Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2019, 04:18 AM   #1
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

USB cable does not work

the glovebox usb does not connect, when I connect my iphone 7 it starts to connect and disconnect continuously.
I tried to change cable but the problem persists.

Has anyone had any similar problem?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 05:25 AM   #2
Encanto
Major
Encanto's Avatar
414
Rep
1,099
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Search is your friend: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1615098
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Thanks for your reply, but it's not my case, my usb port is the stock I not added it.

I have tried different cables, new original iphone cable, and many others from diferent brands and nothing works.

The phone is continuosly connect and disconnect.

Can anyone helpme?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #4
Encanto
Major
Encanto's Avatar
414
Rep
1,099
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergl View Post
Thanks for your reply, but it's not my case, my usb port is the stock I not added it.

I have tried different cables, new original iphone cable, and many others from diferent brands and nothing works.

The phone is continuosly connect and disconnect.

Can anyone helpme?
The OEM glovebox USB is to transfer data, not to play any device.

Again, search is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 06:39 AM   #5
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Sure? It works in the past for me. I connect the iphone to the usb with BMW app and Spotify can be played with the NAV.

It's doesn't work with bluetooth.

Thanks again for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
The OEM glovebox USB is to transfer data, not to play any device.

Again, search is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 12:11 AM   #6
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergl View Post
Sure? It works in the past for me. I connect the iphone to the usb with BMW app and Spotify can be played with the NAV.

It's doesn't work with bluetooth.

Thanks again for your reply.
Any idea about this issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #7
Encanto
Major
Encanto's Avatar
414
Rep
1,099
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Did you get this M4 new or used? Does the center console USB work?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #8
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Did you get this M4 new or used? Does the center console USB work?
This M4 is not new but I'm sure that usb cable worked in the past. With my iphone connected to the usb cable I used spotify in the Navigator. Is posible that the usb connector is broken?

How I said, when I plug the cable, the phone is connecting and disconnecting continuosly

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #9
Encanto
Major
Encanto's Avatar
414
Rep
1,099
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergl View Post
This M4 is not new but I'm sure that usb cable worked in the past. With my iphone connected to the usb cable I used spotify in the Navigator. Is posible that the usb connector is broken?

How I said, when I plug the cable, the phone is connecting and disconnecting continuosly

Thanks
That USB port was retrofitted by past owner, it is not factory.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #10
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
That USB port was retrofitted by past owner, it is not factory.
But it works with NAV? I used it
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #11
Encanto
Major
Encanto's Avatar
414
Rep
1,099
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergl View Post
But it works with NAV? I used it
There is coding applied to retrofit that USB in the glovebox -either the coding was erased or the cable is defective.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 11:54 PM   #12
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
There is coding applied to retrofit that USB in the glovebox -either the coding was erased or the cable is defective.
Thanks for your reply, Is posible that I check the it? I have ISTA/D. There are any tutorial about this retrofit?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:01 AM   #13
r0wr
Second Lieutenant
203
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: Beater
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Your port is broken. I had the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:03 AM   #14
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
Your port is broken. I had the same issue.
I can change this part? true. What is the part number for F82?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #15
karlskry
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 Silverstone/Sakhir
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Pittsburgh Pa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
Your port is broken. I had the same issue.
just had my console USB port replaced under warranty
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #16
undergl
New Member
undergl's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone guide me to the correct part number? I have no warranty and I would like to change the usb port.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST