EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

01-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
M4BimmerChris
Street Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15í BMW M4 AW

Bmw M4 2K and 1K vibration from letting off from revving

Hi, I was just wondering if this was normal or not I get told so many things from Bmw I donít know what to believe anymore.

My car started ticking not constant and not following revs and so I measured oil and it was on minimum and I had just ran the car really hard, went and bought some oil and put 1 quart in there as told on screen and went and started car no ticking so thatís gone but I drove the car around and letting it idle a bit till warmed up and measured it has maximum level I thought one quart was crazy to push to maximum but when I rev it, it shakes the car at 2k rpm and 1k rpm from letting off idk if this is normal but I couldnít imagine it being, and I havenít noticed this before and I think I would have and at 1500k right when itís dropping it has this weird like ughhh sound and itís loud and it wasnít like that before either.

Video 1 is of the ughhh sound I was talking about Iíve always heard something like that but not as that defined as this itís when it drops to idle

Video 2 is of the vibration of letting off from revving and itís way more defined in person than on video
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 05:10 AM   #2
mfurse
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

Is it a comp pack? Sounds like the exhaust burbles in the first video.

The second video is so subtle it almost sounds like a loose something in the car rattling...get it checked by the dealer they can read codes off the car if something is out of tolerance etc. not a given but worth checking.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
M4BimmerChris
Street Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15í BMW M4 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post

The second video is so subtle it almost sounds like a loose something in the car rattling...get it checked by the dealer they can read codes off the car if something is out of tolerance etc. not a given but worth checking.
It is not a competition pack it just had MPE exhaust, There is something vibrating in car but thats from the vibration at 2k and 1k and you canít tell at 1k in video but car vibrates at that too, car is due for oil change, brake fluid flush and vehicle check up, in the checkup will they read codes?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
mfurse
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4BimmerChris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post

It is not a competition pack it just had MPE exhaust, There is something vibrating in car but thats from the vibration at 2k and 1k and you can't tell at 1k in video but car vibrates at that too, car is due for oil change, brake fluid flush and vehicle check up, in the checkup will they read codes?
I would mention the vibration and get them to check it. They'll read codes if there's a need to.
Appreciate 0