GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-17-2019, 09:56 PM   #155
///BMW Junkie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

So an average of 510whp/540wtq - that's great for Stg1. Aren't those usually Stg2 93 numbers?
      02-18-2019, 02:11 AM   #156
jdogxxx
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 M2C

this is awsome bm3
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 09:13 AM   #157
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

hoping support for the M2 Competition (S55) will soon be available.

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 11:51 AM   #158
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
hoping support for the M2 Competition (S55) will soon be available.
Support is availble, just not for the latest BMW update - yet
Appreciate 2
tom @ eas8114.50
FSociety3812.50
      05-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #159
hookson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 2015, M5 2019

Guys, so there is actually mechanical difference between base m4 and cs m4 s55? I was really really thinking about doing a CS map on me 2015 without any stress on the engine..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 10:54 AM   #160
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookson View Post
Guys, so there is actually mechanical difference between base m4 and cs m4 s55? I was really really thinking about doing a CS map on me 2015 without any stress on the engine..
No difference
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      05-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #161
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320 Si, M4 comp. M3 E46

Hi everyone, Johnny from Sweden here. I had the BM3 stage2 in my previous M4 comp pack and it was great, until i almost died in that car in a wild boar accident. But i have bought a new M4 comp pack now and still have the license. My thought is to flash the stage2 again but i'm thinking about reducing torque because of the crank hub issues some guys have experienced and i was thinking of reduce it about 15% so i get in the same torque levels as a GTS for example. I haven't heard much about the crank hub problems on the stock cars like GTS or CS and don't really feel that i need all that torque. I also prefer a more linear power delivery to make the car a bit more driveable on track for example, increase traction and also to not abuse the drivetrain too much. What do you guys have to say about this? My car is a 6-speed 2017 car.

Thanks, Johnny
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #162
parabmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymannen View Post
Hi everyone, Johnny from Sweden here. I had the BM3 stage2 in my previous M4 comp pack and it was great, until i almost died in that car in a wild boar accident. But i have bought a new M4 comp pack now and still have the license. My thought is to flash the stage2 again but i'm thinking about reducing torque because of the crank hub issues some guys have experienced and i was thinking of reduce it about 15% so i get in the same torque levels as a GTS for example. I haven't heard much about the crank hub problems on the stock cars like GTS or CS and don't really feel that i need all that torque. I also prefer a more linear power delivery to make the car a bit more driveable on track for example, increase traction and also to not abuse the drivetrain too much. What do you guys have to say about this? My car is a 6-speed 2017 car.

Thanks, Johnny
Still waiting for bm3 to confirm their flash works with the March software update.
They've been working on it for a couple months it seems.

A couple other vendors apparently have solved it.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #163
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320 Si, M4 comp. M3 E46

I can use the software i had on my ex M4 and just reduce boost by gear so that shouldn't be any problems.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #164
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Just asking... and if it's a dumb question; feel free to shoot.

Would it be possible to create a tune that mimics CS in Sport Mode but Stage 1 in Sport Plus mode?

Any ideas as to how it could be done with the BM3 editor starting from stock tune?

[Just got the BM3 yesterday; so still playing around....]

Last edited by gspannu; 05-20-2019 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #165
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
Still waiting for bm3 to confirm their flash works with the March software update.
They've been working on it for a couple months it seems.

A couple other vendors apparently have solved it.
Best to keep those questions in the other BM3 thread this is a Dyno result thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4 FUN View Post

Thanks, Johnny
A Custom Tune will more than likely suit your need, although you can see the BM3 CS+ calibration map has a very smooth linear powerband and so does Stage1. What you can do is do 10-20% torque reduction in first and second gear as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4 FUN View Post
I can use the software i had on my ex M4 and just reduce boost by gear so that shouldn't be any problems.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post

Would it be possible to create a tune that mimics CS in Sport Mode but Stage 1 in Sport Plus mode?

Any ideas as to how it could be done with the BM3 editor starting from stock tune?

