Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #903
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo_1092
Has everyone gotten their car yet???
No. Diff replaced in NJ, then shipped to Baltimore. All WOs in Baltimore are complete, but yet to be released to the carrier. Still stuck in purgatory. Past my 8 weeks and no delivery date in sight. Next week is probably realistic, with a slim chance of this week.
      09-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #904
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj View Post
Nope. She just arrived via boat in Long Beach today. She is getting delivered to my front door, so hopefully by the end of the week. I am excited but expecting something to delay it further. My production date was 31 May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamSP View Post
Not yet.... I am scheduled for PCD this Friday 9/9!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon View Post
No. Diff replaced in NJ, then shipped to Baltimore. All WOs in Baltimore are complete, but yet to be released to the carrier. Still stuck in purgatory. Past my 8 weeks and no delivery date in sight. Next week is probably realistic, with a slim chance of this week.
Sheesh...sorry guys.

Have you spoken with anyone at BMWNA yet? They're starting to compensate people for the delay, which is kind of a nice gesture.
      09-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #905
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

I've talked with BMW NA. They've actually come through pretty well on compensation, but most of that was related to my botched ED (pre diff issue). I did reserve the right to seek additional compensation if (when) they missed the delivery window. We'll see... I really just want the car and for the ordeal to be over.
      09-06-2016, 12:37 AM   #906
Vooj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4 ZCP

Compensation should be forthcoming to the tune of $2k for M Performance Parts although it doesn't make the excruciatingly long wait any better. I have a 4 day weekend this coming weekend, so hopefully she shows up by then.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 03:38 AM   #907
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 TRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj
Compensation should be forthcoming to the tune of $2k for M Performance Parts although it doesn't make the excruciatingly long wait any better. I have a 4 day weekend this coming weekend, so hopefully she shows up by then.
Did someone at BMWNA tell you the $2k number?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 03:40 AM   #908
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper
Quote:
Nope. She just arrived via boat in Long Beach today. She is getting delivered to my front door, so hopefully by the end of the week. I am excited but expecting something to delay it further. My production date was 31 May.
Quote:
Not yet.... I am scheduled for PCD this Friday 9/9!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon View Post
Sheesh...sorry guys.

Have you spoken with anyone at BMWNA yet? They're starting to compensate people for the delay, which is kind of a nice gesture.
BMWNA told me they will compensate, but won't talk numbers until I actually take redelivery. Overall, it's been 12 weeks for me since my ED.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #909
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
BMWNA told me they will compensate, but won't talk numbers until I actually take redelivery. Overall, it's been 12 weeks for me since my ED.
I'm sure they'll take care of you. I ended up being delayed 6 weeks in total, non-ED, and am satisfied with what they ended up doing for me.
      09-07-2016, 06:12 AM   #910
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
I have been told the same thing that they won't get into specifics until i get the car if that ever happens. They did tell me M Performance parts would likely be available but I am not sure on how much. I am not an ED but my car was finished production July 4th and just finally got to the port of September 2nd. Its now sitting waiting for a boat to Baltimore which the "genius" team says they don't know what the boat schedules are.

This whole thing has me wishing at times I bought a Vette but I know the M4 is a car I am going to love so I have to try and be patient.

Last edited by bb1857; 09-07-2016 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #911
Vooj
Private
Rep

Quote:
Did someone at BMWNA tell you the $2k number?
Yes, someone at BMW NA Customer relations gave me the number. The person said $1500 is the standard number for the M Perf Parts, but what I wanted was $1818, rounded to 2k for the install. The individual said that it would have to get run by the manager but shouldn't be an issue. We shall see what happens at the end.

Update on the car: It cleared customs and was discharged to the "liner." I think that means my carrier. My birthday is Monday, so I might have an awesome one. Getting from Long Beach to Sacramento should be pretty quick, especially since there is no dealership involved now.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:04 AM   #912
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, someone at BMW NA Customer relations gave me the number. The person said $1500 is the standard number for the M Perf Parts, but what I wanted was $1818, rounded to 2k for the install. The individual said that it would have to get run by the manager but shouldn't be an issue. We shall see what happens at the end.

Update on the car: It cleared customs and was discharged to the "liner." I think that means my carrier. My birthday is Monday, so I might have an awesome one. Getting from Long Beach to Sacramento should be pretty quick, especially since there is no dealership involved now.
Do you know what day your car arrived to the port? My car has been sitting there since last Friday and they have no clue when it will move again. Congrats also, I hope your car gets here quickly!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 09:02 PM   #913
Vooj
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857 View Post
Do you know what day your car arrived to the port? My car has been sitting there since last Friday and they have no clue when it will move again. Congrats also, I hope your car gets here quickly!
It arrived on the 4th of Sept and is with the carrier's truck now.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 12:10 PM   #914
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Finally took redelivery of my SO/SO F80 M3 at PCD!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Draper3460.50
      09-09-2016, 12:22 PM   #915
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Finally took redelivery of my SO/SO F80 M3 at PCD!
Congrats!

Car looks great.
      09-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #916
Vooj
Private
Rep

***Rage Vent Ahead***

So my bucket of fun continues...

My vehicle arrived at Long Beach on the 4th and was released to the carrier on the 9th. They didn't attempt to move it until the 14th...then the truck broke down. After the breakdown I didn't hear from the carrier again, so my guess is I might have it by mid next week.

Based on the Murphy's Law list of crap this car is going through, I honestly have no desire to keep it. At this point backing out would cost me $10k for payments and the deposit and likely involve a lawyer since the car is already completely paid for. I am literally pissed off at a inanimate object and can't wait to see what breaks first...after they replace the already messed up diff. I love ///M but I should have gotten a P car when my wife said to go for it. On the upside, I made payment number 3 yesterday and the car is only 2 months late. On top of that, giving up my E46 M3 means the driving experience is likely only better in the power department. BMW might have very well lost a lifetime fan as I have loved the cars since my childhood and owned 4. At this point my f*cks given is approaching zero and I would rather them keep it.

For rage sake, I wish you could drink at the gym.
Appreciate 0