GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

06-05-2019, 11:28 PM   #2509
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I love to laugh
Hey Joe, assuming your avatar pic isn't some super obvious thing I should know, is it some type of Torontonian statue?

Because i saw one in Montreal awhile back that's similar ... are Canukians big on these things?

On a separate note, turns out she was waving at some other dude and not me.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 08:04 AM   #2510
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Hey Joe, assuming your avatar pic isn't some super obvious thing I should know, is it some type of Torontonian statue?

Because i saw one in Montreal awhile back that's similar ... are Canukians big on these things?

On a separate note, turns out she was waving at some other dude and not me.
No, we're not big on statues, at least any more so than any other country.

I only put the avatar pic up (it is of Caesar), because Belgie (MpowerBelgium or something - think he's banned) really hated Caesar and kept saying he was this direct descendant of Ambiorix or something who defeated a bunch of Caesar's troops. Just wanted to yank his chain a little.

As expected, he hated my avatar. And I've been too lazy to change it.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
minn1914012.00
      06-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #2511
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I only put the avatar pic up (it is of Caesar), because Belgie (MpowerBelgium or something - think he's banned) really hated Caesar and kept saying he was this direct descendant of Ambiorix or something who defeated a bunch of Caesar's troops. Just wanted to yank his chain a little.

That's a wonderful story and for smartassery in the line of duty you are awarded 5 stars, and this gif of a braless Sophie Turner slapping Conan after he takes a shot of tequila. I'll add that if you watch the full video, she really slaps the shit outa him.

Last edited by GrussGott; 06-06-2019 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
minn1914012.00
      06-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #2512
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
No, we're not big on statues, at least any more so than any other country.

He is still around, mainly posting pics of Max Verstappen in the F1 threads.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #2513
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
I saw your post. I say your number 1 man sometimes in business meetings. My colleagues know I'm telling them fuck off, but everyone else in the thinks I'm praising them.
I feel bad about it, but we are human as they say and she said considerably worse things before that/was actually mad at somebody else, but thought I had done the misdeed and took it out on me. Still not proud of myself and wished I had just walked away.

She won't listen to me or other co workers that I'm not the one she should be pissed at. But, whatever I've moved on. No time for that shit as they say.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #2514
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Wow Lups, I was just threatened with a lawsuit from an old “friend” in the poly sci sub forum. That’s a first.
Appreciate 1
Lups11824.50
      06-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #2515
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Wow Lups, I was just threatened with a lawsuit from an old “friend” in the poly sci sub forum. That’s a first.
Which thread?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #2516
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Which thread?
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1608588

Fast forward to pages 6-8 for my part.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00
      06-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #2517
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1608588

Fast forward to pages 6-8 for my part.
Thanks!
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      06-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #2518
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Kanye West can go choke on a cucumber.
      06-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #2519
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
minn19 the problem with people who believe in conspiracy theories tend to be that, their minds are already made up. Making them see differently generally doesn't work.

I personally will only believe something if it comes from both sides of the coin and things line up to say "something isn't right." Not one side saying one thing, the other side saying it's a cover-up! That is bullshit and I feel sorry for people who can't think differently.

You know, just like the majority of Trump voters
GrussGott18116.50
minn1914012.00
      06-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #2520
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
minn19 the problem with people [deleted as not necessary ] tend to be that, their minds are already made up. Making them see differently generally doesn't work.
This.

As a former Republican, probably the most amazing thing of my life has been watching the Republican party abandon all principles and convert to full blown fascism a la Eugene Ionesco's play Rhinoceros.

All of my teen and adult life I've hobby-studied the 1920s-1940s and I could never understand how all of these smart Germans, Italians, Spaniards, and French just rolled over for dictators and evil - and now I deeply and intensely understand.

There are really two general groups of humans when it comes to governance:
* those who are facts/reason driven
* those who are emotions/passion driven

The root of all emotions is fundamentally driven by The Other: love, hate, fear, jealousy, avarice - with all of this tied to basic needs of food, shelter, sex and the human need to perceive access to those things as fair.

