Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-30-2020, 07:13 PM   #67
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Not wearing a helmet is idiotic, no matter who is driving

He almost got killed once, you would think he would have learnt the leason

:
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 07:21 PM   #68
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Slightly off topic, but if anyone is curious about one of Mischa's fastest laps as passenger, here it is:

10-01-2020, 12:09 AM   #69
A4W
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [10.00]
What an amazing video! Had he been in faster cars, had a bit more luck, and not had the rally accident I think Kubica could have been F1 world champion.

Always amazing to watch professional race drivers in non-race situations, however Kubica was driving a fast car. Sabine Schmitz did a 10 min 8 sec lap in a stock Ford Transit van with traffic on the track. Now that is impressive.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 04:44 AM   #70
Whyte_Diamonds
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

The videos in this thread are downright badass. Definitely puts a smile on my face to know this is what our M3/M4's are capable of.
M Performance / Active Autowerke / RKP Carbon Fiber / Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber / PSM Dynamics Carbon Fiber / DINAN Stage 3 / Evolution of Speed / Evolution Racewerks / Wagner Tuning / Supreme Power / IND Distribution
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #71
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Not everyone agrees with you on Kubica. He also had signed a contract to drive for Ferrari in 2012.
Kubica also drove for BMW in F1
https://sport360.com/article/formula...lewis-hamilton

"Robert is one of the most talented drivers I have competed against," said Hamilton, one month younger than Kubica.
Not here to argue but glad your a Kubica fan, I'm not trying to take anything away from him but I stick to my statement. Kubica by today standards falls short to the current F1 line up hence why he lost his Williams seat, he was out qualified by his team mate 14 times in one season, he was short of spectacular. Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen are not in the same zip code as Kubica, not a fair comparison. I'm observing current skills not 10 years ago or who he raced for. Look at the current DTM standings, not even in the top 10.
You probably think Massa is good too
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:20 AM   #72
65lim
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6, 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB///M View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Quick question guys. I saw this video because it was mentioned in this thread, but who is Mischa? Is he a racing driver too or just a YouTuber?
Misha Charoudin

Owner of Apex Nürburg, racing driver, prolific YouTuber that revolves almost exclusively around the Nürburgring. His vlogs and other video content is incredibly rich in detail with your favorite German cars. He's not the typical douchebag YouTuber.
I could be wrong but I thought that Robert Mitchell was the owner of Apex Nürburg?
You are not wrong. Misha and Robert Mitchell are the owners and founders of Apex. Robert is featured heavily on Misha's channel and I always enjoy his soothing demeanor.

One of my favorite videos to this date is the F80 Ring Taxi cost breakdown. Just an incredibly knowledgeable pair.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB///M View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quick question guys. I saw this video because it was mentioned in this thread, but who is Mischa? Is he a racing driver too or just a YouTuber?
Misha Charoudin

Owner of Apex Nürburg, racing driver, prolific YouTuber that revolves almost exclusively around the Nürburgring. His vlogs and other video content is incredibly rich in detail with your favorite German cars. He's not the typical douchebag YouTuber.
I could be wrong but I thought that Robert Mitchell was the owner of Apex Nürburg?
You are not wrong. Misha and Robert Mitchell are the owners and founders of Apex. Robert is featured heavily on Misha's channel and I always enjoy his soothing demeanor.

One of my favorite videos to this date is the F80 Ring Taxi cost breakdown. Just an incredibly knowledgeable pair.

Robert is the owner of Apex, he own all the cars at Apex.

Misha is one of Apex's instructor, so he is considered an empolyee.
Current: 2013 F13 M6 | Singapore Grey Metallic on Sakhir Orange/Extended Black Merino | Bootmod 3 Stage 2 | Dinan Free Flow Exhaust | M-Performance CF Rear Diffuser | Charcoal Filter Delete BMC Replacement Air Filter |

Current: 2011 E92 M3 | Alpine White Grey Metallic on Black Novillo | AlpineMSS Stage 2 Tune GTS DCT Tune Euro MDM | Rogue Engineering Testpipe ACM Muffler Mod | M-Performance CF Front Lips | BMC Replacement Air Filter |

Retired: 2011 F10 535i | Carbon Black Metallic
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #73
SabineBimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i LBlue Met

Quote:
Wow! Makes me appreciate the F8x chassis even more! That guy was FLYING!
Agreed! A lot of sphichter-check moments.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #74
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted_M View Post
Not here to argue but glad your a Kubica fan, I'm not trying to take anything away from him but I stick to my statement. Kubica by today standards falls short to the current F1 line up hence why he lost his Williams seat, he was out qualified by his team mate 14 times in one season, he was short of spectacular. Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen are not in the same zip code as Kubica, not a fair comparison. I'm observing current skills not 10 years ago or who he raced for. Look at the current DTM standings, not even in the top 10.
I often tire of the argument of the car being the issue, but I must say, gauging his talent in the current Williams platform is far from accurate when comparing on the grid. If he were with one of the midfield teams I think he can compete.

