Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-30-2022, 08:27 AM   #1
aaleksem
Rep
Drives: Bmw M340i

Buying a F82 M4

Hey guys, So I'm planning on Buying a F82 M4 in about 2 weeks, I was set on one but I backed out because it has a sunroof (I'm looking for the carbon fiber roof) I know that's kind of a dumb reason but to me I prefer the Carbon Roof. Now that I'm looking around for other options, what is the Highest Milage one I should stop considering at? S55 is a reliable engine but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I saw a 2016 with 60k miles but it feels rather high? What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 08:35 AM   #2
kwikshift
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

It’s not dumb, you know what you want and it’s your money being spent. Personally, mileage is a factor but you should also be considering the maintenance history. I would buy a higher mileage F8x w/supreme maintenance history over one that has 30k miles w/no maintenance records.
You’re correct, S55 is reliable and there’s been more than a few examples of owners over 100k miles and still running strong.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #3
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

I wouldn't buy one with a sun roof either. That extra weight up top is one thing, but losing a sweet cabon roof over it? I think you'd have to be nuts to option one.

I don't know that there is a hard mileage limit. Depends on what you want to do. Is this a long distance commuter, weekend car, track car, etc? There are some price break point I think. Under 10k commands a huge premium. upto about 40k seems the next price bracket. Then 40-60k ish. After they seem to fall into 'high mileage' cars.
Appreciate 0