Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-26-2024, 05:40 PM   #1
jspiroNJ
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 M3

EasyBimmer - CarPlay Issue 2018 M3

I have a 2018 BMW M3. I recently had to replace a front headlamp. After the install BMW had to remap the unit to the CPU, which meant they had to reboot the entire iDrive system. I was running Easy Bimmer code for my carplay, when the system re-mapped, I lost some functionality in the head unit, Navigation, and the bluetooth controls on the steering wheel will no longer cycle through songs. The technician at BMW is telling me its because I was using a 3rd party to run carplay.

Has anyone had this issue before?

I have been running the code for over a year with zero issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 07:53 PM   #2
YoItsMannyBruh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80

Same thing happened to me with the headlight, light got coded to car, full screen CarPlay stopped working, had to recode the CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 10:57 PM   #3
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

You are actually pretty lucky. Plenty of threads where the hacked CarPlay files prevented the Dealer ISTA update from completing so it was an even bigger mess.

In your case it updated and just wiped out the hacked files.

Just get them to redo it again.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 12:35 PM   #4
jspiroNJ
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 M3

I actually connected with the easybimmer guy, he assured me if I downloaded his software I would get everything back, and he was right. As soon as the car mapped his code, everything was restored including BMW navigation. Crazy the dealership was going to charge me $350 for it and couldnt even guarantee it would work. Couldnt recommend easybimmer more, great product, and solid customer service.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 05:02 PM   #5
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

General rule of thumb is that any feature coding that is performed to the vehicle will be wiped clean by a dealer update.DME and transmission coding should not be affected. You will need to recode features of FEM modules afterwards.