When a human perceives themselves as having less of those things than The Other they make up a story about it: it's not their fault, it's unfair because [ fill in the blank ]. It's the natural way to cover our weaknesses, humiliations, and fears.

Facts/Reason driven people will tend to design their way out.
An extreme example might be Elon Musk with Tesla - he could sit around and blame others for not living in the low carbon World he desires, instead he designs a way out: the Tesla Model S. Others seeing new access to something they want, can easily get behind this.

Emotions/Passion people tend to blame their way out.
An extreme example might be blaming Jews for not having the things you think you deserve. Now that there's a moral theory, one is justified to take what one wants, as this is now seen as "fair" and "justice". Others seeing new access to something they want, can easily get behind this.

As a country, the US is on the precipice of being destroyed by passions that subvert the processes put in place by our founding fathers to control them - and they predicted this very danger:

On emotions vs reason:
"Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint."
-Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 15

"Has it not. . . invariably been found that momentary passions, and immediate interests, have a more active and imperious control over human conduct than general or remote considerations of policy, utility and justice?"
-- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 6, "Concerning Dangers from Dissensions Between the States"
On Russia:
"Men are rather reasoning than reasonable animals for the most part governed by the impulse of passion. This is a truth well understood by our adversaries who have practised upon it with no small benefit to their cause."
--Alexander Hamilton, Letter to James A. Bayard, April 16, 1802

On creating facts to justify passions:
"We have taken up many ideas upon trust, and at last, pleased with our own opinions, establish them as undoubted truths."
--Alexander Hamilton, as recorded by Robert Yates in the Constitutional Convention, June 22, 1787

Last edited by GrussGott; 06-08-2019 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 3
minn1914012.00
Arcades8162.00
myzmak2415.00
      06-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #2521
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Hey Lups guess where I went this morning... Remember this place?

Appreciate 3
Lups11824.50
Arcades8162.00
minn1914012.00
      06-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #2522
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Hey Lups guess where I went this morning... Remember this place?

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Skittles.

Makes me want some.
minn1914012.00
      06-08-2019, 10:27 PM   #2523
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Normally this chick kinda annoys me, but this one is pretty fun:

Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      06-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #2524
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Reading that windshield rubber thread makes my eyes hurt.

P.S. I am honestly not trying to be mean about it but like honestly. If a dealership hasn't responded... why post about it online and NOT go into the dealership and straight up ask them? Or find a closer one if it is more convenient or even call then ask for the GM? Far too many people now a days are either lazy or just dislike doing things in person for some reason.

Last edited by Arcades; 06-10-2019 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      06-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #2525
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Reading that windshield rubber thread makes my eyes hurt.

P.S. I am honestly not trying to be mean about it but like honestly. If a dealership hasn't responded... why post about it online and NOT go into the dealership and straight up ask them? Or find a closer one if it is more convenient or even call then ask for the GM? Far too many people now a days are either lazy or just dislike doing things in person for some reason.
I’m not posting for another reason. It doesn’t look like it is damaged and it is just minor cosmetic stuff that you have to look hard to see. I’d leave it alone and not cause bigger issues if I where them.

But yah like you said try another dealer. It is pretty obvious the one he is trying to get help from isn’t going to resolve the issue let alone respond.
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      06-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #2526
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I’m not posting for another reason. It doesn’t look like it is damaged and it is just minor cosmetic stuff that you have to look hard to see. I’d leave it alone and not cause bigger issues if I where them.

But yah like you said try another dealer. It is pretty obvious the one he is trying to get help from isn’t going to resolve the issue let alone respond.
My problem with that dude is he refuses to use his brain.

Bitching about it online, posting the way he does and ignoring the advice people have been giving him just annoys me. You move from step to step, not wait for an email and bitch about it online.

You email, into calling the dealership asking for the manager, into going to the damn place in person and get them to respond directly. If not, fucking call BMWNA or go to another dealership and ask. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. If you need someone to walk you through simple instructions then I sure as hell hope you don't walk into anything more sophisticated.

It is stuff like this I miss Gruss posting more regularly because people like this deserve the crap they get.
minn1914012.00
      06-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #2527
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
My problem with that dude is he refuses to use his brain.

