Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

12-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
DOLO4ly
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Weird Throttle Problems - Valvetronic issue?

Hello Everyone, I have a 2013 335i RWD With the ZF8 AT. MHD Stage 1 with E30, BMS Intake and Charge Pipe, Bolt on muffler delete and coilovers.

As of today i started having some weird issues when accelerating and downshifting. I don't know if for some reason my brain decided to be extra critical of my car or not, however when I accelerate in manual mode and take my foot off the gas it seems like the revs climb another 1-200 RPMs before decel. I watched some videos i took a while ago, and it seems like it has always done this because i can here in the video when My diverter valve releases pressure and I saw the revs go up a little.

Aside from that, when i downshift the car doesn't sound as crisp anymore. It is very hard to explain but Instead of the crisp downshift sound i am used to it seems like a small amount of gas is being applied. Like Imagine before it sounded like an experienced driver rev matching, and now it sounds like a newbie downshifting at too high of a speed. I can also feel it. Instead of the little jerk and engine braking i'm used to, the car actually feels like it slightly accelerates when I downshift.

I have one shadow code, 135704 Valvetronic System: Warning threshold value, feedback control deviation exceeded.

I'm Not sure if the code is related, but i've never seen that code before, and i've never felt my car downshift like that before.

Please, any input or help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
Yodex
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sport-Line Sedan

I have the exact same car and mods done, same e30 stage 1 tune aswell, I get this code when my engine temp reaches midline and it also pops up when I’m tuned to 93oct, my bmw mechanic said it’s likely that it’s the eccentric shaft sensor starting to fail, mine doesn’t rev or anything like yours but revving from idle it sounds gargly, revs slower a bit and not normal, I get it everytime I’m tuned to 93 but I rarely get it when I’m on the e30 tune. I’m going to get it tested soon to see if it is the sensor or not, will keep updated what the issue is.
Appreciate 0