R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

06-09-2019, 06:58 AM   #23
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

Verts are for .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbatage View Post
Verts are for girls who love having the wind blow through their hair, old men who want to feel young again, and guys who want everyone to see how cool they are
Nice stereotyping. Not everyone tracks their car, so an M4 is far more machine for any legal activities, even with the extra weight, and for people like me who live in South Florida, why be cooped up in a coupe or sedan when I can have top down sun 90% of the time. Makes my commute that much better.

That said, and an a girl trapped in an old man's body looking to fee young again and hope everyone can see how cool I am.

P.S. Eat your heart out....another beautiful sunny day in paradise
Attached Images

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #24
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
another beautiful sunny day in paradise
congrats on the car
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #25
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
Nice stereotyping. Not everyone tracks their car, so an M4 is far more machine for any legal activities, even with the extra weight, and for people like me who live in South Florida, why be cooped up in a coupe or sedan when I can have top down sun 90% of the time. Makes my commute that much better.

That said, and an a girl trapped in an old man's body looking to fee young again and hope everyone can see how cool I am.

P.S. Eat your heart out....another beautiful sunny day in paradise
I keep my F83 at my home in Lime Rock CT and occasionally bring it into Manhattan. I have no illusions of it being a race car or even a track car. I view it as a GT car and I find it to be a very good GT car. It has more performance than is usable on the street so the fact that the coupe is faster is moot to me. I keep it garaged during the winter but on Spring, Summer and Autumn New England days it very enjoyable to put the top down and drive on New England back roads.

I let a young friend of mine (he was 17 at the time) drive my 2015 M4 convertible and his comment was that "It feels like a race car".
Attached Images

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 06-10-2019 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:58 PM   #26
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbatage View Post
Yes, but only because it's a vert
never understood the vert either. performance car... but you want a couple hundred pound weight penalty along with chassis flex with it.

I think I see more 7 series in the shop than any other bmw as well.
I ah r a 2018 F83, I don't feel chassis flex as you've mentioned the car actually a very stiff body instead. It's 500 lb heavier bevies of the hard tip roof, but overall it a great fun car.
Appreciate 0