European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

01-07-2021, 01:15 PM   #23
F80GTS
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

[QUOTE=Mikez306;27093937]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80GTS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikez306 View Post
its was a little more then 4k that included everything that was needed new gaskets and fresh oil change.
Thats not too bad....considering what it would cost if you spin the nub....well worth it in my mind.
its def well worth it, it was actually the first thing i did to the car since i track the car i wanted.the piece of mind
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 10:40 PM   #24
osama11
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have a job in Mississauga, Let me know if you are interested will throw in a really good price.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 01:04 PM   #25
G80.6MT
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80M3 MT

In terms of the car, just a little bit of info,

I went to 4 Shanny open lapping days
3X Half Days
1X Full Day

Cayuga twice.

1X CSCS opening lapping Full Day
1x Test and Tune Drag day .

The car has BM23 Stage 2 for daily use, and for track days i dial it back down to the OEM CS map that BM3 offers, in terms of supporting mods i have DP and CP's and thats about it. So far the car has been great so issues as of yet.

But i decided to jump the gun here and order the SSR crank hub which is 1199.99 ( regualr price 1299.99) so we shall see how it goes
      01-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #26
G80.6MT
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80M3 MT

[QUOTE=F80GTS;27093908]
Quote:
its was a little more then 4k that included everything that was needed new gaskets and fresh oil change.

Yeah additional parts needed would be Oil pan gasket and oil pan bolts ( torque to yield) and additional fluids.
      01-09-2021, 04:08 PM   #27
Mikez306
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM.BETZY View Post
In terms of the car, just a little bit of info,

I went to 4 Shanny open lapping days
3X Half Days
1X Full Day

Cayuga twice.

1X CSCS opening lapping Full Day
1x Test and Tune Drag day .

The car has BM23 Stage 2 for daily use, and for track days i dial it back down to the OEM CS map that BM3 offers, in terms of supporting mods i have DP and CP's and thats about it. So far the car has been great so issues as of yet.

But i decided to jump the gun here and order the SSR crank hub which is 1199.99 ( regualr price 1299.99) so we shall see how it goes
Hmmm this has been tough trying to decide the best option....I still think I'm going with the VTT option at nearly $500 US less....with the CBC for $799. I think it will perform equally to the SSR piece.

Out of interest what did the car run at Cayuga?.....most people online seem to run 12.2 or so.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 07:20 AM   #28
Maxf80M3
Boost Addict
Canada
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the input, turn around time is important. But I am not sold on the SSR piece. I much prefer the splined VTT approach. Not only is the install easier, there's no drilling of the crank and splines handle torque much better than keyed style. At least that how I see it anyway.

I have heard nothing but good things about the SSR unit, there's no question that it works.......but I do not like the idea of taking metal out of the crankshaft, these cranks are balanced so delicately I prefer to leave it be.
Then speak with Ivo in my above post, he is one of the shops that VTT recommends to install their turbos.
When I had my upgraded turbos/ spline solution Installed VTT didnt have anyone "recommended " up here . This was just a few months ago .

Bavarian Auto in Pickering (Marshall) was awesome. They have don't all of my performance work flawlessly . Fair and honest
      02-06-2021, 11:32 AM   #29
twoface_f82
Rep
Drives: 2018 f82 M4

Hi I just got my crank hub done by europeanautomive out in Oakville, the parts took around 2-3 days to arrive and about 1 and a half days to install. The price was around $4200

Also* I have the SSR crankhub, it comes with a oil change for free like it should at any real reliable place, unlike what that other user was saying about the shop he went to charging him for it
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 09:06 AM   #30
garyE92
Rep
Drives: Bmw e46 Bmw e92 335 new f82

Quote:
Hi georgost

I have debated this myself. Most of what I have read is that you are unlikely to experience a spun crank hub on a near stock car. Especially if you go with VTT bolt capture option. It does seem like the majority of these spun hubs occur from the crank bolt loosening over time due to harmonic vibrations of the crankshaft.

The reason why I'm opting to do this is simply because I have learned the hard way about these Achilles Heels that seem to plague most of BMW's engine platforms. I had an N54 powered 335 which I loved for many years, always did the maintenance on etc. One of the known issues on those motors was that belt breakage could lead to catastrophic engine failure (the belt gets pulled into the engine, through the timing chain and into the oil pan)....There's also a fix for this, but I figured "what are the odds", I changed my belt everyone year just to be safe" and it still happened to me and I lost an engine.

This time i'm going with the better safe then sorry approach.

So ironic I ran my 335 at 606whp for 2 years and I didn't change the belt once and I owned the car for 7 years, I think its all about luck and if your willing to ride your luck go that way but its always better to be safe than sorry
Appreciate 0