Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

04-04-2021, 04:41 PM   #111
DeathBear
Rep
Drives: 18 M3

Hi All,

I am a new owner of a 18 M3 ZCP with DCT and is new to this forum. Still learning.

Recently just learned about TCU flash. Is there a general consensus as which coding, CS or GTS, is better for a stock ZCP M3? Looking to get a flash for DCT, Diff, MDM, and steering.

There seems to be different point of views as to whether CS or GTS DCT is better but it's hard to tell the cars are tuned or stock.

Also, is there a difference in getting a flash from Alex or Kubax86?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 07:01 PM   #112
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBear View Post
Hi All,

I am a new owner of a 18 M3 ZCP with DCT and is new to this forum. Still learning.

Recently just learned about TCU flash. Is there a general consensus as which coding, CS or GTS, is better for a stock ZCP M3? Looking to get a flash for DCT, Diff, MDM, and steering.

There seems to be different point of views as to whether CS or GTS DCT is better but it's hard to tell the cars are tuned or stock.

Also, is there a difference in getting a flash from Alex or Kubax86?

Thanks!
Flashes are the same. There is NO difference.
From my experience (I owned F82), GTS flash is better than CS flash that's why I recommend it. We can do of course CS flash if you prefer it.

In case of any questions feel free to contact me.
      04-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #113
Nitrile
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

people without zcp , do you still flash cs or gts suspension?

thinking of going back to stock , rear feels do floaty
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 03:43 AM   #114
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrile View Post
people without zcp , do you still flash cs or gts suspension?

thinking of going back to stock , rear feels do floaty
Suspension is only possible from CS.
GTS doesn't have adaptive suspension.
      04-22-2021, 06:43 AM   #115
CJStevens
Rep
Drives: E92

Is there an off the shelf program like Thor or Bootmod3 that will allow me to code CS EDC myself? I have a 18' F80 ZCP. From what I read from most people, the comfort setting is a little more forgiving with the CS EDC settings and the Sport and Sport+ are still just as firm at the standard ZCP, if not stiffer. That seems like a win win to me because I live in the North East and the roads are god awful. A softer comfort mode without giving up stiffness in Sport+ is ideal. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:27 PM   #116
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStevens View Post
Is there an off the shelf program like Thor or Bootmod3 that will allow me to code CS EDC myself? I have a 18' F80 ZCP. From what I read from most people, the comfort setting is a little more forgiving with the CS EDC settings and the Sport and Sport+ are still just as firm at the standard ZCP, if not stiffer. That seems like a win win to me because I live in the North East and the roads are god awful. A softer comfort mode without giving up stiffness in Sport+ is ideal. Thanks!
Cs EDC is softer in sport+ than zcp.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 07:05 AM   #117
TopJimmy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStevens View Post
It's a little off topic but I wanted 1 notch softer for my Base F80 and couldn't re-code the base dampers to get better. MP-HAS did the trick and got my comfort mode more comfy, but Sp+ still shakes my teeth when needed.

In hindsight I could have picked up a pair of used ZCP dampers and put the HAS on them (win-win).
      04-30-2021, 09:33 AM   #118
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, 2020 G01 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
It's a little off topic but I wanted 1 notch softer for my Base F80 and couldn't re-code the base dampers to get better. MP-HAS did the trick and got my comfort mode more comfy, but Sp+ still shakes my teeth when needed.

In hindsight I could have picked up a pair of used ZCP dampers and put the HAS on them (win-win).
Just get Bilstein B6s with Eibach pro kit and code in CS EDC and your world will be rocked!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 12:24 PM   #119
TopJimmy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE7EN335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post

Just get Bilstein B6s with Eibach pro kit and code in CS EDC and your world will be rocked!
I heard that's a great combo! B6 with Eibach v1, if you can find the old v1.