Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

04-18-2019, 07:58 PM   #2267
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
What dinan stuff are you adding? What mods do you have right now?
Right now I just have the M Performance CF bling stuff: mirror caps, splitter and spoiler. And then the AA midpipe to a Remus axle back. Which reminds me, I have to sell my M Performance exhaust, I hate doing that shit.

As we talked, I'm going to do the MP HAS kit. And then basically all of the Dinan suspension stuff. Which is their front tension strut ball joint kit, rear suspension link kit and their adjustable roll bar kit. I had a similar setup on my GT350 (different vendor/manufacturer) and I absolutely loved it. There was no flex under hard acceleration, braking and hard track cornering. It really settled the car down/gives a lot more mechanical grip while giving that great connected feeling. I'm really hoping this does the same. I'm going to a track up north this year that has 150 mph straight into a high very speed long sweeper. This setup with my 763m Cup 2s will hopefully give me a wider safety/confidence margin. It is the hope anyway. I might also hit Road America in Wisconsin which is another very high speed track.

I'm going to switch to track pads on the stock iron brakes and see how they do. I figure if CanAutM3 can't get them to fade, I should be ok there.

The only reason I'm going the Dinan suspension stuff is the BMW dealer I'm getting everything done at is a Dinan dealer to and they are giving a pretty good deal on the parts/install. Some of the labor overlaps if you do it all at once so you save quite few hours/$$$ there. They also have gotten very positive reviews on their suspension kit from what I have read. The dealer said aside from them selling it they really like it and have most of it on their own track cars.

I really want to do the Carbahn tune. Heart says go for it, head says fuck no. I wonder if that is how Lups feels all the time.
Appreciate 1
Wah2778.50
      04-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #2268
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Right now I just have the M Performance CF bling stuff: mirror caps, splitter and spoiler. And then the AA midpipe to a Remus axle back. Which reminds me, I have to sell my M Performance exhaust, I hate doing that shit.

As we talked, I'm going to do the MP HAS kit. And then basically all of the Dinan suspension stuff. Which is their front tension strut ball joint kit, rear suspension link kit and their adjustable roll bar kit. I had a similar setup on my GT350 (different vendor/manufacturer) and I absolutely loved it. There was no flex under hard acceleration, braking and hard track cornering. It really settled the car down/gives a lot more mechanical grip while giving that great connected feeling. I'm really hoping this does the same. I'm going to a track up north this year that has 150 mph straight into a high very speed long sweeper. This setup with my 763m Cup 2s will hopefully give me a wider safety/confidence margin. It is the hope anyway. I might also hit Road America in Wisconsin which is another very high speed track.

I'm going to switch to track pads on the stock iron brakes and see how they do. I figure if CanAutM3 can't get them to fade, I should be ok there.

The only reason I'm going the Dinan suspension stuff is the BMW dealer I'm getting everything done at is a Dinan dealer to and they are giving a pretty good deal on the parts/install. Some of the labor overlaps if you do it all at once so you save quite few hours/$$$ there. They also have gotten very positive reviews on their suspension kit from what I have read. The dealer said aside from them selling it they really like it and have most of it on their own track cars.

I really want to do the Carbahn tune. Heart says go for it, head says fuck no. I wonder if that is how Lups feels all the time.
Brakes are overrated. The less you brake, the faster you are

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
Lups11819.50
GrussGott18113.00
      04-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #2269
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Brakes are overrated. The less you brake, the faster you are
In my motorcycle days, (both motocross and street), I had a buddy that always said no brakes, more gas!
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321104.50
      04-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #2270
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Lups, it has been awhile since I posted a pic of her. 10 month old Kira. Tired for once.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Lups11819.50
Arcades8136.50
Joekerr7926.00
GrussGott18113.00
      04-18-2019, 11:40 PM   #2271
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:

To be honest, I been thinking of a small stage 1 Dinan. The only reason why I haven't done so it's because of the $$. I don't see the reason for the price lol. I am also thinking of adding KW Front Control Arms but haven't done so yet.

btw Minn since I know you looked at the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV cars. One known dealership here, a Rusnak that had an Alfa Romeo branch apparently had so much trouble selling their cars they removed the entire inventory along with any hints of it being Maserati/Alfa Romeo online lol. Then today, I was driving my father home from work I found out where Rusnak threw all of their Alfa Romeo inventory to. There is this large parking lot near a US Postal Office. I saw their ENTIRE inventory there lol. Just rows of them sitting in the lot, it was actually kind of sad.

Then there is the other solo Alfa Romeo dealership in Glendale that has 5+ Giulia QVs all 2018s they cannot move.

P.S. I find all the whining of the new G20 3er funny. I don't mind admitting though I don't think the G80/G82 would be as good looking compared to the F80/F82.
minn1913970.00
      04-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #2272
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
To be honest, I been thinking of a small stage 1 Dinan. The only reason why I haven't done so it's because of the $$. I don't see the reason for the price lol. I am also thinking of adding KW Front Control Arms but haven't done so yet.

btw Minn since I know you looked at the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV cars. One known dealership here, a Rusnak that had an Alfa Romeo branch apparently had so much trouble selling their cars they removed the entire inventory along with any hints of it being Maserati/Alfa Romeo online lol. Then today, I was driving my father home from work I found out where Rusnak threw all of their Alfa Romeo inventory to. There is this large parking lot near a US Postal Office. I saw their ENTIRE inventory there lol. Just rows of them sitting in the lot, it was actually kind of sad.

Then there is the other solo Alfa Romeo dealership in Glendale that has 5+ Giulia QVs all 2018s they cannot move.

P.S. I find all the whining of the new G20 3er funny. I don't mind admitting though I don't think the G80/G82 would be as good looking compared to the F80/F82.
I was curious so I looked at the AR dealers inventory I was going to buy the QV from. They still have 5 2018s left. They've only sold 3-4 of them in 8-9 months, ouch. This is what I was afraid of that they wouldn't catch on in the US market and will leave again. It's looking like it might be heading that way.

The G20/soon to be G80 look fine to me. But, they just look like a smaller (by not much) 5 series now. The F series may be the last distinct looking 3/4s from the rest of the lineup.

The reason I wouldn't go with Dinan and would Carbahn if tuned isn't just cost. I like the idea of flash tune over somebody wiring a box into my car. For some reason I feel like there could be more problems with that down the road. I realize software updates etc can be bad to though. Then the kicker is Carbahn offers Dinan Stage 3 power with a warranty for $1750. To get the same power out of the Dinan Stage 3 it is about 7-9k because they make you get their FMIC, CF cold air intake and exhaust. You can get it without the rest of it (except the FMIC I believe), but they won't guarantee or it won't make the power they are advertising.

Last edited by minn19; 04-19-2019 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
Arcades8136.50
      04-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #2273
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Arcades, I was curious so I just priced out a stage 3 Dinan tune. If you do it they way they recommend it, it will probably be close to 11k (12k if you add their xpipe) after taxes and install. That is a lot of $$$. I guess I don't see why you wouldn't just get a BM3 tune for $600 or so and just pocket the rest in case something goes wrong. Even if the dreaded SCH happens it look like at most it has cost people 2-4k to fix it.

I'm also focused on their stage 3 tune because most tunes can easily match that output. But, if you want a 50 state emission legal warrantable/install and forget about it tune, I can see the draw to Dinan's tunes.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8136.50
      04-19-2019, 11:42 AM   #2274
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Arcades, I was curious so I just priced out a stage 3 Dinan tune. If you do it they way they recommend it, it will probably be close to 11k (12k if you add their xpipe) after taxes and install. That is a lot of $$$. I guess I don't see why you wouldn't just get a BM3 tune for $600 or so and just pocket the rest in case something goes wrong. Even if the dreaded SCH happens it look like at most it has cost people 2-4k to fix it.

I'm also focused on their stage 3 tune because most tunes can easily match that output. But, if you want a 50 state emission legal warrantable/install and forget about it tune, I can see the draw to Dinan's tunes.
Quote:
I was curious so I looked at the AR dealers inventory I was going to buy the QV from. They still have 5 2018s left. They've only sold 3-4 of them in 8-9 months, ouch. This is what I was afraid of that they wouldn't catch on in the US market and will leave again. It's looking like it might be heading that way.

The G20/soon to be G80 look fine to me. But, they just look like a smaller (by not much) 5 series now. The F series may be the last distinct looking 3/4s from the rest of the lineup.

The reason I wouldn't go with Dinan and would Carbahn if tuned isn't just cost. I like the idea of flash tune over somebody wiring a box into my car. For some reason I feel like there could be more problems with that down the road. I realize software updates etc can be bad to though. Then the kicker is Carbahn offers Dinan Stage 3 power with a warranty for $1750. To get the same power out of the Dinan Stage 3 it is about 7-9k because they make you get their FMIC, CF cold air intake and exhaust. You can get it without the rest of it (except the FMIC I believe), but they won't guarantee or it won't make the power they are advertising.
Holy crap lol.

I remembered it being expensive but I didn't realized it was that damn expensive. The thing is like. I don't mind flash but the old saying of you pay to play and stuff. It is harder to hide a flash and I still do not believe that dealerships cannot detect it. Until I actually get evidence to the contrary that is generally how I tackle things. With a HP/Torq bump, it would be pretty obvious by looking at certain things, least that's what I think about it.

