EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

06-24-2020, 01:54 AM   #45
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
what is the difference between the euro V1 and current USA version which i thinks is V2?
The main difference will be front and rear ride height, front lip/bumper clearance and ride comfort.

JD
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 11:15 PM   #46
gnarf
Rep
Drives: 2013 FR-S

Great content. Im still on the fence with swifts as i dont have many passengers. Did you scrape your front lip with the swifts? Is it much better with the v1s?
Appreciate 2
Daveneezy109.50
JDE92M3874.00
      08-13-2020, 08:20 AM   #47
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarf View Post
Great content. Im still on the fence with swifts as i dont have many passengers. Did you scrape your front lip with the swifts? Is it much better with the v1s?
I was going to get the swifts and based off of JDs recommendation I went with Eibach v2. I'm pretty happy with them.
Attached Images

F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 3
      09-11-2020, 01:42 AM   #48
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarf View Post
I did scrape a few times here and there with the Swift springs. I'm a pretty careful driver. But the extra .5" clearance is appreciated. Ultimately the car feels planted with both springs, but the ride comfort single or with passengers is hands down better with Eibach.

JD
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 01:43 AM   #49
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
I was going to get the swifts and based off of JDs recommendation I went with Eibach v2. I'm pretty happy with them.
Happy I could help, and excellent taste in wheels

JD
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 09:38 AM   #50
smuttana
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' G80 M3 Comp

Own a '16 F80 Non Comp with EDC and 666m wheels
Was hesitant about lowering, but read good things from JDE92M3 and found a set of Eibach Euro V1's, and installed the front only.
Barely much stiffer, and handles fine, now curious to pair this along with the CS EDC coding

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #51
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

I thought I was settled on getting the EMD springs but now this has me considering the eibachs. I only want a 1" max drop in the front not really any more.
JDE92M3874.00
      09-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #52
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quadrifoglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDE92M3 View Post

If you guys haven't already consider subscribing, I got a ton more content coming on all my M3s

Attachment 2316612

**BEAR WITH ME ON QUALITY, VIDEO IS STILL PROCESSING!**

JD
Thanks for all the effort that went into this OP. I think the drop looks better on the Swift R. Aside from looks, its good to know the Euro V1 is an option. I personally have never had good luck with Eibach. They have been soft and bouncy.

I think if your the type of driver that only uses the car on weekends etc on smooth roads for cruises the swift r with ZCP is still the king in terms of springs.

For heavy loads in the car or when theres more compression or over big bumps the Eibachs may be better, but id rather get the swifts that are better on smooth roads and avoid those other driving situations. IMO

E46 wagon ~ E46 330ci ZHP ~E46 M3 Sold ~ E92 335i Sold ~ E90 M3 Sold ~ F82 M4 Sold <- All Manuals
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-02-2020, 12:41 AM   #53
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP3 View Post
I thought I was settled on getting the EMD springs but now this has me considering the eibachs. I only want a 1" max drop in the front not really any more.
Buy it with confidence

JD
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 12:42 AM   #54
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuttana View Post
Own a '16 F80 Non Comp with EDC and 666m wheels
Was hesitant about lowering, but read good things from JDE92M3 and found a set of Eibach Euro V1's, and installed the front only.
Barely much stiffer, and handles fine, now curious to pair this along with the CS EDC coding

I get nothing in saying this, but CS EDC coding is worth it 100%!

JD
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 12:50 AM   #55
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKIGI View Post
Thanks for all the effort that went into this OP. I think the drop looks better on the Swift R. Aside from looks, its good to know the Euro V1 is an option. I personally have never had good luck with Eibach. They have been soft and bouncy.

I think if your the type of driver that only uses the car on weekends etc on smooth roads for cruises the swift r with ZCP is still the king in terms of springs.

