ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-09-2016, 02:09 AM   #23
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Holy crap dude, you're like the either nicest or shyest BMW buyer ever. I would call the CA and tell him I've decided to cancel my order and please refund my deposit immediately, I've decided to go another direction. Then I'd shop around the country for the best ED deal and do ED.

Why the hell should you give a shit about your CA? He or she is probably very nice but it's not like you owe them anything and you're the customer - they should fight for your business - why are you tripping all over yourself to put money in their pocket?

Cancel immediately and PM GOLFFRR then get your ass to Europe and pick up your Bimmer in style!

life is short, you ain't got time to dick around - you gotta sack up on this!
this. you could give your CA the first chance to have your business, which is considerate enough in the car business.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2016, 07:10 AM   #24
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Agree with Gruss.

All is fair in love and buying cars.....

I'm one to uphold my responsibilities and get the whole concept of honorable deals.....but buying a car is a whole different thing.

Most will not extend the same sort of courtesy you're giving.....and more importantly, life is too short.....get the experience you truly want with your M.

Trust me, your CA won't cry and drink himself into a stupor....he will move on.

Get the ED experience, it's unlike anything else.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #25
M3Fahrer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

You don't get what you don't ask for. So it doesn't hurt to ask and see if you and your CA can come up with a mutual beneficial solution. And who knows, next time around you might not have a chance to do ED for whatever reason.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #26
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
One other thing I should mention paulso:

(1.) For the F83 I have now, it was a special order and an ED ...the original dealer I went with was great to work with until it came to the final paperwork and then they did a bait and switch and added points to the MF of my lease.

I'm sure they figured since, at the time, there were limited allocations, I went through a bunch of stuff with BMWUSA for the order, and it was an ED in a month, they could fuck with me and I'd roll over. But I didn't. I told them to fuck off.

(2.) So I found a different dealer online who was able to get an allocation in and they bumped someone else and gave me their ED spot so I didn't need to change my trip. Lost my original order, but kept my trip.

(3.) But then it got more interesting ... the new dealer offered to wrangle with the old dealer and get my order back (since the new dealer rightly figured the old dealer was screwed now too). Anyway, after a lot of bullshit, the new dealer was able to trade my old order back to them and gave the old dealer their allocation! But I did PAY the new dealer, via their invoice+ fee more than I could've generically gotten another car. But I was cool with it since it was huge hassle for them and they were able to get me the car I wanted and save my trip.

So my point is this:
If you don't want to talk with your existing dealer, just find a new one online who's good (like Jimmy @ Steve Thomas BMW or Greg Poland @ Pacific BMW) and ask them to take care of it for you since switching orders between dealers ain't no thang.

The new dealer will handle everything for you and you won't have to talk with anyone.

Last edited by GrussGott; 07-09-2016 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 11:52 AM   #27
MFore
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

What GrussGott and then some.

Do the ED this time. Dont wait then you will be hooked and do the next delivery and take advantage of all the things you learned on the first one.
I will never buy a car another way. ED is just beyond words, really.
      07-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #28
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFore
Do the ED this time. Dont wait then you will be hooked and do the next delivery and take advantage of all the things you learned on the first one.
I will never buy a car another way. ED is just beyond words, really.
This^. I agree completely. Wifey and I will never buy another car any other way.
Appreciate 0