Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-31-2018, 05:35 PM   #23
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

They could use the foam thing the chevy dealers use for the corvette and camaro's with CCB's. Or bring them a winter pipe insulator.

Appreciate 1
r121444.00
      04-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #24
Agent - ///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Comp; Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
A dealer actually can refuse any customer they want, its just like any other business. however I am not sure why they would refuse to work on your cars certain part due to a lack of a machine. The only thing I can think of is that BMWNA has certain requirements for service on certain parts of a car for warranty issues and the dealer is just following the strict rules of NA. Its hard to really know everything without looking into that info. I am interested in this so I think ill call over to the store this morning and ask our service dir the same question and see what info I can find out.

I know we have a few of those machines in our service area not sure if we have those as a requirement per BMW standards or not.

If you have access to another dealer I would start there, if not, I would talk to your service advisor and see what they suggest, if its your only dealer around they will have to have some sort of solution you would think right?

you can also shoot Charlie@McKennaBMWService a PM he is a service advisor who would know the answer to your question for sure. I know his region deals with a ton of CCB m cars.
They cannot refuse you for work if your vehicle is stock from the factory.
      04-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #25
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent - ///M View Post
Any business can refuse anyone anytime, not sure what your trying to say here? Maybe I’m confused.

Nonetheless the dealer is following the stated guidelines from bmw. See my previous post for more info maybe that will clarify somethings regarding OP and this dealer

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #26
Agent - ///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Comp; Black Sapphire

Quote:
Quote:
Any business can refuse anyone anytime, not sure what your trying to say here? Maybe I'm confused.

Nonetheless the dealer is following the stated guidelines from bmw. See my previous post for more info maybe that will clarify somethings regarding OP and this dealer
I'm trying to say that u less it has to do with a special tool that they simply don't have, they can't just simply refuse to work on your car.

I've been in the dealership world from service advisor to sales manager to F&I to GsM....

so I'm not sure what you're try to say!

Maybe I'm the one confused....
      04-01-2018, 01:06 PM   #27
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
I'm trying to say that u less it has to do with a special tool that they simply don't have, they can't just simply refuse to work on your car.

I've been in the dealership world from service advisor to sales manager to F&I to GsM....

so I'm not sure what you're try to say!

Maybe I'm the one confused....
All I can tell you is the BMWNA prescribed directions for OPs specific situations states to use the specific tool(had our service director look it up last week for OP bc I was interested). Not all dealership have that tool obv so the dealers that don't have that tool are doing other then the stated recommended process. If a dealer doesn't have that tool and does not want to risk going against the BMW recommended procedures then they have the right to tell the customer they are unable to assist them with that specific situation(yes can be a grey area). Now this is very rare? obviously however def not something that most likely has never happened before. That specific dealer prob doesn't want to risk having anything happen nor do they want to invest in the tool so they are telling the customer they are unable to assist him at this time which is their right. Maybe they change this position down the road or maybe they were burned before with a situation so they are just protecting themselves who knows.

You are entitled to your opinion, I respect that 100%. This is a public forum. I can only post based off a owners perspective (Confirmed with Sr Thomas) and not of a employee TBH(just a golfer ). We can agree to disagree, all love my friend

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
r121444.00
      04-01-2018, 02:42 PM   #28
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

I'm sure that the dealership abides by every one of BMWs procedures, exactly, to the T. Right....

They don't want to work on the car, for whatever reason. Perhaps they had a previous incident with carbon brakes. That still doesn't excuse turning away a customer.
Appreciate 1
r121444.00
      04-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #29
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Quote:
you can also shoot Charlie@McKennaBMWService a PM he is a service advisor who would know the answer to your question for sure. I know his region deals with a ton of CCB m cars.
Yeah this response is to the OP, that sounds a little ridiculous to me... Maybe you're right and your area isn't exposed to a lot of vehicle with CCB's... But fortunately majority of my clientele has CCB's on their vehicles, whether it's OEM or aftermarket. Removing the wheels and servicing of the brakes is not massively different, which is why it's so odd that your servicing dealer isn't willing to work on your vehicle. Perhaps it's influenced by fear and lack of experience, that of which I can understand but I'm sure a shop Team Leader or Shop Foreman is more than capable of working on your vehicle.