My personal thoughts on AR is pretty much how the average buyers are when it comes to US wise now. Brands like Caddy, AR, Jaguar no longer can sell cars just because... their brand carries no weight. There isn't anything they can do to change how buyers foresee these brands. Just because Motor Trend or Car and Driver (both magazines who just want every car in the world to be a sports car) says great things about Giulia, doesn't mean average people will buy it. The "exotic Italian brand" thing isn't really going to hold any weight anymore.

I remember reading some where when a reporter asked some VW executive about if they still want a sports brand like Alfa Romeo, the executive said "We already have them." lol. Can't go wrong with Porsche, Audi and Lambo :P
minn1913970.00
      04-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #2275
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Holy crap lol.

I remembered it being expensive but I didn't realized it was that damn expensive. The thing is like. I don't mind flash but the old saying of you pay to play and stuff. It is harder to hide a flash and I still do not believe that dealerships cannot detect it. Until I actually get evidence to the contrary that is generally how I tackle things. With a HP/Torq bump, it would be pretty obvious by looking at certain things, least that's what I think about it.

My personal thoughts on AR is pretty much how the average buyers are when it comes to US wise now. Brands like Caddy, AR, Jaguar no longer can sell cars just because... their brand carries no weight. There isn't anything they can do to change how buyers foresee these brands. Just because Motor Trend or Car and Driver (both magazines who just want every car in the world to be a sports car) says great things about Giulia, doesn't mean average people will buy it. The "exotic Italian brand" thing isn't really going to hold any weight anymore.

I remember reading some where when a reporter asked some VW executive about if they still want a sports brand like Alfa Romeo, the executive said "We already have them." lol. Can't go wrong with Porsche, Audi and Lambo :P
I believe any tune is detectable by BMW if they really want to know. So if I do tune, I'm under the assumption that I have no warranty for the drivetrain. Unless of course you go with Dinan or Carbahn. This is also assuming they come through on it if you need it.

I wonder what AR's US strategy was for coming over here? Sedan sales have been declining here forever and there are only so many buyers for really expensive high powered RWD ones. Which, as we all know here, MB and BMW have a hammer lock on that market. It is a great car, but I didn't and apparently a lot of others don't think it is great enough to take the risk and jump brands.

I was gonna say I hope the Stelvio is doing better, but that same dealer has 8 regular ones and one Stelvio QV left over 18s at 8-9k off. Holy shit, that is a lot left over this late in the year.

I agree the "badge" cache is pretty much dead in this day and age. The only ones that really command any of that old type of status is Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston etc. No offense to your Macan, but I think Porsche is even starting lose it. I see so many Cayennes/Macans running around now that it is common place to a Porsche. For us in the midwest that used to be a relative rare site and would stop me in my tracks if I saw one in my younger years.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #2276
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I believe any tune is detectable by BMW if they really want to know. So if I do tune, I'm under the assumption that I have no warranty for the drivetrain. Unless of course you go with Dinan or Carbahn. This is also assuming they come through on it if you need it.

I wonder what AR's US strategy was for coming over here? Sedan sales have been declining here forever and there are only so many buyers for really expensive high powered RWD ones. Which, as we all know here, MB and BMW have a hammer lock on that market. It is a great car, but I didn't and apparently a lot of others don't think it is great enough to take the risk and jump brands.

I was gonna say I hope the Stelvio is doing better, but that same dealer has 8 regular ones and one Stelvio QV left over 18s at 8-9k off. Holy shit, that is a lot left over this late in the year.

I agree the "badge" cache is pretty much dead in this day and age. The only ones that really command any of that old type of status is Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston etc. No offense to your Macan, but I think Porsche is even starting lose it. I see so many Cayennes/Macans running around now that it is common place to a Porsche. For us in the midwest that used to be a relative rare site and would stop me in my tracks if I saw one in my younger years.
None taken.

Honestly, I see too many people whine about Porsche's "devolve" and crap but I'm sure you know, any company needs profit margin. Without the Cayanne and Macan, Porsche would be in utter trouble with how damn popular SUVs are. Porsche won't stay aloft with just 911s. The if there is a brand that can make a SUV exciting it would definitely be Porsche. Albeit... only the base Macan has good mileage. Every other SUV in Porsche's line-up sucks when it comes to MPG (ask me how I know). Not to mention the two SUVs are the best way Porsche can do to introduce new people to the brand. It is the best way to do it actually. Would I get a 911 GT3? Perhaps if I can stomach the electronic gremlins Porsche seem to give you.

