ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-17-2020, 06:26 PM   #23
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
yeah ... no wonder. 40 cents a mile is about average for open transport, not enclosed. $1,100 for enclosed coast to coast is not going to happen.
It happened for .475 a mile, enclosed, practically coast to coast.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 07:25 PM   #24
LVI
BMW Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post
It happened for .475 a mile, enclosed, practically coast to coast.
yes, which is not $1100. Regardless, screaming deal if that includes brokerage fees and everything.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #25
ahmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11LMBiSTT View Post
Yeah, I am familiar with CD and having multiple listings for same job is not to your advantage. I ended up getting no hits on CD at $1.1k for enclosed from East to West coast and went with RunBuggy for a slight bit more, but still the lowest price for enclosed. RunBuggy was a pleasure to deal with, especially Moe. Highly recommend them, if you need a car transported make sure to shoot Moe an email for a quote, let him know Tai referred you. MoeH@RunBuggy.com
Car was picked up within 2 days from order being placed and delivered within 5 days of pick-up and delivered flawlessly as promised. I am a happy camper and the process and communication was so easy with RunBuggy.

But, great info you shared for those that don't know how the wild wild west of car transporting works.
Sounds like you got a good deal. I am going to email Moe for quote.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #26
11LMBiSTT
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A to B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmw View Post
Sounds like you got a good deal. I am going to email Moe for quote.
I absolutely did. No complaints. Great experience.

Lmk how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:19 AM   #27
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RElias21 View Post
I'm purchasing a car out of state. The car is approximately 900 miles away (about 13 hours of driving). For multiple reasons, having the car transported/shipped to me is my best option (I hope to avoid debating this in this thread).

This car has 3,000 miles on it, so it's essentially still new.

Open will run me about $600;
Enclosed will run me about $850. The enclosed transport has a lift gate for getting the car in and out, to avoid any clearance issues.

Timing on both of these options is about the same, so that's not a factor.

For those that have done this before, what are you thoughts on open versus enclosed transport based on the info I provided above?

Thanks!
This shouldn't even be a question. My car on open transport travelled 1300 miles got a ton of rock chips all over the car, even on the rims. Dealer resprayed the hood and fenders and one of the rims after I went crazy because there were massive white chips all over them but didn't cover the bumper as it was already chipped up. Really wish I just drove it over myself I'm sure 1300 miles of driving wouldn't have done what that open trailer did to my car. Smh.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 01:01 PM   #28
RedBaronG80
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
So I just purchased my M3 from ToyBarnCars, they deal in high end/exotics im talking they have some lamborgini hurricans and 720s. Hit them up and see who they use for transport as i dont know because i am currently deployed and wont be home for the arrival of my car. All i know is it was 750 enclosed transport from Dublin OH to Virginia Beach VA.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 09:29 PM   #29
symalik84
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RElias21 View Post
Thanks everyone.
I went with the enclosed service with lift gate. Car should be shipped today.
I figured, no reason to risk it. If, in the off chance, anything scratches it due to being out in the open for 800 miles, I would be super irritated over a $250 difference.

Just for forum knowledge and paying it forward, I went with Mike @ Reliable.
347-299-3974

He set me up with the enclosed service for the best price and the quickest pickup. He was a great help.

Same here, enclosed. So happy that posting feedback on two threads!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 05:41 PM   #30
EugeneFord
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey, I'm new to this forum, but I saw your post about getting your car transported and thought I'd chime in. First off, congrats on the new ride. Hope it still looks like a brand-new one. As for the shipping, I'd say go for the enclosed option if you can swing the extra cash. It's always better to be safe than sorry, especially with a sweet ride like that. Plus, the lift gate is a nice touch to avoid any clearance issues. Have you thought of reaching out to any nearby vehicle shipping service? They might be able to offer you a better deal or more options. Just my two cents. Let's keep this thread updated, guys.

Last edited by EugeneFord; 05-08-2023 at 07:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 01:16 PM   #31
pepperonipies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp

Anyone ship recently and have recommendations on an enclosed carrier East --> West? Another thread seemed to be in consensus with Reliable, Horseless, and InterCity. InterCity quoted me $3300 which is a lot more than I expected.
Appreciate 0