proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-19-2022, 04:48 PM   #1
M3JetPilot
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Installed OEM CF splitters and learned a lot. In no particular order:

1. OEM is definitely superior, both in terms of look and fit. Non-OEM is all over the place in terms of quality, look and fit.

2. If using non-OEM be strategic. Splitters or mirror caps are best being OEM. This is due to the complexity of the shape. A spoiler or other piece with a simpler point of attachment has less need to be OEM, if you can find good quality and the correct weave/look.

3. Be careful with instructional videos. Some guided to unnecessary steps or left out details all together. I would recommend at least 4-5 videos on the same install before giving it a try.

4. Triple test your fit before the final install. It was amazing the number of details I noticed each time I tested the fit. It saved me a ton of time not having to do a reinstall.

5. Used OEM can be at an awesome price, especially if it's from the forum from a member with a good history. Watch out for the scam and ask questions or for extra pics. If it doesn't feel right don't do the deal.

6. If the install doesn't fit or look right then don't force the install. Get help or ask yourself what error you're making.

Those are my thoughts. Add yours if you have lessons I didn't include.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 06:25 PM   #2
sugammadex
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 F80 M3 ZCP (Grigio

Did you go with OEM splitters? If not, which brand?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 06:35 PM   #3
M3JetPilot
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugammadex View Post
Did you go with OEM splitters? If not, which brand?
OEM. I heard too many horror stories to try anything else for that piece. Found a forum member selling a set that was new for about half price. Made sure the person posted and had some amount of history then pulled the trigger. It worked out really well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
bmwbrad22249.00