Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-29-2019, 10:47 AM   #23
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Looks sharp, love that color...can't believe how low the miles are...I'm at 16k miles in under 11 months...and though paint was perfected and coated with ceramic, she's full of third-world California rock chips. I'd think your residual is pretty good...yea these things depreciate, but not like standard series cars.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      06-30-2019, 12:12 AM   #24
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Looks sharp, love that color...can't believe how low the miles are...I'm at 16k miles in under 11 months...and though paint was perfected and coated with ceramic, she's full of third-world California rock chips. I'd think your residual is pretty good...yea these things depreciate, but not like standard series cars.
Thanks! I live a few blocks away from my restaurant and properties. So sadly- my car sits underneath a shady spot for the majority of the day. I walk from meeting to meeting just for the sake of not losing my spot haha. I feel sorry for everyone who has to use the highway to and from work and is subjected to rock chips and debris hitting the car at those speeds.

I haven't ever tried to get a trade in quote or appraisal on my car- but given what, "Kelley Blue Book" has to say, I'll be broken hearted. Maybe when the day comes that I find a proper CPO M5 Comp my dealer (who I've had a long standing relationship with) will do right by me. But until that day- I'll be enjoying her! Thanks for the read!
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 06:40 AM   #25
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

I think I have seen you driving on Oakland Park Blvd a few times. In my black NSX and in my mineral grey M4 cp with orange interior.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #26
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP manual (previous)

Keep in mind the possibility that you haven’t had many issues because you have been the sole owner. My in-laws are in the same camp of buying used due to depreciation. When I ask them, which cars have been the most reliable, guess what the answer is? The ones they bought new.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #27
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_do_it View Post
Keep in mind the possibility that you haven’t had many issues because you have been the sole owner. My in-laws are in the same camp of buying used due to depreciation. When I ask them, which cars have been the most reliable, guess what the answer is? The ones they bought new.
I have these neighbors that buy what I would call marginal used cars, usually at Carmax, don't clean or maintain them and then are always complaining about how expensive they were and how unreliable they are.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #28
shamshir
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Name of your restaurant?
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #29
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

I think if buying used it might be good to buy private sale from someone you think took care of the car. A used car from the dealer I want to keep long term makes me nervous.

I think I'll buy new and with Euro delivery next time because you can only do that with a new car. Helps justify buying new to me.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #30
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
I think I have seen you driving on Oakland Park Blvd a few times. In my black NSX and in my mineral grey M4 cp with orange interior.
Thats me! I'm always up and down oakland whenever I need to run to the restaurant supply store or head to I-95. I usually give a thumbs up to any other M owner I see looking my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_do_it View Post
Maybe- But I'm also a huge advocate of how you maintain your car over time, So I hope anyone who gets my car after me won't have any issues. I agree though, If you don't know the previous owner, or their maintenance routine it can lead to problems down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamshir View Post
Name of your restaurant?
Greek Islands Taverna

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I think if buying used it might be good to buy private sale from someone you think took care of the car. A used car from the dealer I want to keep long term makes me nervous.

I think I'll buy new and with Euro delivery next time because you can only do that with a new car. Helps justify buying new to me.
Very true. Especially if you know the previous owner and saw how they maintained their car.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 09:09 PM   #31
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Best colour. Great car. Awesome write up.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-08-2019, 02:30 PM   #32
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Enjoyable read. Your passion for your car really comes through. And Greek Islands Taverna on Galt Ocean Drive? I’ve always wanted to go there but have so much trouble finding self-parking in that area.

Why do you ‘regret’ not doing a paint correction in the past, though? You can do it now and the car will be as good as new
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #33
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Enjoyable read. Your passion for your car really comes through. And Greek Islands Taverna on Galt Ocean Drive? I’ve always wanted to go there but have so much trouble finding self-parking in that area.

Why do you ‘regret’ not doing a paint correction in the past, though? You can do it now and the car will be as good as new
Thank you! I'm sure you could tell I took my time to properly voice everything.

Yes- That Greek Islands Taverna. We'd love to have you dine with us! There are 18 "self parking" spots available and then the north portion of the lot is controlled by a valet service I was forced to hire; my overflow cars were parking at the nearby businesses and they all teamed up one day years ago and towed 20-something of my guests. Not to worry, valet will let you park it yourself if you are willing to still pay the charge ( I ALWAYS do that myself)

I regret not doing it when the car was new because it would've held up much better to the elements and all the car washes to come. Now the quote will be significantly higher. We'll see, maybe I'll change my mind.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 07:57 PM   #34
High Octane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW M4

I've got a 2015, like you so it's pre-comp package. When you added the MPE exhaust, did it still make all the pops and cracks like a typical comp package with MPE?
Someone told me before that it didn't make a huge difference in sound if you didn't start with the comp package to begin with. I found that hard to believe, but the only MPE's I've ever heard were with comp package cars.

I've been thinking about picking one up, just wanted to get that answer from you. I'm guessing it's worth the money since you have it as your favorite mod.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #35
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Octane View Post
I've got a 2015, like you so it's pre-comp package. When you added the MPE exhaust, did it still make all the pops and cracks like a typical comp package with MPE?
Someone told me before that it didn't make a huge difference in sound if you didn't start with the comp package to begin with. I found that hard to believe, but the only MPE's I've ever heard were with comp package cars.

I've been thinking about picking one up, just wanted to get that answer from you. I'm guessing it's worth the money since you have it as your favorite mod.
I've heard some M3/M4's that have an intense "crackle and pop" sound to their exhaust sound, both MPE and other brands. From what I've been told, it is a tune that helps enhance this feature. I believe the comp package is tuned differently vs the pre-comp cars. So I assume that's the reasoning behind this.

I didn't care about having the crackle and pop myself, so seeking a software wasn't on my list. I can not say it enough- The. Best. Money. Spent. The voice of the car comes alive and it makes such a difference you'll wonder how you drove around without it. I would suggest finding one, installing it, and leaving your valves open and unplug the feature to close them ever again and you'll be constantly smiling.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 06:08 AM   #36
1888ray
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M4

Great review my friend
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2307.50
      07-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #37
bank
Private
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M3 6MT

Thanks for sharing! I plan on keeping my car for at least 4-5 years and it's nice to hear nothing but good things.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 11:12 PM   #38
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1888ray View Post
Great review my friend
Thank you! I appreciate the love

Quote:
Originally Posted by bank View Post
Thanks for sharing! I plan on keeping my car for at least 4-5 years and it's nice to hear nothing but good things.
You'll be surprised by how quick 4-5 years passes you by- I wish you nothing but good memories, lots of exhaust sound love, and most of all- SAFETY! Good luck!

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #39
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Octane View Post

To confirm: The burbles and cracks and pops are tuned in for the Competition Package and CS models.

I had the MPE on my base 2016 M3 and now on my CS. The MPE does not add burbles and pops and crackles on a non-competition. You might get a pop on WOT once and awhile, but nothing like the overrun on Competition and CS models. The MPE only makes the non-comp louder.

On the CS, the burbles are already tuned in. Adding the MPE enhances it and makes it louder and more noticeable.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0