Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #155
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Where is the sub located?
just a crazy guess and all, but judging by the name of "BAVSOUND - BMW HiFi Logic7 Underseat Woofer", I would say it might possibly just maybe be....under the seat.
      01-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #156
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
just a crazy guess and all, but judging by the name of "BAVSOUND - BMW HiFi Logic7 Underseat Woofer", I would say it might possibly just maybe be....under the seat.
Lol... yeah I should read before I post.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #157
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
They need to release the sub option yesterday. That would make the perfect plug and play upgrade.

Make the install video and start shipping them out.
Install should be easy. Remove the 2 front seats, remove 2 sub covers, and replace. I saved some sound deadening material from the Stage 1 install in case the sub will need it.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #158
3er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

That's an impressive subwoofer design to maximize excursion. FYI, I heard back from BAVSOUND and am aware that JNoSol is working with BAVSOUND as well. Can anyone confirm if you had issues *after* removing the rubber boot around the center channel speaker or did you mistakenly skip this step?

"I've done 20 or so F30/80 chassis cars at the shop here in LA and never had these issues, although I am seeing where a couple of guys have found the screws to be a bit too short. I suspect, however, that they're not removing the rubber boot from the midrange as instructed (it adds a bit of depth/width to the motor structure, but is purely aesthetic)... Alas, we may look further into this if we start to hear more about it, although with over 1,000 F30 kits sold last year and us never hearing about the screws being too short I'm not sure it's too big of an issue... Rock on!"
      01-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #159
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er View Post
That's an impressive subwoofer design to maximize excursion. FYI, I heard back from BAVSOUND and am aware that JNoSol is working with BAVSOUND as well. Can anyone confirm if you had issues *after* removing the rubber boot around the center channel speaker or did you mistakenly skip this step?

"I've done 20 or so F30/80 chassis cars at the shop here in LA and never had these issues, although I am seeing where a couple of guys have found the screws to be a bit too short. I suspect, however, that they're not removing the rubber boot from the midrange as instructed (it adds a bit of depth/width to the motor structure, but is purely aesthetic)... Alas, we may look further into this if we start to hear more about it, although with over 1,000 F30 kits sold last year and us never hearing about the screws being too short I'm not sure it's too big of an issue... Rock on!"
I remembered to remove the rubber boot.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #160
BitchinManWheels
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M4, Z4, X5, Raptor

Quote:

It will not fit with the rubber ring on the speaker. I forgot to take it off and tried for 30 min to put it in. The screws are not long enough because of the spacer and speaker.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 02:25 PM   #161
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I remembered to remove the rubber boot.
Ditto
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #162
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was being an idiot for a good 15min trying to make it fit, then realized to throw the rubber ring away. It was listed #2 on my tips and tricks. Also, I wish they would glue that felt ring for the door speakers so it doesn't get pinched. I should've spray tacky glue on the felt then stick it on the door to reduce the install time.

The screw is long enough, but you cannot over tighten. Just snug them in. I didn't buy longer screws for mine. It would be "nice" if they come with longer screws.

"#2 Center speaker: Remove the rubber ring around the magnet or it will not fit. You'll need the spacer that comes with it. Don't over tighten the screw or you'll strip it."
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #163
3er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
I was being an idiot for a good 15min trying to make it fit, then realized to throw the rubber ring away. It was listed #2 on my tips and tricks. Also, I wish they would glue that felt ring for the door speakers so it doesn't get pinched. I should've spray tacky glue on the felt then stick it on the door to reduce the install time.

The screw is long enough, but you cannot over tighten. Just snug them in. I didn't buy longer screws for mine. It would be "nice" if they come with longer screws.

"#2 Center speaker: Remove the rubber ring around the magnet or it will not fit. You'll need the spacer that comes with it. Don't over tighten the screw or you'll strip it."
Great tips, thanks. I wasn't quite satisfied with the response from Jason given the clarifications from many that the rubber boot was removed, according to the instructions.

"Thanks, Jason. I posted your response on the forum and it appears that the screws are long enough as long as one is *very* careful with just "snugging" them down. However, many confirmed that they did remove the rubber boot and still found the center channel screws to be a bit temperamental versus the other speakers/screws due to the use of the bracket. Can you provide the dimensions of the screw so that I can purchase some prior to me installing the system?"
      01-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #164
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Install should be easy. Remove the 2 front seats, remove 2 sub covers, and replace. I saved some sound deadening material from the Stage 1 install in case the sub will need it.
I got a ton left over.. Maybe I didn't use enough?!?! haha if it requires the removal of seats... Time to put this on the back burner until I save enough for Recaro seats and the sub.

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #165
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorwu120 View Post
I got a ton left over.. Maybe I didn't use enough?!?! haha if it requires the removal of seats... Time to put this on the back burner until I save enough for Recaro seats and the sub.
LOL. Our OEM seats are really nice. It takes 10min to remove the seats, I don't take the seat belts out. Just rock the seat back after the bolts are removed and there should be enough room to work on the sub.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #166
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
LOL. Our OEM seats are really nice. It takes 10min to remove the seats, I don't take the seat belts out. Just rock the seat back after the bolts are removed and there should be enough room to work on the sub.
Haha I'll let you do a DIY before I attempt it.. Our seats are nice but Recaros are !!! Maybe I should contact them haha and see if I can get a deal.