I think the Stelvio is doing better but, one car isn't going to save AR. Maybe that is why they are pushing the smaller SUV asap but just like Jag, one SUV type isn't going to save the brand. (aka F-Pace) For me however, the problem with Alfa Romeo isn't the brand, its just how FCA goes about it's business. Maserati brand is doing even worse. FCA doesn't do any of it's brands that should do better justice, and that isn't much you can do when the top people kind of blow chunks. (Remember GM...? lol)

It's getting increasingly rare for people to jump brands now a days. You buy BMW, Benz, Lexus etc you probably would just stay with the brand. Granted, Toyota is pretty smart because, you buy enough Toyota cars, they start emailing you trying to move you into a Lexus. My father has been getting Lexus emails lol.

Also, got my Euro CS tail lights installed! No more random dead bug in tail light.

Last edited by Arcades; 04-19-2019 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      04-20-2019, 10:06 AM   #2277
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
None taken.

Honestly, I see too many people whine about Porsche's "devolve" and crap but I'm sure you know, any company needs profit margin. Without the Cayanne and Macan, Porsche would be in utter trouble with how damn popular SUVs are. Porsche won't stay aloft with just 911s. The if there is a brand that can make a SUV exciting it would definitely be Porsche. Albeit... only the base Macan has good mileage. Every other SUV in Porsche's line-up sucks when it comes to MPG (ask me how I know). Not to mention the two SUVs are the best way Porsche can do to introduce new people to the brand. It is the best way to do it actually. Would I get a 911 GT3? Perhaps if I can stomach the electronic gremlins Porsche seem to give you.

I think the Stelvio is doing better but, one car isn't going to save AR. Maybe that is why they are pushing the smaller SUV asap but just like Jag, one SUV type isn't going to save the brand. (aka F-Pace) For me however, the problem with Alfa Romeo isn't the brand, its just how FCA goes about it's business. Maserati brand is doing even worse. FCA doesn't do any of it's brands that should do better justice, and that isn't much you can do when the top people kind of blow chunks. (Remember GM...? lol)

It's getting increasingly rare for people to jump brands now a days. You buy BMW, Benz, Lexus etc you probably would just stay with the brand. Granted, Toyota is pretty smart because, you buy enough Toyota cars, they start emailing you trying to move you into a Lexus. My father has been getting Lexus emails lol.

Also, got my Euro CS tail lights installed! No more random dead bug in tail light.
Trust me I don't begrudge any company (legally) doing what they have to do product wise to survive. I get it, I'm sure the Cayenne, Macan and Panamera saved Porsche from most likely going away. I agree with you, I don't think they could survive either on just a 911/Cayman line up.

Same with BMW, I'm not a big fan of the direction they are going, but they have to do what they have to survive in the changing market. People want big heavy (soon to be all hybrid or electric) autonomous SUVs.

That's what does suck though about AR most likely not making it in the US or elsewhere. It is good to have competition and I'm convinced it pushed BMW to get off their ass and make better products (ZCP, CS etc).
Appreciate 1
Arcades8136.50
      04-20-2019, 01:27 PM   #2278
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Well that sucked (((myzmak))). That looked like a typical MN Wild playoff run.

I’m rooting for the Islanders now to win it.
Appreciate 2
Lups11819.50
myzmak2415.00
      04-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #2279
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Wah let me know when you get to LA!

Have fun in Utah.

P.S. Havne't been to Joshua Tree in a long time. Last time I remembered about it... I was hyper bored but I was also very young :P
      04-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #2280
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Hey hotties, what's up? Hope all are well ...

Hey, I need a ruling: track stickers on your car of tracks the car never ran on.

or
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
Lups11819.50
      04-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #2281
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

Hey, I need a ruling: track stickers on your car of tracks the car never ran on.

or
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      04-22-2019, 08:44 PM   #2282
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Yeah, yeah, we've all seen your schwarzschild radius dude, now answer the question!
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #2283
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, yeah, we've all seen your schwarzschild radius dude, now answer the question!
It's quite an event on the horizon
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
GrussGott18113.00
      04-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #2284
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

or
What kind of track stickers are we talking about? The giant ass ones on your door or what?

Also, Hi!
      04-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #2285
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
I've seen two different cars this month with the big white lettering on the side of the tire, like they used to do with NASCAR. Thought it looked pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #2286
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

or
Hey dude! Doing good, how was your latest top secret mission?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #2287
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It's quite an event on the horizon

Quote:
I've seen two different cars this month with the big white lettering on the side of the tire, like they used to do with NASCAR. Thought it looked pretty cool.
A lot of the GT350/Mustang guys really like doing this.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 09:24 PM   #2288
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey dude! Doing good, how was your latest top secret mission?
Mildly successful! Thanks for asking.

Here's the car in question, although I'm trying not to call out any members:

but this car did not drive those tracks, and one of them the driver has never been to. It would've never occurred to me to put track stickers on my car that I haven't been to - it's like putting an "m" on a 330 for me ... mmmmaaaayyyyybe if the car did the track and you didn't, but if the car AND you?? no. just you and not the car? no.
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00