Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

bringing in car before "scheduled" time, warranty ending

So my 4 years of warranty and free maintenance ends at Sept 23 and my car is saying next service is November. I had the car in to replace something late last year and they "performed some required service" things while I was there which reset the next service by a few months and screwed up the timing.

If I bring it in mid September will I be charged for service since the car says its not due until November? Is that up to dealership or BMW?

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

When I wanted to bring my car in for the annual service in May, they told me I would be charged if I brought it in before August since that’s when I brought it last year for second oil change. I’d assume this is the same thing, although maybe they’ll agree since your warranty is ending.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:59 AM   #3
climax_e92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
When I wanted to bring my car in for the annual service in May, they told me I would be charged if I brought it in before August since that’s when I brought it last year for second oil change. I’d assume this is the same thing, although maybe they’ll agree since your warranty is ending.
Weird, I never had issues when bringing my car in early for the free regular maintenance. At 23k miles I got the free oil change, spark plugs and brake fluid service. Then at 26k I had my brake pads and rotors replaced free.. my maintenance is up next Jan.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #4
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

I wanted to change oil in between service intervals.l and pay out of pocket. So took it around 6.5k and the SA said it was expensive so he did the 10k service...
Appreciate 0