Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #67
ntgarage44
First Lieutenant
ntgarage44's Avatar
United_States
293
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: '17 M3 Mineral White 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR_Flasher View Post
And yes, it's possible to mix the different maps, but not at once. Maybe your vision is a little bit more practical.

We always welcome feedback from our customers and prospects and try to include in THOR so much as possible.
Nothing wrong with your approach. As the owner of the product, I'm sure you made the best decision based on a number of factors. The good news is the functionality is there, and I'm very excited for this upcoming release!

Rarely do I see customer feedback for new features of a product taken this seriously and implemented this quickly. For this reason, I'm happy to support you and your product as soon as this feature is released
Appreciate 1
ssgm1x135.00

      02-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #68
THOR_Flasher
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
45
Rep
41
Posts


Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Nothing wrong with your approach. As the owner of the product, I'm sure you made the best decision based on a number of factors. The good news is the functionality is there, and I'm very excited for this upcoming release!

Rarely do I see customer feedback for new features of a product taken this seriously and implemented this quickly. For this reason, I'm happy to support you and your product as soon as this feature is released
thank you very much!
Appreciate 1
ssgm1x135.00

      02-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #69
parabmw
Captain
77
Rep
788
Posts

Drives: 2018 m4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: canada

iTrader: (0)

How long does it take to flash each module?
Does the car ignition need to be on and a charger required?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #70
THOR_Flasher
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
45
Rep
41
Posts


Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
How long does it take to flash each module?
Does the car ignition need to be on and a charger required?
THOR checks the battery voltage of your vehicle before every flash. If the battery voltage is less than 12.0V, THOR will not start the flash process automaticly. We recommend connecting your vehicle to a power supply during the flash process. To recharge your battery, drive your vehicle in between the flash processes without switching on large power consumers.

Flash Times each module:

EPS: 5 Minutes
LSD: 3 Minutes
DSC: 15 Minutes
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #71
parabmw
Captain
77
Rep
788
Posts

Drives: 2018 m4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: canada

iTrader: (0)

What is the recovery process if a flash fails part way?
Would a ctek battery maintainer charger I use for winter storage work?

https://www.batterystore.com/battery...ry-12v-charger

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ZrkhoMgfhQ17m3
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 05:05 PM   #72
ssgm1x
Lieutenant
ssgm1x's Avatar
United_States
135
Rep
432
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: cherry hill ,NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
What is the recovery process if a flash fails part way?
Would a ctek battery maintainer charger I use for winter storage work?

https://www.batterystore.com/battery...ry-12v-charger

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ZrkhoMgfhQ17m3
If all u have is a CTEK Battery Maintainer just make sure ur battery is fully charged by reconditioning ur battery overnight the day before flashing. This way the battery is in good shape and car ready to be flashed. Then if u want u can keep the CTEK on car as u flash. Should be fine. If flash fails just reflash
__________________
2018 BMW M3, Stg1 93Oct
1/4 mile 11.33 @ 123.7mph, 1.8sec 60ft[/b][/color]
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #73
matty088
Captain
180
Rep
827
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

If I go back to stock does it flash MY file? I’d hate to go back to stock from ZCP and have base mapping

As someone else pointed out. It would be awesome to get more feedback on how the upgrades actually feel. Can you feel the upgrade in the butt dyno? I am sure mdm is obviously felt as is the dct. But the others??
Appreciate 1
jbed11.50

      02-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #74
THOR_Flasher
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
45
Rep
41
Posts


Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
If I go back to stock does it flash MY file? I’d hate to go back to stock from ZCP and have base mapping
If you go back to stock, you get the series factory files from ZCP.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #75
THOR_Flasher
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
45
Rep
41
Posts


Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

We released it today :-)

⚡️ THOR Update v 1.5 ⚡️

✅individual setting control in our DYNAMIC PACKAGE
⚙️ some usability optimization


total loss calculator
Appreciate 1
ssgm1x135.00

      02-14-2019, 03:50 PM   #76
ssgm1x
Lieutenant
ssgm1x's Avatar
United_States
135
Rep
432
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: cherry hill ,NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR_Flasher View Post
We released it today :-)

⚡️ THOR Update v 1.5 ⚡️

✅individual setting control in our DYNAMIC PACKAGE
⚙️ some usability optimization

[img]https://i.ibb.co/MR25LMs/FB-THOR-Update-v1-5.png[/img]
total loss calculator
Great Work guys !!!!
Update is live on iOS
Attached Images
 
__________________
2018 BMW M3, Stg1 93Oct
1/4 mile 11.33 @ 123.7mph, 1.8sec 60ft[/b][/color]
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 07:34 PM   #77
knepsterd
Captain
152
Rep
697
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 BMS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

No EDC setting yet,correct
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 06:38 AM   #78
ntgarage44
First Lieutenant
ntgarage44's Avatar
United_States
293
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: '17 M3 Mineral White 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR_Flasher View Post
If you go back to stock, you get the series factory files from ZCP.
With that statement, does that mean that those with base/non-competition package cars will never get the base settings again? I don't know if base and comp pack cars have the same steering, MDM, and differential settings, but I'd like for stock to mean whatever was on my car. Can you clarify?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #79
mindspin311
Private First Class
93
Rep
138
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

C'mon Android...
__________________
2018 Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #80
LuckasHe
New Member
LuckasHe's Avatar
Germany
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: an F82 M4 AY
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Saarbruecken, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
With that statement, does that mean that those with base/non-competition package cars will never get the base settings again? I don't know if base and comp pack cars have the same steering, MDM, and differential settings, but I'd like for stock to mean whatever was on my car. Can you clarify?
is there an update to this question?
Important to me, as i have a base version with DCT, so please clarify.
__________________
____________________________________
F82 M4 2014 (june built), DCT, Austin Yellow
E36 M3 (retired)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 04:48 AM   #81
THOR_Flasher
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
45
Rep
41
Posts


Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Sorry for the late reply, I think I didn't expressed myself very well. Before you flash your vehicle for the first time, THOR create a backup. The Backup is saved on your smartphone or tablet and is the base for the “series” map.

In the case, you lost your backup. THOR use the latest software versions (from ZCP) and codings to flash your vehicle to stock.
Appreciate 2
ssgm1x135.00

      02-19-2019, 07:41 AM   #82
ntgarage44
First Lieutenant
ntgarage44's Avatar
United_States
293
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: '17 M3 Mineral White 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR_Flasher View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I think I didn't expressed myself very well. Before you flash your vehicle for the first time, THOR create a backup. The Backup is saved on your smartphone or tablet and is the base for the “series” map.

In the case, you lost your backup. THOR use the latest software versions (from ZCP) and codings to flash your vehicle to stock.
Thank you for clarifying. Looking forward to trying out the product
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #83
SeanWRT
Colonel
SeanWRT's Avatar
2147
Rep
2,094
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Shanghai

iTrader: (1)

@THOR_Flasher Do you guys have plan creating your own custom DCT flash in the future at all?

Granted, OEM GTS/CS dct coding work well with S55, but BM3 is offering that feature for free. Plus there is the huge M2 N55 market for a real TCU for long (we spoke over F87 board once, gts/cs dct don't really work for M2 OG).

If you guys take time and work out a true custom TCU for F platform MDCT, the market is huge.
__________________
Lemania 2320
Appreciate 1
ssgm1x135.00

      02-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #84
ssgm1x
Lieutenant
ssgm1x's Avatar
United_States
135
Rep
432
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: cherry hill ,NJ

iTrader: (0)

Would be pretty cool if THOR could implement wireless data logging since most of us using THOR are tuned.
__________________
2018 BMW M3, Stg1 93Oct
1/4 mile 11.33 @ 123.7mph, 1.8sec 60ft[/b][/color]
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #85
THOR_Flasher
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
45
Rep
41
Posts


Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
@THOR_Flasher Do you guys have plan creating your own custom DCT flash in the future at all?

Granted, OEM GTS/CS dct coding work well with S55, but BM3 is offering that feature for free. Plus there is the huge M2 N55 market for a real TCU for long (we spoke over F87 board once, gts/cs dct don't really work for M2 OG).

If you guys take time and work out a true custom TCU for F platform MDCT, the market is huge.
Hi Sean,

of course, the market is huge but a custom solution costs a lot of time (at least one year!) and money. We have a lot of ideas, how we evolve but a custom solution is not plan a at the moment.

The next releases will be:
- CS EDC Coding (M3|M4)
- New Maps for BMW M2 (Competition Files)
Appreciate 1
jbed11.50

      02-24-2019, 02:44 PM   #86
parabmw
Captain
77
Rep
788
Posts

Drives: 2018 m4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: canada

iTrader: (0)

Android?
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2019, 05:24 AM   #87
THOR_Flasher
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
45
Rep
41
Posts


Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
Android?
Yes of course. Is the next big thing. We look forward to report more soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #88
e85m4
First Lieutenant
40
Rep
397
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

is this better than the DCT flash in BM3 ?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw m2, bmw m3, bmw m4, cs flash, dct, gts, gts flash, mdm

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST