Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-20-2024, 10:50 PM   #1
Tamtino
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 Comp, 2022 IS350F

Stalled and went into neutral

Hello everyone,

I left my car in my garage in Jan with about a quarter of gas left in the tank before leaving for school, came back last week and started it up and the gas tank gauge went up to full when it was never filled up so I poured some new gas and a couple octane booster into the car and did some WOT and car drove fine. Today when driving with about half a tank left from the gauge the car threw a drivetrain error and went into N. It wouldnt crank but after a couple tries it would crank a little bit and stall and sputter before shutting off. Poured some new 92 oct and some fuel stabilizer and it started up again and drove fine. Is there anyway to make sure it doesn't happen again i assumed it was the bad gas sitting for 6 month, would hate for it to happen again on the freeway.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 02:19 PM   #2
trollinphil
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw

The bad gas would do that - I would flush it out and replace the injectors as well to be safe
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 02:25 PM   #3
Tamtino
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 Comp, 2022 IS350F

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollinphil View Post
The bad gas would do that - I would flush it out and replace the injectors as well to be safe
How would I flush it out? Read on other threads that only way is unplugging dme and a line or accessing the pump
For Injectors what the downside if I don’t replace it
Appreciate 0