets of pads.
2. How long do they last? Depends on how hard you are on the brakes. I have read from a few track days to maximum one season.
>>>See above.
3. Do you run F or F/R?
4. Do you take temps? Yes, important for CCBs
>>>I already had temp strips on the calipers and paint on the rotors and pads. See attached pic.
5. Do you have a brake cooling setup? This is important with the CCBs, as heat is what kills them. If you can cool them well, you will get better life out of them.
>>>Yep heat kills them and I am still looking for a Carboteq Proceq in town. Probably a P car or McLaren $tealer...I am buying parts for F/R cooling ducts now.

6. Thoughts on the use of any pad on CCB? Either stock or the Pagid pads.

Here are a couple links in which Bimmnerworld discusses the CCBs
>>>when others have the kind of track mileage on theirs I find it hard to swap. For that price again, I could have ANOTHER set of stock CCB disks and pads that have plenty of life in them and still have exceptional cold stopping. Clay and Will have pars to sell and a business to run, if you know what I mean. I run off of data. Along with the crank hub - non-believer here. I don't use kickdown and don't use the paddles like a game controller like some of these *people* here do. I used to be on a first name basis with Wurz back ~20 years ago. Nice guy. See attached e36 (#32 built in Spartanburg plant)

https://www.bimmerworld.com/About-Us/F82-M4-GTMore/

Scroll down a 3rd page to see the article on tracking the CCBs

I also see your in Charlotte, so check out GMP Performance as that is a shop for track rats, and they built me car. Also give Bimmerworld(BW) a call and talk to Phil Wurz, they can ship parts to GMP if needed. BW knows their sh!t when it comes to trackign these cars.
>>>Yes, familiar with them but I do all my own work. I've talked to them and I believe, not sure, they are CH non-believers as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00
      07-20-2022, 05:04 PM   #5
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Love that car man!
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2022, 07:27 AM   #6
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks! Which one?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 06:51 PM   #7
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

You should try the Pagid RSC3 for track usage
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 08:58 PM   #8
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
You should try the Pagid RSC3 for track usage
I did and of the three I have the least aggressive RSC1. They are a shade better and hopefully will not blister flake off like the OE Textars did.
Appreciate 0