Custom Tune sounds to me

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1
gspannu199.50
      06-27-2019, 04:52 PM   #166
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M-DCT

For those who prefer CS performance calibration over GTS, CS+ is awesome because you get to keep the CS feel while getting extra engine output similar to GTS figures. I prefer the GTS performance calibration over CS+ so it doesn't really affect me personally, but if there could be a GTS+ map in the near future that'd be fantastic. Stg 1 91OCT has the output I'd like though without the feel of GTS. I definitely want that extra boost in 3rd and 4th gears but it's not worth giving up GTS feel. CS drivers are having their cake and eating it too (kinda), so how about us GTS drivers?
      06-27-2019, 06:20 PM   #167
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato2084 View Post
For those who prefer CS performance calibration over GTS, CS+ is awesome because you get to keep the CS feel while getting extra engine output similar to GTS figures. I prefer the GTS performance calibration over CS+ so it doesn't really affect me personally, but if there could be a GTS+ map in the near future that'd be fantastic. Stg 1 91OCT has the output I'd like though without the feel of GTS. I definitely want that extra boost in 3rd and 4th gears but it's not worth giving up GTS feel. CS drivers are having their cake and eating it too (kinda), so how about us GTS drivers?
CS+ is the best FREE map hands down & strongest
GTS is ok but has no water injection

I haven't driven the GTS because CS and CS+ were good enough but I drive CS+ for long trips or STG1 93

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 09:41 PM   #168
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
CS+ is the best FREE map hands down & strongest
GTS is ok but has no water injection

I haven't driven the GTS because CS and CS+ were good enough but I drive CS+ for long trips or STG1 93
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed spending time driving around with CS/CS+ mapped, but for my overall preference GTS mapping is too good to surrender for CS even if CS+ does slightly out perform GTS (without a water injection). I can see why CS drivers refuse to surrender CS performance calibration for GTS because CS offers driving aspects that GTS doesn't. But GTS also offers what CS doesn't. The test for me was driving a decent amount of time in CS/CS+ and GTS calibrations. Driving with CS mapped was great, CS+ obviously more powerful but I found myself missing GTS.
gspannu199.50
      06-28-2019, 01:38 AM   #169
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed spending time driving around with CS/CS+ mapped, but for my overall preference GTS mapping is too good to surrender for CS even if CS+ does slightly out perform GTS (without a water injection). I can see why CS drivers refuse to surrender CS performance calibration for GTS because CS offers driving aspects that GTS doesn't. But GTS also offers what CS doesn't. The test for me was driving a decent amount of time in CS/CS+ and GTS calibrations. Driving with CS mapped was great, CS+ obviously more powerful but I found myself missing GTS.
Great experiment, thats the beauty of this BM3 platform we all get to enjoy something differently instead of everyone having being stuck to the same

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #170
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Custom Tune sounds to me
Any tuner you recommend, who would create such a tune?
      06-28-2019, 08:40 AM   #171
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Would you mind sharing some of the actual driving feel differences (rather than just technical HP, Boost numbers) you found between Stock, CS, GTS?
What driving aspects of each (CS, GTS) did you feel/ miss in the other?

Thanks... Love the BM3 platform.
      06-28-2019, 12:57 PM   #172
parabmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

With the cs map I see up to 485 hp and 440 tq on my dials.
Seems close to what I was seeing before flash.
Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 08:40 PM   #173
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Would you mind sharing some of the actual driving feel differences (rather than just technical HP, Boost numbers) you found between Stock, CS, GTS?
What driving aspects of each (CS, GTS) did you feel/ miss in the other?

Thanks... Love the BM3 platform.
This is with a 2018 F80 non-zcp with DCT.

Stock is very good with stability and traction. Efficient throttle is quiet and without much aggressive response. Sport is loud but not as aggressive and deep sounding as Sport +. There are farting sounds in between shifts. No over run. Comfort steering is very light and I personally don't like it at all. Sport steering is excellent, not too heavy but not light. Sport + is pretty heavy and most enjoyable for me around moderate and long corners. Comfort suspension is a little bouncy for me. Sport suspension is smooth and engaging and my favorite in Stock. Sport + suspension is somewhat stiff without feeling as engaging as it should. Drivelogic (DL) 1 shifts smoothly but feels a little off. DL2 produces loud farts and is most engaging when accelerating. DL3 feels off too. What I miss about Stock is Sport + steering. It's unique unto any other steering option. I'd compare it to being in between CS Sport and GTS Sport steering calibrations.

