Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

01-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #67
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I think we are getting a bit side tracked here.
Let's leave all kidding aside... I got a lot go information from this thread and made many connections.
Believe it or not, might buy both!
I wish we would all stay away from the negativity and enjoy the car talk the this forum is intended to be.
      01-27-2016, 07:59 AM   #68
DATM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR / F06 M6

Garage List
I was in a similar dilemma this past weekend. I was on the edge to pull the trigger on either a 15 GTR BE or a 15 F80 M3. I had price figures out on both places with tradein for my M5. Both salesmen were also nagging at me to pull the trigger. Keep in mind I had an FBO 11 GTR about 2 years ago. I still miss the brute force of that car and how well it did everything. It us probably the fastest car I have owned from a dig and would be close from a roll. Then I remembered why I got rid of it and it made my decision a little better. I don't know if I could go back and live with the interior now having a full leather M6. I also remember how much if a cock magnet it was. I literally had teens following me and taking pictures of the car as well as following me home. The car gets a ton of attention. So the only thing I really miss about it is how fast it is and I didn't think it would work as a dd for me like before. I would one day hope to get a built one for racing events and pleasure driving. So i pulled the trigger on this on Saturday:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 08:06 AM   #69
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

Tune+DP M4 does this to a stock GTR yet a stock M4 cant keep up with a GTR?? By the arguments in here a stock GTR should hang with a modded M4, which it is clearly not doing in the first video. In the 2nd video the modded GTR barely pulls away from the M4. The GTR driver probably didn't have it in RRR mode though

Here is tuned vs tuned (not seeing bus lengths being pulled by the GTR either!)

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #70
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Thank you!!!!^ some folks are unreal
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #71
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///VlTrain
I was in a similar dilemma this past weekend. I was on the edge to pull the trigger on either a 15 GTR BE or a 15 F80 M3. I had price figures out on both places with tradein for my M5. Both salesmen were also nagging at me to pull the trigger. Keep in mind I had an FBO 11 GTR about 2 years ago. I still miss the brute force of that car and how well it did everything. It us probably the fastest car I have owned from a dig and would be close from a roll. Then I remembered why I got rid of it and it made my decision a little better. I don't know if I could go back and live with the interior now having a full leather M6. I also remember how much if a cock magnet it was. I literally had teens following me and taking pictures of the car as well as following me home. The car gets a ton of attention. So the only thing I really miss about it is how fast it is and I didn't think it would work as a dd for me like before. I would one day hope to get a built one for racing events and pleasure driving. So i pulled the trigger on this on Saturday:
That's a beauty my friend. Congrats!!

Last edited by KinoBoom; 01-27-2016 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #72
Sparco
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 \ Future M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidscollege$ View Post
Curious of your opinion of the Porsche Cayman GTS? I was contemplating that before I bought my M4...just wonder what could have been?
Its a completely different car. From a drivers perspective, its absolutely 1st class. The steering, clutch, and shifter are about the best around. When you factor in the exhaust sound, its dam near perfect. Handling, as one would expect, is exceptional based on where the engine is as are the ceramic brakes I specced mine with. Speed is relative. Going 0-60 in 4 seconds has become somewhat of an average number.0-60 in 3 now has put things in perspective and anything beginning with a 2 is just hard to imagine. Its a quick car but honestly its geared extremely long. Once my M4 arrived and I drove it for 2 weeks straight, the Cayman felt anemic. I had an opportunity to build a GT4 but passed as the car had the same gearing as the GTS and I have a rule I try to abide by, never buy the same car in succession. I know the GT4 is the ultimate Cayman, but having built a great GTS, didnt feel it was enough of a jump over what I had. So far, I really enjoy picking between the M4 and the GTR. When I really want to have some fun, I grab the keys to my wifes new JCW Mini Cooper. Reminds me some of the M4 with exhaust note, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #73
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 JzB E93 M3 & 2012 BE GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
Tune+DP M4 does this to a stock GTR yet a stock M4 cant keep up with a GTR?? By the arguments in here a stock GTR should hang with a modded M4, which it is clearly not doing in the first video. In the 2nd video the modded GTR barely pulls away from the M4. The GTR driver probably didn't have it in RRR mode though

Here is tuned vs tuned (not seeing bus lengths being pulled by the GTR either!)

In your first video, that's a JB4 M4 with full Akras and other add-ons producing well over 490 WHp! And that's a bone stock 2013 GTR producing about 450-469 WHp. Seeing that the M4 is lighter and modified to more horsepower, this result surprises you??? Really???????

In your 2nd video, again that's a JB4 M4 with full bolt-ons with I'm sure at least 490 WHp, maybe even more, racing against a tuned 2010 (CBA) GTR whose stock WHp is less than 400 (crank HP is only 485). So again, the modified M4 has significantly more horsepower than this modified GTR AND its lighter. Do I really need to explain the concept of power to weight ratios in roll races to you???

I mean, do you want me to post up YouTube videos on what AMS alpha GTRs would do to JB4 M4's????? Seriously???????? Come on now, I know BMW M enthusiasts are NOT this stupid!!!

I mean let's be serious, I can modify a Civic to beat a lightly modified M4. It doesn't mean squat. Want to compare? Compare stock vs. stock. Comparing modified cars is retarded.

So why are we comparing apples to oranges???? Do you know why there are no videos of stock M4's roll racing stock GTR's?????? I'll just let you make the educated answer.

Last edited by Ketamine_Dart; 01-27-2016 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #74
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Thank you!!!!^ some folks are unreal
I think I just proved YOU are the unreal one. Just PM me on any day you want to roll race a stock 2013 GTR (my friend's) with your STOCK M3/M4 and I'll drive to wherever you are and we'll film this race and post it on the forums. With one caveat: let's bet $10,000 or any larger amount you want, that you WILL NOT be neck to neck with my friend (a better driver than I am) and that he will beat you easily, and will put at least 1-2 car lengths on you depending on up to what speed you want to go. Deal? Put your money where your mouth is if you are not spewing BS.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #75
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///VlTrain View Post
I agree with everything you said about the GTR being a boxer dropper with a less than stellar interior, which Nissan is going to fix along with a front fascia re-fresh for the 2017 model. Congrats on your new M3, it's definitely a beauty!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 07:50 PM   #76
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketamine_Dart View Post
I think I just proved YOU are the unreal one. Just PM me on any day you want to roll race a stock 2013 GTR (my friend's) with your STOCK M3/M4 and I'll drive to wherever you are and we'll film this race and post it on the forums. With one caveat: let's bet $10,000 or any larger amount you want, that you WILL NOT be neck to neck with my friend (a better driver than I am) and that he will beat you easily, and will put at least 1-2 car lengths on you depending on up to what speed you want to go. Deal? Put your money where your mouth is if you are not spewing BS.
Hey, Vin Diesel, simmer down. Are you 16 years old? firstly, my car isn't stock. I thought I covered that. Secondly, do you normally volunteer your friend's vehicles to appease your own insecurities? Thirdly, how about you get your money up and buy your own car instead of squandering $10k in a street race?? Or race what YOU have, if this means so much to you? I would never bet $10k over some bs internet d!ck swinging contest. The video evidence calls into question all of the bs you're spewing.
Appreciate 2
SOLIDM460.00
      01-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #77
gvan1998
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

This is a M4 forum, of course most people are going to say m4 is dead even with a GTR. I agree stock vs stock, GTR is faster. Come on GTR runs 10sec. 1/4 mile stock. People lets stop living a dream.

Last edited by gvan1998; 01-27-2016 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
      01-27-2016, 08:18 PM   #78
48Laws
Banned
Rep

No one said it's faster. What has been said, however, is that the GTR can and has been matched and even beaten in some cases. Live life.

Last edited by 48Laws; 01-27-2016 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #79
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

I did a quick search of road tests. What I found interesting is that even though the GTR is a beast and runs 11.2 in the 1/4 mile, its 30-50 and 50-70 top gear times (which in an auto is a kick down under full throttle) was slower than the M with DCT. Now I know with a manual as is the case with this back and forth, you don't have the kick down time but the gearing is a bit longer compared to the DCT in this road test data. So from a roll the M4 could have an advantage at least initially. GTR is the 1st image. M is the first column in the 2nd image.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 09:25 PM   #80
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Couple that small advantage with Stage 1 and it's a very real thing. That's why I don't see this kid's outrage. It seems so illogical. Thanks for posting. If they made a GTR in manual, I'd consider. Same with 911TT.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #81
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Hey, Vin Diesel, simmer down. Are you 16 years old? firstly, my car isn't stock. I thought I covered that. Secondly, do you normally volunteer your friend's vehicles to appease your own insecurities? Thirdly, how about you get your money up and buy your own car instead of squandering $10k in a street race?? Or race what YOU have, if this means so much to you? I would never bet $10k over some bs internet d!ck swinging contest. The video evidence calls into question all of the bs you're spewing.
Insecurities? Lol....you are a funny little boy. I'm not the one TRYING to justify my M4 being faster than a GTR But.....but....but..... my modified M4 can keep up with a stock GTR tho! The only thing your so-called evidence shows genius is that a modified M4 can beat a stock GTR.....lol. Yeah, good job there genius! And why is it that Internet warriors like you are so bad ass like "Yo dude, my car is awesome, it can hang with a car that is known to be at least one level up in performance........blah blah blah" and then when they get called out for it, they resort to the ,"you're poorer than me and don't even have said better car.....blah blah blah". But hey, if you wanna race my car, I can entertain that as well. But it's not a stock GTR though. So anytime Internet warrior

So keep spewing bullshit and I'll keep calling you out for it.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 10:09 PM   #82
48Laws
Banned
Rep

I have an M3. That's verified. Not an M4. Please identify my "BS" because not only has video evidence exposed your peabrain but, now performance specs have, too. I just can't respect a dude who uses another dude's car as leverage in a discussion about car performance. That's not manly to me. Does he allow you to sit on his lap while he terrorizes the streets? How about wash it? You offered no real rebuttal for the video evidence or the spec sheet. Nor did you reply to my PM.

Forgot o hit RRR I suppose nuff respect to GTR guys, though. No lie it's a great car but your ambassador is a certified clown.

Last edited by 48Laws; 01-27-2016 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 11:28 PM   #83
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I have an M3. That's verified. Not an M4. Please identify my "BS" because not only has video evidence exposed your peabrain but, now performance specs have, too. I just can't respect a dude who uses another dude's car as leverage in a discussion about car performance. That's not manly to me. Does he allow you to sit on his lap while he terrorizes the streets? How about wash it? You offered no real rebuttal for the video evidence or the spec sheet. Nor did you reply to my PM.

Forgot o hit RRR I suppose nuff respect to GTR guys, though. No lie it's a great car but your ambassador is a certified clown.

No real rebuttal? Seriously????? I just explained it in my above post, I'm sorry if it's beyond your reading comprehension skills. And again showing a video of a JB4 heavily modded M3/M4 running against a bone stock GTR? Are you for real? I'm sure everybody who has read this thread should clearly identify who is the peabrain here. And I only mentioned my friend because my car is not stock and his is pure stock. It wouldn't even be a fair race if you only have a stage 1, you would be seeing nothing but my tail lights. Why don't you look up what a FBO DBA GTR makes on race gas. Your car wouldn't even stand a chance. Thats why I suggested my friend because I thought your car was stock.

And the performance specs, really?? You only race from 30-50? Or only 50-70?? Seriously man??? Yeah dude, let's race man! But only from 30-50!!!

By the way I already responded to your PM. Check your box

I hope you don't even bother to respond because I'm sick of clowning you son. I'm tired of sonning you

Also, do you want me to give you a cookie for verifying you have an M3??
Sorry son, I'm not that insecure to try and verify what I drive on the Internet

Last edited by Ketamine_Dart; 01-27-2016 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 11:47 PM   #84
48Laws
Banned
Rep

The tone of your posts and the outrage you display over a rather harmless topic actually makes you look like a clown. For starters, your dumb azz decides to set up an illegal road race with cash you don't even have. And to think I live 3000 miles from you proves the utter stupidity and extremes of your personality. You make no sense. Then you volunteer your boyfriends car. Will he get jealous? I have no lies in my life. Sorry if your puss goes dry whenever your GTR's performance doesn't shine. That's life. Launch control. You got that. Everything else, nah. Lmao

Last edited by 48Laws; 01-27-2016 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #85
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The tone of your posts and the outrage you display over a rather harmless topic actually makes you look like a clown. For starters, your dumb azz decides to set up an illegal road race with cash you don't even have. And to think I live 3000 miles from you proves the utter stupidity and extremes of your personality. You make no sense. Then you volunteer your boyfriends car. Will he get jealous? I have no lies in my life. Sorry if your puss goes dry whenever your GTR's performance doesn't shine. That's life. Launch control. You got that. Everything else, nah. Lmao
It's simple son........if you're going to get butt hurt from being called out, then don't make stupid outrageous claims about your car. Makes you look like an insecure little girl. Be proud of what you drive, don't need to make up lies about how fast your car is. That's called being insecure. So don't be a little twat by being so insecure and then when somebody calls you out on it , you run home crying to me. I can't always be there to protect you son. That's your life lesson of the day son.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:14 AM   #86
48Laws
Banned
Rep

How am I " butt hurt" yet YOU think it's mature and rational to challenge me to a race because you disagree???? Hahhaha
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:21 AM   #87
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
How am I " butt hurt" yet YOU think it's mature and rational to challenge me to a race because you disagree???? Hahhaha
Lol....even Ray Charles can see how butthurt you are for being called out. I challenged you to a race to prove a point: that you're nothing but some internet race car driver wannabe who thinks racing modded cars against stock cars is a valid race. Again, who's the peabrain son?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 12:41 AM   #88
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Yes. You challenged me to a race with your boys car and you live 3000 miles away. That's not calling anyone out. That's a fake way to challenge someone when you know you're safe in your rental sleeping on IKEA furniture. Ctfu
Appreciate 0