Bitching about it online, posting the way he does and ignoring the advice people have been giving him just annoys me. You move from step to step, not wait for an email and bitch about it online.

You email, into calling the dealership asking for the manager, into going to the damn place in person and get them to respond directly. If not, fucking call BMWNA or go to another dealership and ask. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. If you need someone to walk you through simple instructions then I sure as hell hope you don't walk into anything more sophisticated.

It is stuff like this I miss Gruss posting more regularly because people like this deserve the crap they get.
I'm with yah trust me. I miss Myz jumping in on some of those to.

I also love the "I've had my car for a year with 5k miles on it and the engine sounds bad, what do you guys think I should do?"

Fucking really?????????????? Take it to the dealer and use your warranty!!!!!!!!!!

I feel for guys like you though that have severe OCD. I can cruise right past stuff like that and not care. As long as it is working and not leaking I don't care about a very minor cosmetic imperfection that has the possibility of getting messed up very quickly again anyway.
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00
      06-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #2528
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm with yah trust me. I miss Myz jumping in on some of those to.

I also love the "I've had my car for a year with 5k miles on it and the engine sounds bad, what do you guys think I should do?"

Fucking really?????????????? Take it to the dealer and use your warranty!!!!!!!!!!

I feel for guys like you though that have severe OCD. I can cruise right past stuff like that and not care. As long as it is working and not leaking I don't care about a very minor cosmetic imperfection that has the possibility of getting messed up very quickly again anyway.
He told me in a PM (that I didn't reply to) that he is from Taiwan as well. I am assuming very recently moved to the States if his English isn't too great. Which is fine and all but he still failed to say the location he is near. If he is anywhere close to LA, then there should be 0 issues here. LA has so many dealerships around that deal with Asian customers that he shouldn't have trouble at all. He just doesn't want to go there in person.

Not to mention, he took delivery last July and found out now? It's been a year. That is the other reason why the dealership hasn't responded. They aren't obligated to do anything for you now, the car isn't new anymore. In this case, you have to call in, or go there in person and get their attention then ask. Emaling is going to do jack shit. I meant what I said when I found out a scratch on our Macan S on delivery. I pointed it out very quickly on the inside door panel and Porsche DTLA immediately ordered the part for me on the spot. That could have happened if he saw it right away, not freaken 1 year after. If it has been this long, you have go in to tell them. It can still be done under warranty but you have to explain or go to another dealership. If that dealership is bad at communicating then I am assuming their thoughts are, this is self caused and not their doing, hence why aren't doing anything but that doesn't mean other dealerships won't honor fixing it under warranty.

I know my OCD is pretty bad. I don't think I am officially like OCD but my habits are definitely there. The past two days, our house has had some tree trimming going on. The people were finishing today but they choose to blow all the crap all over the place. No garage door is completely seal proof so my M3 had a thin layer of just dust on it. I wiped my car off (just washed it a day ago) and was/still am irritated about the laziness of the gardeners "cleaning" our driveway via blowing everything into the street. THAT ISN'T FUCKING CLEANING. Not to mention it got that crap over the Macan S as well, which is equally annoying but not as much as I put way more mileage on the Porsche.

i was able to get over the minor front bumper distortion on my M3 from some ahole in DTLA hitting me. I'm glad i clear bra'ed because otherwise the paint would have been damaged definitely. I got over it only because I know if I wanted to fix it, I know who can do it and I would be fine but I choose to keep my original paint in place for now. I took my car in for them to attempt to fix it without repainting but ran into some bad luck so they did what they could to minimize it.

Point is. The dude needs to do some footwork. SoCal has a lot of places when it comes to German cars and almost all of them has some experience with Asian customers. He hasn't done any footwork, or asked. Instead he went online to whine about it then doesn't take the advice people give him due to his poor English, which is an awful excuse if he is close to LA.
minn1914012.00
      06-14-2019, 10:33 PM   #2529
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
I'm bored.

Might get a backpack from Prada because I'm dumb.
GrussGott18116.50
      06-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #2530
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm bored.

Might get a backpack from Prada because I'm dumb.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8162.00