EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #23
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Jeez that explains why you didn't respond, I thought you ignored me or the topic
Lol. Send it again.

You may have sent it to LarryTheCableGuy and he is too famous to respond (too busy shooting Prilosec OTC commercials).

Last edited by CaryTheLabelGuy; 07-28-2016 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #24
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Alright that's pretty damn nice.

Who will be supplying the OTS maps?
We'll have some OTS maps available through bootmod3.

We also have the ability to offer any tuner's OTS maps through bootmod3's OTS map delivery mechanism. Tuners are given ability to build their maps as they typically would, optionally encrypt the files so they're not viewable or editable or downloadable by anyone else, and expose them for users in the app for flashing similar to how music gets distributed through iTunes.

This particular feature isn't yet fully completed as it requires the commerce part of it (ability for end users to pay for an OTS map and associated accounting on our end) but that is something that should make it easier for tuners to market their own OTS tunes via the bootmod3 platform if they so desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
#Gamechanger

Quote:
That looks sweet, and you guys must be geniuses to figure this out on the F8x. What type of data can you get on brakes, Individual brake pressure per wheel? Another idea, do you know that data logging (if realtime) can be used for laptimer track activities and the companies that does this equipment are still in the dinosaur age! Would you license a data logging API that either other devices or other software can use?
Thank you! We haven't yet had a chance to look into other channels from other modules available in the car other than the DME but that is something we'll definitely be looking into for coming releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
I see that boost is reporting 14.7psi (1bar) at idle. Have you thought about doing the math in the datalogger to automatically to get an absolute boost reading? And maybe have a toggle to switch back and forth?
Yes, pressure is reported/logged in absolute and we'll most definitely add a math channel to our datalogging that will provide gauge pressure in addition to absolute. Noted, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acree View Post
This!

And also, is the boost pressure scaling off a bit, or is this absolute pressure?
Absolute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
Will I need to connect a bunch of shit to all my sensors like the JB4 and get similar performance? Sorry, I'm lazy and didnt feel like reading all the comments in the original thread.
Software developers are inherently lazy and we still manage to come up with some cool sh*t from time to time No wiring required as others mentioned. The only requirement is getting your DME unlocked and that can be done through us or any of our certified dealer locations whichever is more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
This uses your factory engine computer. No piggyback or sensor hookups required at all. Different ballgame entirely from piggybacks.

Quote:
According to PTF, you don't need to jailbreak your DME to get access to data logging (if that was your question), and I believe it's through their OBD device wirelessly to your smartphone and/or through a cloud?
Correct. However, this feature is unlikely to be available for the first official release as it'd require quite a bit of refactoring (i.e. code changes) to handle cases where someone buys the logger and then is willing to upgrade to a full version of bootmod3. Having said that we do have it as a priority and will be looking into it as soon as we can as it helps people visualize and learn more about how well or poor their current flash tune is running, diagnose issues with their tuner or switch to another tune or OTS map etc.

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 07-28-2016 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
aboulfad1592.50
      07-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #25
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
reminds me of COBB V3, only a million times better because of the wireless capabilities + phone interface. so awesome and i can't wait! i had such a great experience with the PTF guys when tuning my old 335i. I know this new platform is going to be even better.

quick question: i assume the app allows for live data viewing (temps, AFR, boost, etc.). Because it's done wirelessly, is there a bit of lag or latency? the one thing i enjoyed about the COBB was that i could easily easily change and view relevant data, knowing that the information is completely up to date and fluid within the split second of watching it. And here's hoping the UI for bootmod3 is clean, modern, and most importantly, easily readable.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 1
Acree377.50
      07-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #26
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
reminds me of COBB V3, only a million times better because of the wireless capabilities + phone interface. so awesome and i can't wait! i had such a great experience with the PTF guys when tuning my old 335i. I know this new platform is going to be even better.

quick question: i assume the app allows for live data viewing (temps, AFR, boost, etc.). Because it's done wirelessly, is there a bit of lag or latency? the one thing i enjoyed about the COBB was that i could easily easily change and view relevant data, knowing that the information is completely up to date and fluid within the split second of watching it. And here's hoping the UI for bootmod3 is clean, modern, and most importantly, easily readable.
Appreciate the kind words, thank you. We are Cobb Accessport dealers and certified protuners and fully support it for custom tuning on platforms where Cobb has chosen to build tuning support. The product works and works well and their customer support is beyond exceptional. No shortage of positive feedback there.

On the bootmod3 front, we've got the live dash in the works that'll show data on the screen in realtime. May not make it in for first release but once complete it'll be incorporated into the app at no additional cost to end users
Appreciate 3
Acree377.50
V3rbatim163.50
      07-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #27
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
We'll have some OTS maps available through bootmod3.

We also have the ability to offer any tuner's OTS maps through bootmod3's OTS map delivery mechanism. Tuners are given ability to build their maps as they typically would, optionally encrypt the files so they're not viewable or editable or downloadable by anyone else, and expose them for users in the app for flashing similar to how music gets distributed through iTunes.

This particular feature isn't yet fully completed as it requires the commerce part of it (ability for end users to pay for an OTS map and associated accounting on our end) but that is something that should make it easier for tuners to market their own OTS tunes via the bootmod3 platform if they so desire.
Great to hear. This sounds in line with HP Tuners' offering which has been my go-to on the Z06s for over 10 years. Even the logs look similar.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #28
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Great to hear. This sounds in line with HP Tuners' offering which has been my go-to on the Z06s for over 10 years. Even the logs look similar.
Generally yes, very much in line with any flash tuning solution. However, it is vastly different than your direct-to-obd port flashers given bootmod3's cloud component, mobile app interfaces as well as other features in the works which we believe can/will provide a significant advantage over time. We mentioned before, if the goal with bootmod3 was to just build a DME flasher we wouldn't have been nearly excited enough to work on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #29
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Very cool, good stuff.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0