CS/CS+ is best in stability and has great traction. Efficient throttle is a little louder than Stock but performs similarly in being too quiet (for my preference) and not too aggressive. Sport shines brightly in CS. It sounds great and has a well balanced attack when accelerating. It's fast and under control. Loud Bavarian farts when shifting. Sport + isn't too different from Sport though. It's a bit louder, more throttle response, and has the loudest farts but the difference isn't enough to say Sport and Sport + are two vastly different experiences in CS/CS+. Comfort steering is still light but a bit heavier than Stock. Sport steering is amazing. Simply put, it's something to marvel at when driving in CS. Around corners in Sport steering is near perfect. The car is so damn confident and at ease with the steering functionality, it has a video game like feel to it. Sport + steering is similar to Sport but a little heavier. Great, but no Sport. Comfort suspension is very smooth and turns the car into a true luxury vehicle. Sport suspension is very good in CS/CS+. It keeps you into the feel without it being too overwhelming. Sport + suspension is basically a stiffer version of Sport, still enjoyable but also no Sport. DL1 is enjoyable because it's got some aggression to it and when shifting you can get a smooth shifting sound. DL2 produces a loud fart when shifting and has adaptive aggression to it. So you can be driving moderately and still get some imposing sound out of it. DL3 is very aggressive but not out of sync like I feel DL3 in Stock is somewhat. DL3 wants to go and go though so getting big sound out of DL3 while driving not too fast isn't ideal. What I miss most about CS/CS+ is Sport steering and Sport suspension. One could argue with how good Sport steering and Sport suspension perform, CS is a must-have. If stability is your thing then CS is also a must-have.

GTS is best in traction and great in stability. Efficient throttle is actually loud and performs in a very adaptable way. Slow driving, quick acceleration, or high speed accelerations all go well in Efficient. It makes it stand out from Sport and Sport +. Sport throttle is similar to Efficient in being adaptable but you can really tell that the car wants to move while in Sport. The sound is the absolute best in my opinion when in Sport. Sport + is very deep sounding and is angry. Sport + and Sport are noticeably different in both sound and acceleration. In all 3 modes, shifts are smooth without any farts. It sounds more Italian than German in that sense. Comfort steering is perfect in terms of overall agility, Sport steering is perfect in terms of precision, and Sport + steering is perfect in terms of experience. All three feel like driving 3 different cars. It's wild. Comfort is a slightly light while also feeling heavy at times depending on the driving situations. It adapts with intelligent instincts. Great to drive in any scenario but the absolute best to drive around tight corners. Sport steering has a distinct heaviness to it in straight line driving and then it adapts to corners. Sport steering does its best work on long drawn out corners. If you like heavy steering though, Sport + is awesome. There's something about Sport + steering in GTS that makes me feel like I'm driving a 250 thousand dollar car. It's not ideal around hard turns though because of how heavy it is. Comfort suspension is comfortable, but kinda boring. It's not as luxurious as CS but still rolls nicely. Sport suspension is best for aggressive driving with lots of turns. It's pretty similar to CS Sport suspension. Sport + suspension is my favorite for driving feel. Like Sport + steering it just makes the entire driving experience most solid. DL1 is the best in GTS. Ultra smooth shifting and sounds beautiful. DL2 is aggressive in Sport + throttle but in Efficient or Sport throttle DL2 has a good balance to its aggression. DL2 produces a louder and deeper sound than DL1 in between shifts. DL3 is clearly for competitive purposes. I don't really use it too often, even in Efficient throttle, because of how aggressive it is. DL3 does produce the loudest sound but it comes at the price of driving like a psycho. Putting the car in DL3 along with Sport + throttle and DSC off is pretty wild though. My settings in M1 and M2 are: DSC, Sport throttle, Comfort steering, Sport+ suspension, DL1. And MDM, Sport + throttle, Sport + steering, Sport suspension, DL2. Both M1 and M2 drive settings feel like two different cars. I also have overrun settings in Sport and Sport+ different in aggression and duration so there's a major difference in sound there too. The fact that GTS offers so many different aspects of a driving experience makes it easily my preference to map though. I definitely wanted to give CS/CS+ its proper chance to win me over, which it did, but GTS is the real knockout.
FSociety3812.50
      06-30-2019, 04:38 AM   #174
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Stock is very good with stability and traction. Efficient throttle is quiet and without much aggressive response. Sport is loud but not as aggressive and deep sounding as Sport +. There are farting sounds in between shifts. No over run. Comfort steering is very light and I personally don't like it at all. Sport steering is excellent, not too heavy but not light. Sport + is pretty heavy and most enjoyable for me around moderate and long corners. Comfort suspension is a little bouncy for me. Sport suspension is smooth and engaging and my favorite in Stock. Sport + suspension is somewhat stiff without feeling as engaging as it should. Drivelogic (DL) 1 shifts smoothly but feels a little off. DL2 produces loud farts and is most engaging when accelerating. DL3 feels off too. What I miss about Stock is Sport + steering. It's unique unto any other steering option. I'd compare it to being in between CS Sport and GTS Sport steering calibrations.

CS/CS+ is best in stability and has great traction. Efficient throttle is a little louder than Stock but performs similarly in being too quiet (for my preference) and not too aggressive. Sport shines brightly in CS. It sounds great and has a well balanced attack when accelerating. It's fast and under control. Loud Bavarian farts when shifting. Sport + isn't too different from Sport though. It's a bit louder, more throttle response, and has the loudest farts but the difference isn't enough to say Sport and Sport + are two vastly different experiences in CS/CS+. Comfort steering is still light but a bit heavier than Stock. Sport steering is amazing. Simply put, it's something to marvel at when driving in CS. Around corners in Sport steering is near perfect. The car is so damn confident and at ease with the steering functionality, it has a video game like feel to it. Sport + steering is similar to Sport but a little heavier. Great, but no Sport. Comfort suspension is very smooth and turns the car into a true luxury vehicle. Sport suspension is very good in CS/CS+. It keeps you into the feel without it being too overwhelming. Sport + suspension is basically a stiffer version of Sport, still enjoyable but also no Sport. DL1 is enjoyable because it's got some aggression to it and when shifting you can get a smooth shifting sound. DL2 produces a loud fart when shifting and has adaptive aggression to it. So you can be driving moderately and still get some imposing sound out of it. DL3 is very aggressive but not out of sync like I feel DL3 in Stock is somewhat. DL3 wants to go and go though so getting big sound out of DL3 while driving not too fast isn't ideal. What I miss most about CS/CS+ is Sport steering and Sport suspension. One could argue with how good Sport steering and Sport suspension perform, CS is a must-have. If stability is your thing then CS is also a must-have.

GTS is best in traction and great in stability. Efficient throttle is actually loud and performs in a very adaptable way. Slow driving, quick acceleration, or high speed accelerations all go well in Efficient. It makes it stand out from Sport and Sport +. Sport throttle is similar to Efficient in being adaptable but you can really tell that the car wants to move while in Sport. The sound is the absolute best in my opinion when in Sport. Sport + is very deep sounding and is angry. Sport + and Sport are noticeably different in both sound and acceleration. In all 3 modes, shifts are smooth without any farts. It sounds more Italian than German in that sense. Comfort steering is perfect in terms of overall agility, Sport steering is perfect in terms of precision, and Sport + steering is perfect in terms of experience. All three feel like driving 3 different cars. It's wild. Comfort is a slightly light while also feeling heavy at times depending on the driving situations. It adapts with intelligent instincts. Great to drive in any scenario but the absolute best to drive around tight corners. Sport steering has a distinct heaviness to it in straight line driving and then it adapts to corners. Sport steering does its best work on long drawn out corners. If you like heavy steering though, Sport + is awesome. There's something about Sport + steering in GTS that makes me feel like I'm driving a 250 thousand dollar car. It's not ideal around hard turns though because of how heavy it is. Comfort suspension is comfortable, but kinda boring. It's not as luxurious as CS but still rolls nicely. Sport suspension is best for aggressive driving with lots of turns. It's pretty similar to CS Sport suspension. Sport + suspension is my favorite for driving feel. Like Sport + steering it just makes the entire driving experience most solid. DL1 is the best in GTS. Ultra smooth shifting and sounds beautiful. DL2 is aggressive in Sport + throttle but in Efficient or Sport throttle DL2 has a good balance to its aggression. DL2 produces a louder and deeper sound than DL1 in between shifts. DL3 is clearly for competitive purposes. I don't really use it too often, even in Efficient throttle, because of how aggressive it is. DL3 does produce the loudest sound but it comes at the price of driving like a psycho. Putting the car in DL3 along with Sport + throttle and DSC off is pretty wild though. My settings in M1 and M2 are: DSC, Sport throttle, Comfort steering, Sport+ suspension, DL1. And MDM, Sport + throttle, Sport + steering, Sport suspension, DL2. Both M1 and M2 drive settings feel like two different cars. I also have overrun settings in Sport and Sport+ different in aggression and duration so there's a major difference in sound there too. The fact that GTS offers so many different aspects of a driving experience makes it easily my preference to map though. I definitely wanted to give CS/CS+ its proper chance to win me over, which it did, but GTS is the real knockout.
Thank you. What a fantastic write up. 👍
      06-30-2019, 04:45 AM   #175
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Great write up, as I wrote earlier... a couple of more question.

During your comparisons...

1) What burble values did you use while doing these comparisons? OEM or OTS or custom.
2) Did you make any adjustments to the Boost by Gear Reduction? Or as default?

Thanks...
      06-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #176
dpgfunk
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:

Very confused with this write up. BM3 doesn't do anything to your steering or suspension. Coding does...
Appreciate 1
M-Pilot4859.00