For heavy loads in the car or when theres more compression or over big bumps the Eibachs may be better, but id rather get the swifts that are better on smooth roads and avoid those other driving situations. IMO

I wouldn't say that I just use the car for cruises and on the weekend. And I didn't want a "dedicated track car." I bought it brand new, tuned it since 7K. The car sees the track 3-5x a year, I autocross it regularly and still like to cruise, take the family out and ohh yea daily drive to work. 59K miles strong not a single issue. But I'm not getting to the point. Everyone thinks stiffer harder springs are the "best" on track. Personally I like when the car absorbs the bump. If someone tracks the car on Swift guaranteed the car may feel "tighter," but it will also have twitchy characteristics. Trust me when I say I buy my cars to use them, that's the type of driver I am . And if you haven't already and you have adaptive EDC, please do yourself a favor and code in CD EDC! Thank me later.

The rest of the fleet
Name:  IMG_0359.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  721.7 KB

JD

Last edited by JDE92M3; 10-02-2020 at 12:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 12:53 AM   #56
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Buy it with confidence

JD
Maybe this will help you with your decision! Drop is perfect, ride comfort/dampening is great and clearance for lip is accetable. This is a teaser, my painted M Performance lip and other details are not installed. So this is all I can share for now of the current condition of my car haha.

Name:  IMG_0348.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  611.9 KB

JD
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 01:26 AM   #57
Yas_Man
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Speed Yellow M4 Comp Pack

Very interesting read.

I’ve had a standard M4, two M4 Comps, an M2 Comp and an M3 Comp. I felt the Eibachs were rubbish, so I fitted the AC Schnitzer springs or the M Performance HAS kit.

I’ve just bought a new M4CS and all the guys on here said the Euro spec V1 Eibachs were the way to go and boy were they right!

Ride and handling aren’t compromised in any way, drop is acceptable and they feel like they’re made for the car. So I can concur with the OP that these springs on a CS and I guess a F8X with CS damper coding are a perfect match.
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-02-2020, 07:28 AM   #58
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yas_Man View Post
Very interesting read.

I’ve had a standard M4, two M4 Comps, an M2 Comp and an M3 Comp. I felt the Eibachs were rubbish, so I fitted the AC Schnitzer springs or the M Performance HAS kit.

I’ve just bought a new M4CS and all the guys on here said the Euro spec V1 Eibachs were the way to go and boy were they right!

Ride and handling aren’t compromised in any way, drop is acceptable and they feel like they’re made for the car. So I can concur with the OP that these springs on a CS and I guess a F8X with CS damper coding are a perfect match.

I’m so happy it worked out! This is why I love the forums and YouTube. I try to explain not all Eibach springs or different model springs are created equal. Different regions have different roads, demands on car, etc. The beauty of the Eibach V1 I can honestly say ride is not compromised AT ALL. Then people assume well if ride isn’t compromised then the car is floaty or feels less planted, again false assumption. Last but not least the car looks dropped OEM+ without that slammed look, again personal preference. But when driving around with the lip and having more ground clearance is a blessing.

JD
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 07:35 AM   #59
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

I appreciate this thread because it answered the very question you addressed in the above post. I kept asking those who attacked people for being cheap buying a HAS kit as to whether or not the cs coding altered the dampening characteristics to accommodate for a mild drop. Of course it went ignored as those same people threw their monocles down in disgust and disdain for anyone spending less than 4k on a “complete solution” when having edc is already sufficient. The beauty of electronic dampening is having the ability to code characteristics that compliment the hardware assigned to it, no?

I already contacted Alex and will move forward with the coding. Thanks JD.
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-02-2020, 07:43 AM   #60
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I appreciate this thread because it answered the very question you addressed in the above post. I kept asking those who attacked people for being cheap buying a HAS kit as to whether or not the cs coding altered the dampening characteristics to accommodate for a mild drop. Of course it went ignored as those same people threw their monocles down in disgust and disdain for anyone spending less than 4k on a “complete solution” when having edc is already sufficient. The beauty of electronic dampening is having the ability to code characteristics that compliment the hardware assigned to it, no?

I already contacted Alex and will move forward with the coding. Thanks JD.
Dude this is awesome! I literally love when I’m able to help people find an answer. Like you I went through the researching frenzy, going from post to post. But at the time, my questions were left unanswered. And I’m the type of person that researches maybe too much, but won’t buy until I’m 100% or close to it haha. So when I talked to myself into swapping to different springs, I myself thought I was crazy and figured what was the point. But I’m happy I took a chance, made me enjoy and love daily driving my F80 and I’m helping others do the same too. It’s funny I explain to others that have Swift or similar springs, but stubborn demeanors make them “live” with the ride since it’s installed already. But I never like to settle, it’s not my style! As every social media person please guys whether I helped you or not, think about subscribing to my YouTube channel. I’ll be doing many more videos that will be beneficial. And don’t worry I won’t sell out haha

JD
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2020, 07:50 AM   #61
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude this is awesome! I literally love when I’m able to help people find an answer. Like you I went through the researching frenzy, going from post to post. But at the time, my questions were left unanswered. And I’m the type of person that researches maybe too much, but won’t buy until I’m 100% or close to it haha. So when I talked to myself into swapping to different springs, I myself thought I was crazy and figured what was the point. But I’m happy I took a chance, made me enjoy and love daily driving my F80 and I’m helping others do the same too. It’s funny I explain to others that have Swift or similar springs, but stubborn demeanors make them “live” with the ride since it’s installed already. But I never like to settle, it’s not my style! As every social media person please guys whether I helped you or not, think about subscribing to my YouTube channel. I’ll be doing many more videos that will be beneficial. And don’t worry I won’t sell out haha

JD
Absolutely man. I even went so far as to ask in the threads I bounced around in to no avail. Group think is real, but so are good solutions. Good on you for finding it and sharing. I thank you. Maybe illl code today and report back.

Also, nice stable you have there I am quite jealous. Only two current M’s for me as the wife refused the x5m and opted for the 3.0
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #62
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Absolutely man. I even went so far as to ask in the threads I bounced around in to no avail. Group think is real, but so are good solutions. Good on you for finding it and sharing. I thank you. Maybe illl code today and report back.

Also, nice stable you have there I am quite jealous. Only two current M’s for me as the wife refused the x5m and opted for the 3.0
Funny I went and almost picked up the X5 M Sport 35i, but I told my wife to just look at the X5M. And told her to see if it was something she wanted or needed, the rest is history. I don’t think the salesperson had to do anything, I was already sellin it lmao. Anyway, Alex is amazing and codes and tunes all my cars! So let me know how the coding goes, give the car some adapting miles and just try to keep note now how the car handles poor roads or bumps and see how it transforms lol. I literally felt like I changed my dampeners. No I’m not exaggerating haha. And tell Alex that James sent you I’ve been giving him a ton of coding and tuning business so he’ll take care of you!

JD
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2020, 04:01 PM   #63
KeyBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
I get nothing in saying this, but CS EDC coding is worth it 100%!

JD
Do you think the CS EDC coding is too soft at times? I had it coded on my stock non zcp F80 (stock suspension), and didn't like it as it made the ride too soft/less sporty. But I know you're paired with Eibach springs so may be different.
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #64
KeyBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
Great review and cool video!

I ran the Eibach Euro V1s with CS coding for about a year and it's a great set it and forget it setup.

I recently switched over to M Performance HAS and it's even better, if you guys can spend the extra I suggest you go straight to the MPHAS kit.
What do you like better about the MP HAS over the Eibach Euro V1s (besides height adjustability)?
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-05-2020, 04:16 PM   #65
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

JDE92M3 I had Alex do the coding friday after we spoke. Took the car to C&C Saturday morning which was 52 miles each way. Car behaved better than stock, not one single moment of bouncing, floating or feeling light in the wheel. Loved the changes, loved the car with the height adjustment and the CS EDC coding. Why so many advocate for a whole different solution because they did it and costs thousands more is beyond me.

Admittedly, I have not tried the other setups, but if stock was acceptable to purchase the car and I have made it better than stock, what complaints could I possibly have?
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00
      10-05-2020, 04:30 PM   #66
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quadrifoglio

Are these the correct part number

https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-p...e-f32-f82.html

E46 wagon ~ E46 330ci ZHP ~E46 M3 Sold ~ E92 335i Sold ~ E90 M3 Sold ~ F82 M4 Sold <- All Manuals
Appreciate 1
JDE92M3874.00