proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

03-04-2021, 03:07 PM   #45
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
That's my point. Who has gotten their engine repaired or replaced via one of these warranties? I've read plenty of threads about folks being given the run around by Dinan for a major warranty claim. It turns into a finger pointing exercise for who is to blame: BMW, Dinan or negligence on the part of the customer.

And I'm well aware of the players offering powertrain and/or drivetrain warranties with their tune. Eurocharged is another one (or was in the past).
New or old Dinan? I'll have to search for that regardless. Honestly, given those two choices, I'd probably only consider Carbahn, but again, I have no information to support that other than that's where Steve currently is.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 03:25 PM   #46
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdachosen1xx View Post
I was leaning towards a BM3Jordan tune and after riding in a Jordan tuned car and a Noel tuned car it was a significant difference for me. Also having a warranty gave me a little more peace of mind. Not to mention Karl Noelle being an ex engine builder for Alpina.

How do you know for fact that Jordan tune is the most reliable? Have you tested and tuned every tune there is out there for the F80? Also hubs have spun on stock cars. It's more likely to spin on cars that are tuned with higher amounts of torque but it has happened with stock cars.

I think that's why people are asking to see performance data from Noelle ...to have something less subjective than seat time to compare against.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 03:30 PM   #47
Slynkyone
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

The head of engineering at Noelle is Ronald Trochelmann. The guy and his brother were busted for selling fake moon rocks...

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/13/n...moon-rock.html

I think this tune is another moon rock.
Appreciate 4
TideMD291.50
HyeM3464.50
swagon13503.50
      03-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #48
xxdachosen1xx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Quote:
I was leaning towards a BM3Jordan tune and after riding in a Jordan tuned car and a Noel tuned car it was a significant difference for me. Also having a warranty gave me a little more peace of mind. Not to mention Karl Noelle being an ex engine builder for Alpina.

How do you know for fact that Jordan tune is the most reliable? Have you tested and tuned every tune there is out there for the F80? Also hubs have spun on stock cars. It's more likely to spin on cars that are tuned with higher amounts of torque but it has happened with stock cars.

I think that's why people are asking to see performance data from Noelle ...to have something less subjective than seat time to compare against.
Yep I get it, but they should be asking Noelle not me if they are that curious lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:08 PM   #49
xxdachosen1xx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
More reputable names like Carbahn and Dinan offer it as well, though I personally don't know anyone who's successfully had it covered by them.
That's my point. Who has gotten their engine repaired or replaced via one of these warranties? I've read plenty of threads about folks being given the run around by Dinan for a major warranty claim. It turns into a finger pointing exercise for who is to blame: BMW, Dinan or negligence on the part of the customer.

And I'm well aware of the players offering powertrain and/or drivetrain warranties with their tune. Eurocharged is another one (or was in the past).
I think that may be why BMW severed ties with them did to finger pointing between both companies. All the tuners say that Dinan is not the same since Steve left. Regardless, with my car having only 9k miles I'd still rather go with a company that offers some guarantee as opposed to no warranty at all. Even though I may have to put up a fight worse case scenario, it's still better to have the ability to fight then no fight at all.
Appreciate 1
RElias21562.50
      03-04-2021, 06:25 PM   #50
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
I think that may be why BMW severed ties with them did to finger pointing between both companies. All the tubers say that Dinan is not the same since Steve left. Regardless, with my car having only 9k miles I'd still rather go with a company that offers some guarantee as opposed to no warranty at all. Even though I may have to put up a fight worse case scenario, it's still better to have the ability to fight then no fight at all.
Knowing that the weak point is the crank hub. Save the 2k upcharge of the companies offering “ warranty” and throw that into getting the crank hub done.
I’m assuming w Noelle tune that it’s 2500$ for the tune plus the CBC ?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:27 PM   #51
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

"This warranty does not include reimbursement for repairs to any original vehicle manufacturer's component(s) that may have been affected by a Noelle component"

"In the event of a warranty claim, Noelle will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective NOELLE COMPONENT upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice."

"Noelle limited warranty specifically excludes any vehicle operated in any competitive event"

https://www.noelleperformance.com/wp...ent-122019.pdf

So in other words you're paying for a warranty that won't cover any actual broken BMW components, only covers Noelle Components (so nothing?), can't dyno the car to show how much power it makes, and can't even go to a drag strip or half mile event to get data to show how fast it is? That warranty's about as useful as this country's politicians
Appreciate 8
irunalot1518.00
BGxNYC53.00
CYANiDE167.00
TideMD291.50
Mazen189116.00
F80_Greg135.50
      03-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #52
xxdachosen1xx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart Parking Lot View Post
Hmm smells like self promotion or you're getting paid to promote. If it's not, I'd be careful. https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1678497
No self promotion, trust me I wish I was paid. It was expensive it wasn't cheap. Especially after parts and labor for the bolt capture, oil change, and tune. I appreciate you giving me caution. I did also see this thread before getting the tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:47 PM   #53
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

Quote:
No self promotion, trust me I wish I was paid. It was expensive it wasn't cheap. Especially after parts and labor for the bolt capture, oil change, and tune. I appreciate you giving me caution. I did also see this thread before getting the tune.
You paid top dollar for a tune and if you feel good about it then that's great. The way you are defending them makes it feel like you are promoting them. The reality is that this tune is nothing special and it's just preference on which route you want to go.

Last edited by EricP3; 03-04-2021 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 4
      03-04-2021, 10:20 PM   #54
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

I don't think OP is defending them. OP did his own due diligence and buttdyno and found this tune better than others. It works for him. In all his responses he has been honest about the questions he asked and responses he got with the disclaimer that he's not an expert.

Good for you OP! Enjoy that beast!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 10:40 PM   #55
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
I don't think OP is defending them. OP did his own due diligence and buttdyno and found this tune better than others. It works for him. In all his responses he has been honest about the questions he asked and responses he got with the disclaimer that he's not an expert.

Good for you OP! Enjoy that beast!
He's coming out here claiming that his tune is better than F80paul and Jordantuned. Also, when is buttdyno ever accurate? The most accurate way to see how fast a car is by an actual dyno, 1/4 mile, 60-130MPH.

Sorry but it sounds like the OP got scammed.
      03-05-2021, 06:18 AM   #56
xxdachosen1xx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
"This warranty does not include reimbursement for repairs to any original vehicle manufacturer's component(s) that may have been affected by a Noelle component"

"In the event of a warranty claim, Noelle will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective NOELLE COMPONENT upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice."

"Noelle limited warranty specifically excludes any vehicle operated in any competitive event"

https://www.noelleperformance.com/wp...ent-122019.pdf

So in other words you're paying for a warranty that won't cover any actual broken BMW components, only covers Noelle Components (so nothing?), can't dyno the car to show how much power it makes, and can't even go to a drag strip or half mile event to get data to show how fast it is? That warranty's about as useful as this country's politicians
Correction you can go to the drag strip and or track the car, I did ask Ron this question.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 06:21 AM   #57
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Correction you can go to the drag strip and or track the car, I did ask Ron this question.
So why are there no data from doing so with comparisons?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 06:25 AM   #58
xxdachosen1xx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP3 View Post
Quote:
You paid top dollar for a tune and if you feel good about it then that's great. The way you are defending them makes it feel like you are promoting them. The reality is that this tune is nothing special and it's just preference on which route you want to go.
Thanks, I'm not defending just sharing my experience about what I've enjoyed so far which is what you do on a forum with any kind of interest group. What I'm very surprised by is how people are questioning me like I created created the tune and I'm some respects almost being condescending or negative about what I did with my own money which is little ridiculous if you ask me. Like I said before and I'll say again, for those that are super curious or skeptical ask a tuner that installs the software or ask Ron at Noelle directly. I'm not an engineer or nor am I a tuner.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 07:25 AM   #59
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I'm not defending just sharing my experience about what I've enjoyed so far which is what you do on a forum with any kind of interest group. What I'm very surprised by is how people are questioning me like I created created the tune and I'm some respects almost being condescending or negative about what I did with my own money which is little ridiculous if you ask me. Like I said before and I'll say again, for those that are super curious or skeptical ask a tuner that installs the software or ask Ron at Noelle directly. I'm not an engineer or nor am I a tuner.
I think most consumers like to be assured that they're getting a quality product in whatever purchasing decision they make. This is especially true as you go up the spending scale...after all, it is our hard earned dollars at stake. What people can't understand is that with all the available data put out by other tuning companies, you went with one with a checkered past with no data to back up claims (see forum threads). The majority of folks wouldn't arrive at the same decision so they become suspicious and try to find out if there are other factors or motives at play....plus, WFH.

Question: What was the intent of creating this post in the first place? You had to know you were going to get this kind of blowback since I think you said you've read the previous forum threads.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2021, 08:32 AM   #60
xxdachosen1xx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think most consumers like to be assured that they're getting a quality product in whatever purchasing decision they make. This is especially true as you go up the spending scale...after all, it is our hard earned dollars at stake. What people can't understand is that with all the available data put out by other tuning companies, you went with one with a checkered past with no data to back up claims (see forum threads). The majority of folks wouldn't arrive at the same decision so they become suspicious and try to find out if there are other factors or motives at play....plus, WFH.

Question: What was the intent of creating this post in the first place? You had to know you were going to get this kind of blowback since I think you said you've read the previous forum threads.
My intent was again as I have said before was to share my experience that I had with a car that was tuned with the software. Prior to purchasing myself and I was very skeptical as I read other posts but when I rode in a car with the tune it really blew me away. I then called and spoke with ex race car driver "Karl Troy" owner of European road and racing in Charleston South Carolina that I respect immensely and trust to validate this company and tune. Knowing that he would shoot me straight and be honest I asked him a ton of questions and he had nothing but great things to say about the software and tune. Keep in mind "Karl Troy" mentioned above is not the same guy that tuned my car so he was giving me his unbiased experience. I put more trust in Karl Troy with his racing background and knowledge of tuned BMW's than people's opinions on forums. Also people here are trying to flame me for sharing my experience about my car that I pad my money for is silly if you ask me.

If you want to be assured you get a quality product you consult and expert. I'm not an expert which is why I say call the experts of you have questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:38 AM   #61
CYANiDE
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: X5 4.0i M Sport

Quote:
Looks like Ron lies about moon rocks, don't think I'd be surprised if he lies to his customers. Did you get that in writing? Asking a question and getting a verbal response won't help if the situation does arise.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:41 AM   #62
xxdachosen1xx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
Quote:
Looks like Ron lies about moon rocks, don't think I'd be surprised if he lies to his customers. Did you get that in writing? Asking a question and getting a verbal response won't help if the situation does arise.
Yeah I did see that lol, I don't really plan on taking my car to the track to be honest. With such low miles and practically new I would rather buy a small toy that I can have as a dedicated track machine that would be cheap to fix if things break.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #63
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

Since no dynos are allowed OP, maybe one day in Mexico you can do some side by side 3rd or 4th gear pulls with another Stage 1 tuned car...BM3, MHD, Alex@Alpine or the others.

Would be interesting to see.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:49 AM   #64
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
My intent was again as I have said before was to share my experience that I had with a car that was tuned with the software. Prior to purchasing myself and I was very skeptical as I read other posts but when I rode in a car with the tune it really blew me away. I then called and spoke with ex race car driver "Karl Troy" owner of European road and racing in Charleston South Carolina that I respect immensely and trust to validate this company and tune. Knowing that he would shoot me straight and be honest I asked him a ton of questions and he had nothing but great things to say about the software and tune. Keep in mind "Karl Troy" mentioned above is not the same guy that tuned my car so he was giving me his unbiased experience. I put more trust in Karl Troy with his racing background and knowledge of tuned BMW's than people's opinions on forums. Also people here are trying to flame me for sharing my experience about my car that I pad my money for is silly if you ask me.

If you want to be assured you get a quality product you consult and expert. I'm not an expert which is why I say call the experts of you have questions.
Thanks. At any point in the conversation with Karl, did you ask about performance data? I ask because, as an expert, I would be curious to know what his position is on that kind of stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:58 AM   #65
xxdachosen1xx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RElias21 View Post
Since no dynos are allowed OP, maybe one day in Mexico you can do some side by side 3rd or 4th gear pulls with another Stage 1 tuned car...BM3, MHD, Alex@Alpine or the others.

Would be interesting to see.
I would love to do some pulls with anyone in the North FL (Jacksonville are) to compare for any stage 1 car.
Appreciate 1
RElias21562.50
      03-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #66
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

I wouldn't worry about the letter... Germans over engineer and over document wherever possible. It just protects the manufacturer being liable for some idiot doing a full dyno session with crappy blowers and something trip hot at the absolute worst moment.

When I dyno'd at Kies he used a stack of huge airmovers that blew like a hurricane. I would still pod-dyno (dynapack) the Noelle tune and see what I got for my $3K.