Take Seb this year for instance, with your logic he is washed out. A four time world champion. The car simply isn't being constructed for him, his style and his ability.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #75
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65lim View Post
Robert is the owner of Apex, he own all the cars at Apex.

Misha is one of Apex's instructor, so he is considered an empolyee.
Thanks. Edited.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #76
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted_M View Post
Quote:
Not everyone agrees with you on Kubica. He also had signed a contract to drive for Ferrari in 2012.
Kubica also drove for BMW in F1
https://sport360.com/article/formula...lewis-hamilton

"Robert is one of the most talented drivers I have competed against," said Hamilton, one month younger than Kubica.
I disagree with your blanket statement about Kubica and you do him great injustice by just looking at his last season after his crash where he got severe trauma and had amputations done.

Pre accident he was considered one of the top drivers, hence Hamiltons comments about Kubica. I hold more value to Hamiltons assessment quite honestly.

Btw never been neither a Kubica or Massa fan. I used to be a Schumacher fan until he crashed into Damon Hill in Australia in 1994.

Oh and I assume you also think both Alonso and Vettel are sub par (after all they had terrible last seasons and Vettel was fired from Ferrari).
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #77
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post

:
Personally, I would wear a helmet, especially if there is a cage. Looks like he's in a half cage though, plus he is harnessed. No airbag on the Recaro's but he still has the curtain airbags I assume. Yeah, at that point just put a bucket on regardless. With the stock seats and harness though, probably better without a helmet so the airbags can deploy properly.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #78
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Quote:
Oh and I assume you also think both Alonso and Vettel are sub par (after all they had terrible last seasons and Vettel was fired from Ferrari).
Vettel is a four time world champion and Alonso has two with plenty of podiums and has recently raced in different venues, I respect them both for their accomplishments as well as Lewis, Bottas, Verstappen, Riccardo, Rosberg and others past and present while my two all time favorites are Niki and Senna.
Vettel and Alonso are both amazing drivers and glad to see them both in action next year. Vettel will always be Red Bull's darling and too bad Ferrari didn't pan out for him, Ferrari is in turmoil and they will figure it out in due time. I hope Kubica gets another chance in F1 once Kimi bails out of Alfa, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I have mine and you have yours..

Peace out!!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #79
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwz View Post
ex F1 driver Robert Kubica in the Apex BMW M4 on the Nürburgring!
Great video - thanks for sharing dwz!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #80
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:

:
Personally, I would wear a helmet, especially if there is a cage. Looks like he's in a half cage though, plus he is harnessed. No airbag on the Recaro's but he still has the curtain airbags I assume. Yeah, at that point just put a bucket on regardless. With the stock seats and harness though, probably better without a helmet so the airbags can deploy properly.
Robert (from Apex) talked about this topic in one of his videos on his own channel.

Long story short: Do you want to risk the extra strain on your neck from the added weight of the helmet in a crash when you cant use a HANS device (illegal during TF sessions on the ring) or do you want to protect the head?
Especially when using a 4/6-point harness.

In a fully caged car helmet is usually the better choice regardless, in a half caged car not necessarily.
Appreciate 2
jmg18697.00
The_Werm212.00
      10-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #81
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

If you're ever at the Nurburgring, be sure to rent a car from APEX and drive a few laps! They make the process extremely enjoyable and painless. I did 2 laps in their M2 last year and wish I had time for a dozen more laps!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 11:52 PM   #82
Munich S65
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I swear the top athletes in any realm, have a few bolts loose in their head, and that allows them to keep pushing where the rest brake. They're also very gifted/talented/ and driven. No pun.
Appreciate 1
THEROK1267.50
      10-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #83
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich S65 View Post
I swear the top athletes in any realm, have a few bolts loose in their head, and that allows them to keep pushing where the rest brake. They're also very gifted/talented/ and driven. No pun.
preach. every competitive sport i love be it mma, top level soccer, golf... the tip of the spear guys or even anyone who's paid to do something so seemingly ummm recreational aka a pro.. is really interesting to observe and have it inspire you in your own line of work.

i've def got a few bolts loose in my head myself.
      10-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #84
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

:
Many good reasons not to wear a helmet when using racing seat belts but not HANS.

Appreciate 1
zxwreg0.00
      10-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #85
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Of course you don't need a fast car to drive the 'Ring. My son took his VW back in August.

It has now been replaced by an M135i with another trip planned for next year.👍
Attached Images

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 10:45 PM   #86
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

best part is the car is stock and he did not blow the crank hub...!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #87
Jamongkad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
best part is the car is stock and he did not blow the crank hub...!
What's amazing is their F8X cars don't have the crank hub fix despite logging thousands of track miles on the Nordschleife.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #88
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

i picked up a simpson hybrid S and moved out of a hans.

works with harnesses AND 3-point restraints with a helmet.

alittle peace of mind when i sit for instructor school next season.
Appreciate 0