proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
bmdoubledru
Private First Class
bmdoubledru's Avatar
United_States
288
Rep
170
Posts

Drives: Atlantis Blue 2018 F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SF Bay Area, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Extended Warranty Pricing

My M3 just hit the port and should be at the dealership in a couple weeks.

Anyone have a source for a good deal on a 7yr/75k Extended Warranty for my 2018 M3?

Looking for BMW factory exclusionary coverage, not aftermarket.

Thanks!
__________________
Follow me on IG @bmdoubledru
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 04:08 AM   #2
zamboni
I want to drive a Zamboni
zamboni's Avatar
United_States
593
Rep
4,812
Posts

Drives: 13 E93 M3 18 F80 M3 16 K71
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monte Sereno, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
16 K71 F800GT  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
Get ready to shell out over $8K for BMW Platinum plan for the extended warranty. For me I went with third party $50 deductible and save $3K for the same coverage.
__________________
18 F80 Imola Red 6MT
16 K71 F800GT Montego Blue
13 E93 M3 Melbourne Red
2000 E46,2006 E90,09 E82,13 E93 328i,14 F30 335i,18 F80 M3
My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #3
doug_999
Brigadier General
doug_999's Avatar
1672
Rep
3,312
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Add it when and if you get to the 3.5 year mark. I know everyone is "going to keep this thing forever", but a lot can happen in 3.5 years.
__________________
2018 M3, Mineral White, 6 speed, ZCP, loaded sans CCB
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 06:58 AM   #4
gatorfast
Major General
gatorfast's Avatar
United_States
3392
Rep
6,364
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Add it when and if you get to the 3.5 year mark. I know everyone is "going to keep this thing forever", but a lot can happen in 3.5 years.
This for sure. You are covered for 4 years so no need to worry for a while.

But if you eventually end up getting one I always recommend the powertrain + coverage as its the least expensive but covers all of the important components (i.e. engine and drive train).
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
raywai2
Private
16
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
Get ready to shell out over $8K for BMW Platinum plan for the extended warranty. For me I went with third party $50 deductible and save $3K for the same coverage.
Which aftermarket warranty you went with? Heard so many bad reviews about denying claims or requiring a full tear-down before paying for the repair. Also I've heard a lot of the third party warranty companies are just brokers for the same warranty administrator?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
zamboni
I want to drive a Zamboni
zamboni's Avatar
United_States
593
Rep
4,812
Posts

Drives: 13 E93 M3 18 F80 M3 16 K71
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monte Sereno, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
16 K71 F800GT  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywai2 View Post
Which aftermarket warranty you went with? Heard so many bad reviews about denying claims or requiring a full tear-down before paying for the repair. Also I've heard a lot of the third party warranty companies are just brokers for the same warranty administrator?
I got this package from my dealer when I purchased the car and the cost is reasonable and deductible is $50 per service.

Fidelity Warranty Services
__________________
18 F80 Imola Red 6MT
16 K71 F800GT Montego Blue
13 E93 M3 Melbourne Red
2000 E46,2006 E90,09 E82,13 E93 328i,14 F30 335i,18 F80 M3
My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #7
SD ///M4
///Multiple
SD ///M4's Avatar
United_States
2413
Rep
3,805
Posts

Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I also recommend waiting until a few months before the factory warranty runs out. There's no reason to buy it now because the price will be the same and it's just money out of your pocket now rather than later.

We bought the BMW Extended Warranty for my wife's 2011 335is Coupe in January 2015, about four months before the original expired. It was money well spent because in addition to a new water pump, a new rear main seal, six new injectors and spark plugs, and two coil packs, they actually replaced the entire engine at 72,000 miles for a spun bearing! This was in addition to a new turbo and charge pipe while still under the original warranty, as well as a few other smaller things.

I did Euro Delivery on my 2016 M4 in May that year. We're buying the extended warranty in January 2020!
__________________
The Coupe: 2016 M4 | Sakhir Orange | Black Full Merino Leather | CF Trim | M-DCT | More | ED 5/13/16
The Sedan: 2018 M3 | San Marino Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | CF Trim | M-DCT | ZCP | ED 7/18/18
The Roadster: 2006 Z4 | Interlagos Blue | Black Extended Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Purchased 7/19/12

Appreciate 1
      05-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #8
Nikolas
Colonel
300
Rep
2,566
Posts

Drives: 996 TT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I also recommend waiting until a few months before the factory warranty runs out. There's no reason to buy it now because the price will be the same and it's just money out of your pocket now rather than later.

