Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

03-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack San Marino Blue

Garage List
"Full Merino leather"or"BMW Individual Full Leather trim with Contrast Stitching"

Hi folks,

What is the difference between
"Full Merino leather" at £1,330
or
"BMW Individual Full leather trim with Contrast Stitching" at £2,080
?

Are there any areas inside which will wont be covered in leather with "Full Merino leather" at £1,330 that are with "BMW Individual Full leather trim with Contrast Stitching" ?

Thanks for help
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 05:06 AM   #2
notused
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: none

I'm not 100% but I thought the amount of leather was the same, the only difference is quality/colour/stitching i.e. individuality.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDpetrol View Post
I'm not 100% but I thought the amount of leather was the same, the only difference is quality/colour/stitching i.e. individuality.
Exactly. By ticking the "Full leather with contrasting stitching", you're just paying extra to have the stitching a different colour to white.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for help guys. :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

The leather is merino which ever you choose and contrasting stitching again is a feature of either full or individual full, the extent of that depends on the colour chosen.
      03-14-2017, 04:17 PM   #6
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
The leather is merino which ever you choose and contrasting stitching again is a feature of either full or individual full, the extent of that depends on the colour chosen.
Thanks for your reply. When you say "the extent of tha depends on the colour chosen" what do you mean?

Do you mean the extent (quantity) of the contrast stitching depends on the colour chosen?

From reading a prev response to my question I understood that the quantity of leather was the same which ever option one choose. However "BMW Full Leather Trim with contrast stitching" has the stitching in a different colour than white thread

Thanks again for your help
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #7
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermack View Post
Thanks for your reply. When you say "the extent of tha depends on the colour chosen" what do you mean?

Do you mean the extent (quantity) of the contrast stitching depends on the colour chosen?

From reading a prev response to my question I understood that the quantity of leather was the same which ever option one choose. However "BMW Full Leather Trim with contrast stitching" has the stitching in a different colour than white thread

Thanks again for your help
Well if you have black leather then the white stitching is "contrasting" if you order full merino black leather you'll get that stitching on the seats/dash roll top/doorcards/handles and knee pad.

If you order sakhir full leather the contrast stitching only appears on the roll top and door cards, orange against the black leather parts but orange against orange opposed to the white (IIRC it's actually call silverstone) with the black leather.

If you order individual leather and the individual leather dash, you'll get contrasting stitching in either one or two colours depending on the colour leather you choose.

Plenty of pictures on the main US forum that show this, the configurator is also now letting you spec the revised M3/4 models which should help with the optioning.