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #167
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorwu120 View Post
Haha I'll let you do a DIY before I attempt it.. Our seats are nice but Recaros are !!! Maybe I should contact them haha and see if I can get a deal.
I'm on the waiting list (form on their website). Recaros are nice. I'm guessing either you're not married or you have one of those rare understanding wife. Enjoy it while you can my friend.

I would be thrown out of the house if I spent money on Recaros seats.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #168
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Only thing I would worry about with the seats is if there are airbag connections. My experience is that if you unplug any of those connections while there is power (battery still attached), you will get an airbag error. This is not BMW specific, just on other cars I have dealt with.
      01-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #169
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm on the waiting list (form on their website). Recaros are nice. I'm guessing either you're not married or you have one of those rare understanding wife. Enjoy it while you can my friend.

I would be thrown out of the house if I spent money on Recaros seats.

Waiting list for the subs?? Haha remember I am only 21!~~ Too early to be married

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #170
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Only thing I would worry about with the seats is if there are airbag connections. My experience is that if you unplug any of those connections while there is power (battery still attached), you will get an airbag error. This is not BMW specific, just on other cars I have dealt with.
Don't unplug anything. Just remove the main bolts that hold the seats bracket to the floor, then find something to hold the seat up while you work on the speakers. See photo below. My wife spilled coffee on the passenger seats of my 6GC, I had to remove the seat bracket to clean the carpet and sub cover.
Attached Images

01-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #171
Manalope
Hello!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange M4, Ferrari 360

I back-ordered BAVSOUND Stage 1 for HK. Waiting on subwoofer options.

Why didn't BMW offer a better "Individual Audio" option like they did on the E92 M3?

Also... anyone know what kind of amp we have on the new M3/M4?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #172
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manalope
I back-ordered BAVSOUND Stage 1 for HK. Waiting on subwoofer options.

Why didn't BMW offer a better "Individual Audio" option like they did on the E92 M3?

Also... anyone know what kind of amp we have on the new M3/M4?
If you have HK, this came from their site:
"Harman Kardon Logic 7 Surround Sound System. Featuring 16-speakers and a600-watt DSP amplifier, the system fills the entire cabin with vibrant, concert-hall sounds."
You don't need a new amp with BavSound Stage 1. 99% of their customers will not upgrade the amp.
      01-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #173
JacobF80
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80-SO/SS

I also have the hk bav upgrade and looking for a sub option, just no car yet...

Anyone ever hear of these guys? http://musicarnw.com/oe-look-subwoof...-sedan-f30f80/

Personally I'd just like to replace the underseat subs. Found these, pioneers look great but probably not a direct fit to the 4 oem holes, focal's are $$$.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...nt/TS-SW2002D2

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8X2f0Ol...IFBMW-SUB.html
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #174
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobF80 View Post
I also have the hk bav upgrade and looking for a sub option, just no car yet...

Anyone ever hear of these guys? http://musicarnw.com/oe-look-subwoof...-sedan-f30f80/

Personally I'd just like to replace the underseat subs. Found these, pioneers look great but probably not a direct fit to the 4 oem holes, focal's are $$$.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...nt/TS-SW2002D2

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8X2f0Ol...IFBMW-SUB.html
BavSound Stage 1 sounds night and day difference from OEM. It should be enjoyable for months before you're itching to get more bass. I would wait for the BavSound Ghost Sub option (coming very soon). The trunk sub is tacky IMO. I'm not a big fan of mixing/matching speaker brands, that will require you to mess with EQ to make them play nice together. I like EQ to be flat, as it should for any high end system.

Get on the waiting list. More people sign up, quicker they'll release the product.

http://www.bavsound.com/Subwoofer-System/
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #175
JacobF80
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80-SO/SS

Quote:
BavSound Stage 1 sounds night and day difference from OEM. It should be enjoyable for months before you're itching to get more bass. I would wait for the BavSound Ghost Sub option (coming very soon). The trunk sub is tacky IMO. I'm not a big fan of mixing/matching speaker brands, that will require you to mess with EQ to make them play nice together. I like EQ to be flat, as it should for any high end system.

Get on the waiting list. More people sign up, quicker they'll release the product.

http://www.bavsound.com/Subwoofer-System/

Just signed up! I saw they were doing something but it's hard to upgrade everything and leave the 2 underseats subs alone... OCD... Do you (or anyone) know if these focal's fit? or the specs of the oem sub?

** is the bav sub going to be in the trunk?

Last edited by JacobF80; 01-10-2015 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: add comment
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #176
IMMLaw
Esq.
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

The only thing preventing me from doing this is finding a reputable shop in Houston to install it without screwing my car up or leaving rattles in my door.

Im not a DIY guy so it's out of the question to do it on my own - I am incapable
Appreciate 0