We bought the BMW Extended Warranty for my wife's 2011 335is Coupe in January 2015, about four months before the original expired. It was money well spent because in addition to a new water pump, a new rear main seal, six new injectors and spark plugs, and two coil packs, they actually replaced the entire engine at 72,000 miles for a spun bearing! This was in addition to a new turbo and charge pipe while still under the original warranty, as well as a few other smaller things.

I did Euro Delivery on my 2016 M4 in May that year. We're buying the extended warranty in January 2020!
The only thing I've found is that you can negotiate the price of the warranty much easier when you do it at new car purchase. I did this with my 911 back in 2010 and my Mazda Mx5 in 2016. I saved $1250 on the 911 warranty and $2,100 on the Mazda. I recently bought an extended warranty on my Cayenne at the end of the warranty period and negotiations went nowhere.....it was take it or leave it.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #9
ciaranob
Major
ciaranob's Avatar
United_States
713
Rep
1,474
Posts

Drives: M4 Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Bit confused with this - the 8K+ premium plus offered by BMW here in Houston is apparently with Fidelity with a $250 deductible - so how do you get the same coverage for 5K and $50 deductible with the same company? Surely you went with a non-exclusionary version? Very interested as I have very little interest in shelling out 8K!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
I got this package from my dealer when I purchased the car and the cost is reasonable and deductible is $50 per service.

Fidelity Warranty Services
__________________
Individual M4 Convertible ED Sept 2014
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 01:19 AM   #10
zamboni
I want to drive a Zamboni
zamboni's Avatar
United_States
593
Rep
4,812
Posts

Drives: 13 E93 M3 18 F80 M3 16 K71
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monte Sereno, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
16 K71 F800GT  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Bit confused with this - the 8K+ premium plus offered by BMW here in Houston is apparently with Fidelity with a $250 deductible - so how do you get the same coverage for 5K and $50 deductible with the same company? Surely you went with a non-exclusionary version? Very interested as I have very little interest in shelling out 8K!!
Don't settle with the BMW offered they wanted over $8K for the platinum program and when my dealer offered this alternative coverage with $50 deductible I jumped on this offered.
__________________
18 F80 Imola Red 6MT
16 K71 F800GT Montego Blue
13 E93 M3 Melbourne Red
2000 E46,2006 E90,09 E82,13 E93 328i,14 F30 335i,18 F80 M3
My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 01:05 AM   #11
rush
RUSH
rush's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2016 ZCP m4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 e92 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I also recommend waiting until a few months before the factory warranty runs out. There's no reason to buy it now because the price will be the same and it's just money out of your pocket now rather than later.

We bought the BMW Extended Warranty for my wife's 2011 335is Coupe in January 2015, about four months before the original expired. It was money well spent because in addition to a new water pump, a new rear main seal, six new injectors and spark plugs, and two coil packs, they actually replaced the entire engine at 72,000 miles for a spun bearing! This was in addition to a new turbo and charge pipe while still under the original warranty, as well as a few other smaller things.

I did Euro Delivery on my 2016 M4 in May that year. We're buying the extended warranty in January 2020!
Please let me know where will you buy it from
And how much they are quoting you for a what product
Same here with euro delivery 16 m4 zcp july
__________________
Motorsports BMWorld
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 06:41 PM   #12
sky-m4
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: 2017 M4
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: N. California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush View Post
Please let me know where will you buy it from
And how much they are quoting you for a what product
Same here with euro delivery 16 m4 zcp july
I am looking forward to getting this as well
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 07:35 PM   #13
T4RUSAF
New Member
T4RUSAF's Avatar
6
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

I recently bought a a new-to-new 17 M3 w/ comp from a Chevrolet dealership. Oddly enough, they offered a GM warranty and said I can take it to any Chevy or BMW dealership (they said go straight to BMW). Not a 3rd party warranty but the GMPP; exclusionary list instead of the inclusive list.

Anyways, paid 3900 and I'm covered until 2025 or 80k miles, whichever comes first (sitting at 18k).

Went over the pros and cons and decided it was worth the premium especially at a cheaper rate than what you typically see. Didn't believer it at first and called GMPP omg he phone to verify it was legit, haha.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #14
sky-m4
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: 2017 M4
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: N. California

iTrader: (0)

So is the 72 months extended warranty from BMW typically a 3rd party? Does anyone know how it works? For example do you have to bring it to a 3rd party shop?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST