GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-20-2020, 08:49 PM   #23
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
OP, you mind sharing the part number of the Euro V1 springs you bought? I’m on Swifts right now and the bounciness is going to get old real fast. Appreciate it and car looks great!
Part# E10-20-031-09-22

I'm telling you if you haven't coded in the M3 CS please do that, you might find the Swift acceptable at that point. But if you have passengers in the car regularly, then it just won't cut it. But if you just want to swap and don't mind, you won't be disappointed. I think the ZCP coding + Swift is very rigid feeling, and I def didn't like that in any mode but comfort. Now I can enjoy Eibach in all settings depending on road conditions. And even if I'm in sport+ it's still acceptable with less than acceptable roads. Even with Eibach I recommend M3 CS coding!

JD
Appreciate 2
Rahul718144.00
sly1types426.50
      05-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #24
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Got it, thanks. I've never liked the 666 so now I have one more reason to move to 19s and improve the ride.

Yes, thanks. San Marino Blue on Amaro. Love the color.
I hate hating on things, but they are my least favorite F8x wheel. I think the 513M look great, if there was a 19" version forget about it . I love the 437M a lot as well. Something about the 666M isn't my favorite, unless it is the darker version. But that exterior color and interior color ! And 19" and meaty tires will make your car transform in look!

JD
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 09:25 PM   #25
BananaSlug
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mk7 GTI → F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDE92M3 View Post
Part# E10-20-031-09-22

I'm telling you if you haven't coded in the M3 CS please do that, you might find the Swift acceptable at that point. But if you have passengers in the car regularly, then it just won't cut it. But if you just want to swap and don't mind, you won't be disappointed. I think the ZCP coding + Swift is very rigid feeling, and I def didn't like that in any mode but comfort. Now I can enjoy Eibach in all settings depending on road conditions. And even if I'm in sport+ it's still acceptable with less than acceptable roads. Even with Eibach I recommend M3 CS coding!

JD
How did you do the CS coding and how much it cost?

Last edited by BananaSlug; 05-20-2020 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      05-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #26
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSlug View Post
How did you do the CS coding and how much it cost?
No many others on the forums offer this service. I chose Alex Alpine because he did my engine tune, and happily did the M3 CS EDC coding. And I would ask him the cost I don't want to misquote anything. It's not expensive at all, but it makes a great change in how the car copes with roads and imperfections.

JD
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #27
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

BUMP! I posted the youtube video up, which should really help answer a lot of questions and give you a great visual.

JD
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 11:37 PM   #28
coxxoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 CP

I have a ZCP with the Eibach v1s and M3 CS coding. The ride is more comfortable than with stock zcp springs with CS coding. There are some brick surfaces on my commutes that confirm the ride quality improvement.

I wrote a thread to do the coding in the DIY section of the forum.
Appreciate 2
JDE92M3874.00
Daveneezy109.50
      05-21-2020, 12:01 AM   #29
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxxoc View Post
I have a ZCP with the Eibach v1s and M3 CS coding. The ride is more comfortable than with stock zcp springs with CS coding. There are some brick surfaces on my commutes that confirm the ride quality improvement.

I wrote a thread to do the coding in the DIY section of the forum.
That’s awesome to hear, glad I’m not the only one! And it really makes the car more enjoyable, and it maintains that dual purpose demeanor the M3 is known for

JD
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 02:38 AM   #30
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Great review and cool video!

I ran the Eibach Euro V1s with CS coding for about a year and it's a great set it and forget it setup.

I recently switched over to M Performance HAS and it's even better, if you guys can spend the extra I suggest you go straight to the MPHAS kit.
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      05-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #31
terreh
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Got any close up shots of the new wheel gap after they’ve settled?
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      05-24-2020, 01:00 AM   #32
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
Great review and cool video!

I ran the Eibach Euro V1s with CS coding for about a year and it's a great set it and forget it setup.

I recently switched over to M Performance HAS and it's even better, if you guys can spend the extra I suggest you go straight to the MPHAS kit.
Appreciate the feedback, can’t say I’ve tried the MP HAS. So if it’s better than this I would be very impressed. Awesome thanks for the info! And funny I say the same thing when describing the Eibach + CS coding, "set it and forget it!"

JD

Last edited by JDE92M3; 05-24-2020 at 01:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 01:32 AM   #33
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terreh View Post
Got any close up shots of the new wheel gap after they’ve settled?
This is what I got on my laptop now, I'll take some more soon! Hope this helps

Name:  IMG_7481.jpg
Views: 1478
Size:  559.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7480.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  575.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7721.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  318.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7718.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  275.6 KB

JD
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2020, 09:47 PM   #34
Daveneezy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

So I finally got my springs installed and an alignment done. I have only driven about 50 miles since and I am hoping that the springs settle a bit more. The front wheel gap is reduced, but there is still slightly more gap than I'd like. The rear is lower than the front, similar to the stock zcp stance. I honestly cannot tell the slightest difference in ride quality from stock, if anything it's better. The car isn't bouncy and I almost always ride in sport plus. I also don't drive a ton and the majority of my driving is on nice roads/highways. I also did 12mm spacers up front and 10mm in back. I'll post pics again if there is more settling in the weeks to come. Overall I am happy with the drop and I will be adding a lip soon, I think that's reason enough to not go any lower. I do want that OEM plus look, and I'm pretty much there.

Before:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 09:48 PM   #35
Daveneezy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

After
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 01:31 AM   #36
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveneezy View Post
After
Hey man I feel like I honestly can see the difference. And to me it is kind of a known fact that these springs don't claim to be an aggressive drop. So I'm not sure what look you were trying to achieve. I mean you could've even had the Eibach US version and had a more lowered look. Then obviously other makes that go even lower. But for me these springs checked my priority of a good look and great ride. Another reason it's more noticeable is due to your tire size. I have a thicker profile so that tightens up the gap. I had Swift springs and they had a betterish look, but the ride was ehhh compared to now!

JD
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 06:42 AM   #37
Daveneezy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Don't get me wrong, I do see the difference. The stance and wheel gap is definitely better. I think I'm at about 100 miles since install, settling a hair lower on the front would be perfect imo. The US spec Eibach lowers the front more than I want based on pics I've seen. I'm definitely happy as the ride quality is awesome. If I had to chose again, I'd still go this route. This setup is the best In terms of keeping the EDC compliant, lack of bouncing, oem ride quality, oem plus appearance and cost. Also, a great shop to check out in CT is Munich Motorsports, they are top notch. I'll definitely be using them for any future mods.
Appreciate 2
      06-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #38
OtisF80M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thanks for posting this review. This was really helpful. I've been on the fence about getting lowering springs and which ones to go with. BTW Don't hesitate to contact Alex at Alpine to get your coding done. I recently had him code CS EDC and GTS steering/diff. He's a standup guy.
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      06-12-2020, 08:37 PM   #39
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

Interesting journey you took to get there in the end.

I had an F80 M3 Competition in 2017. It was rattly, uncomfortable and felt uneasy at speed. The suspension felt horrible. That said, I wanted to get rid of the wheel gap so I added HR Super Sport springs. It for worse.

6 months later I bought the M3 CS, which funily enough, uses base spec springs, not competition springs. It was like night and day. Compliant, smooth, even if sport plus. Rebound was also nice with no ‘jiggle’. Perfect really.

Then I wanted to drop the car, the springs in the front specifically as the CS has the biggest week gap known to man due to the staggered setup. I landed on the Eibach V1 and only replaced the front springs. The result was excellent. Zero change to ride, perfect drop.
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      06-13-2020, 01:28 AM   #40
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveneezy View Post
Don't get me wrong, I do see the difference. The stance and wheel gap is definitely better. I think I'm at about 100 miles since install, settling a hair lower on the front would be perfect imo. The US spec Eibach lowers the front more than I want based on pics I've seen. I'm definitely happy as the ride quality is awesome. If I had to chose again, I'd still go this route. This setup is the best In terms of keeping the EDC compliant, lack of bouncing, oem ride quality, oem plus appearance and cost. Also, a great shop to check out in CT is Munich Motorsports, they are top notch. I'll definitely be using them for any future mods.
Awesome man great to hear. The car does need a little to settle for sure. But the ride and compliance is what really sets it apart for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisF80M3 View Post
Thanks for posting this review. This was really helpful. I've been on the fence about getting lowering springs and which ones to go with. BTW Don't hesitate to contact Alex at Alpine to get your coding done. I recently had him code CS EDC and GTS steering/diff. He's a standup guy.
Alex Alpine did my coding and I have his reliable and fast stage 2+ tune! And really glad you found the video helpful.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2020, 01:33 AM   #41
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

I had an F80 M3 Competition in 2017. It was rattly, uncomfortable and felt uneasy at speed. The suspension felt horrible. That said, I wanted to get rid of the wheel gap so I added HR Super Sport springs. It for worse.

6 months later I bought the M3 CS, which funily enough, uses base spec springs, not competition springs. It was like night and day. Compliant, smooth, even if sport plus. Rebound was also nice with no ‘jiggle’. Perfect really.

Then I wanted to drop the car, the springs in the front specifically as the CS has the biggest week gap known to man due to the staggered setup. I landed on the Eibach V1 and only replaced the front springs. The result was excellent. Zero change to ride, perfect drop.
And that is why I tell everyone, although it is hard to convince. That simple coding of M3 CS EDC damper settings makes a world of difference in compliance. As for Swift although they work the way they manage jarring bumps was a deal breaker for me. It literally cheapened my F80 experience. Now with the Eibach V1 I feel like I got the best of both worlds. Still enjoy driving and not puckering up every indent in the road lol. And love how we had similar journeys, but yours is a little more epic being an actual CS haha. And that's the other thing on my Swift only comfort was acceptable, after that it was just too much stiffness for OEM dampers. With the Eibach I genuinely enjoy all EDC modes.

JD
Appreciate 1
elisiX687.00
      06-13-2020, 01:38 AM   #42
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDE92M3 View Post
Quote:

And that is why I tell everyone, although it is hard to convince. That simple coding of M3 CS EDC damper settings makes a world of difference in compliance. As for Swift although they work the way they manage jarring bumps was a deal breaker for me. It literally cheapened my F80 experience. Now with the Eibach V1 I feel like I got the best of both worlds. Still enjoy driving and not puckering up every indent in the road lol. And love how we had similar journeys, but yours is a little more epic being an actual CS haha. And that's the other thing on my Swift only comfort was acceptable, after that it was just too much stiffness for OEM dampers. With the Eibach I genuinely enjoy all EDC modes.

JD
I think the point here is that you don't need a CS.

You just take these learning from both of us and pair the Eibach V1 with CS mapping.

It's just the right balance before going to coil overs.

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 01:27 AM   #43
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think the point here is that you don't need a CS.

You just take these learning from both of us and pair the Eibach V1 with CS mapping.

It's just the right balance before going to coil overs.
100% agreed!

JD
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #44
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

what is the difference between the euro V1 and current USA version which i thinks is V2?
F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 0