Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

07-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #67
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Is this Jordan at 360Forged version 2.0?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #68
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshah View Post
When is HRE going to come in this thread and slap this pic down and tell everyone why the duck do you dare order from anyone elseeeeeeeeeeee?!?
I thought that was a Vette at first glance.
Appreciate 2
      07-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #69
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshah View Post
When is HRE going to come in this thread and slap this pic down and tell everyone why the duck do you dare order from anyone elseeeeeeeeeeee?!?
I thought that was a Vette at first glance.
Blasphemy.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #70
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Wow - This is unreal. No call back. My texts were "Read" and clearly disregarded. At the bank taking care of things on my end. Done with this shit.
      07-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #71
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80NJM3
Wow - This is unreal. No call back. My texts were "Read" and clearly disregarded. At the bank taking care of things on my end. Done with this shit.
Did you pay with credit card? Call and dispute the charges immediately.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #72
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80NJM3
Did you pay with credit card? Call and dispute the charges immediately.
Unfortunately I didn't use my amex this time (don't know why-I always do) so I'm at the bank filling out a dispute as we speak.
      07-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #73
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80NJM3 View Post
So sorry to hear of your saga with MORR. I was considering their wheels and after seeing this thread I'm very happy I went a different direction.

Curious as to what those in the know have to say about BCForged? I had a great experience dealing with them and the wheel I ordered is just perfect. BUT, these fly-by-night horror stories, and the way that BCForged only point you to pyspeed.com make me question their longevity.

Thanks.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #74
Tempe Mendoan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92-M3 / 458 / F82

Volk and BBS. That's it.
Appreciate 3
      07-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #75
AHI
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Coupe

I had to file a chargeback via VISA to get my money back. $4,000USD

this just happened 2 weeks ago.

MORR is messing around with people on the AMG forums as well.. a few of my buddies with AMG's are waiting... eternally

I remember him telling us his wife was sick, and we saw pics of him and his wife on IG in Venice....
2012 E63 PP/LSD/CCB (Eurocharged Stage 2)
1950 Chevy 3100 Bagged Ratrod
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #76
AHI
Private
Canada
Rep

And just for the record, we've done about 15 sets with VelosDesignwerks, and their communication skills are the best we've ever encountered, and have never been late on any set of wheels.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #77
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHI
I had to file a chargeback via VISA to get my money back. $4,000USD

this just happened 2 weeks ago.

MORR is messing around with people on the AMG forums as well.. a few of my buddies with AMG's are waiting... eternally

I remember him telling us his wife was sick, and we saw pics of him and his wife on IG in Venice....
Wow..this isn't getting any better. I, also did a dispute todsy. We'll see what happens next couple of days. I gave Carlos a chance to refund me the money, but he "read" my text and never replied nor called back.
Why would you have your texts settings to show "read" when you have so many people looking for you? Furthermore, Carlos admitted that MORR doesn't have great customer service and is working on fixing that..clearly this is not the way to do that.
      07-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #78
AHI
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wow..this isn't getting any better. I, also did a dispute todsy. We'll see what happens next couple of days. I gave Carlos a chance to refund me the money, but he "read" my text and never replied nor called back.
Why would you have your texts settings to show "read" when you have so many people looking for you? Furthermore, Carlos admitted that MORR doesn't have great customer service and is working on fixing that..clearly this is not the way to do that.
Carlos sends me an email, stating, that he will send me a letter from his lawyer, to sign, that I wont go online telling people the story. I'm still waiting for this letter.

Remember, I am the Canadian MORR dealer, and he was giving me the run around... I can only imagine what others are going through. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left him alone after Visa put the money back in my account... but now I'm seeing this, and I have lost all hope for him. I have stopped quoting his product, and moving customers into Velos.

A few people reached out to me on IG as well, as I am the distributor, looking for updates, and answers... I couldn't help anyone, as he wasn't even returning my emails or calls.
Appreciate 2
      07-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #79
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHI
Quote:
Carlos sends me an email, stating, that he will send me a letter from his lawyer, to sign, that I wont go online telling people the story. I'm still waiting for this letter.

Remember, I am the Canadian MORR dealer, and he was giving me the run around... I can only imagine what others are going through. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and left him alone after Visa put the money back in my account... but now I'm seeing this, and I have lost all hope for him. I have stopped quoting his product, and moving customers into Velos.

A few people reached out to me on IG as well, as I am the distributor, looking for updates, and answers... I couldn't help anyone, as he wasn't even returning my emails or calls.
No one can get answers or their calls returned apparently.
Clearly the company is on a free fall. We shall see what happens.
Hope for the best.
      07-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #80
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
They depend on you giving them the benefit of the doubt. Guys like this will exploit your trust until you have no more, then they won't miss a minute's sleep after putting you through the ringer. He'll be back in business next week running another scam. I hope your bank puts the screws to him, and you come out of this whole.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 04:08 PM   #81
AHI
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
People need to stop buying from these shitty soFlo wheel companies seriously, I have seen how these businesses are run. They are companies that create a brand name ,have been around for a couple of years and spend all there energy on marketing. All of their wheels are manufactured by third parties. Didn't anyone learn anything from 360forged(currently ADV.1). These companies are in small offices. They do nothing! They send an order to a third party and up charge you for a wheel. Stop buying from these companies!!!! Buy from a company that manufactures their own wheels!!! BBS/HRE/VOLK/CCW/Forgeline all make their own wheels. I could go talk to a wheel manufacture here in Miami(cough COR) who makes half of the companies down here and start my own company tomorrow. The people that run these companies are the typical Miami weekend baller. Go look at any of their insta accounts they all are popping bottles at the expensive clubs every weekend on your dime.
I don't care if they cut their own wheels are not, I've been dealing with Velos for 2 years, and not 1 set was ever leaking, bent, or delayed. All I stated is that as a company, that outsources its builds, Velos has consistently been a great retailer. Same goes for InCurve that has been doing cast for about 6 years, and just recently got into the forged game. They put out a good product, and yes they are built by somebody else as well. Again, don't care.

MORR is a different story as they clearly have financial issues, and are taking advantage of people.

Some people don't want to pay $10k for a set of HRE, so there are some other companies out there that fill the gap, and still offer great service. To make a blanket statement, that all independent wheel companies are crap because they "could" close down one day, is not fair.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #82
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHI
I don't care if they cut their own wheels are not, I've been dealing with Velos for 2 years, and not 1 set was ever leaking, bent, or delayed. All I stated is that as a company, that outsources its builds, Velos has consistently been a great retailer. Same goes for InCurve that has been doing cast for about 6 years, and just recently got into the forged game. They put out a good product, and yes they are built by somebody else as well. Again, don't care.

MORR is a different story as they clearly have financial issues, and are taking advantage of people.

Some people don't want to pay $10k for a set of HRE, so there are some other companies out there that fill the gap, and still offer great service. To make a blanket statement, that all independent wheel companies are crap because they "could" close down one day, is not fair.
Besides the point, if you don't make a product and own the equipment. Your just a middleman. YOU CAN NOT STAND BEHIND and CONTROL A PRODUCT 100% IF YOU DONT OWN THE EQUIPMENT TO MANUFACTURER IT!!!!! VOLK,CCW cost 4k and are worth every penny and made in house doesn't have to be HRE! You use the word "they put out a good product" they don't put out anything they just put a name on it, market it and sell it. MIDDLEMEN
Appreciate 2
      07-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #83
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Why did this turn into a Velos thread? I don't know

I've done tons of transactions with the guys at Velos and nothing but positive experiences here. Customer service and communication are just outstanding. I keep coming back to these guys for a reason everytime I need anything. My .02

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #84
lgk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Silly Argument-Apple, Porsche and Morr....

Not that I care about MORR, CORR or BOR (if there is such a wheel)

You do know that apple doesn't build their own phones or for that matter many of their computers, ipads etc... However, they do have complete control over quality control. They are a design company, just like these companies are. Doesn't mean it is not an Apple phone, does it? Are they a middle man?

You do know that for a while Porsche was not building 3/4 of there own Boxsters. I think they were being made under contract on the same line as Saab or something of that vein.

Your argument fails in today's modern economy
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #85
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3
Why did this turn into a Velos thread? I don't know

I've done tons of transactions with the guys at Velos and nothing but positive experiences here. Customer service and communication are just outstanding. I keep coming back to these guys for a reason everytime I need anything. My .02
Not about Velos it's about every wheel company in Miami. I'm just saying NO ONE IN South Florida cuts there own wheels. People should know that. Either MHT in California or COR in Miami makes them. People should be educated thats all.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:55 PM   #86
lgk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

I am just saying who cares. Very few US companies make their own products that they design. G wiz......does BMW make their own wheels etc....People buy for the look anyway!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #87
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
Same type of company, they don't cut their own wheels. OMG people are DUMB
I'm definitely not dumb... and you need to check yourself.

Besides the point, if you don't make a product and own the equipment. Your just a middleman. YOU CAN NOT STAND BEHIND and CONTROL A PRODUCT 100% IF YOU DONT OWN THE EQUIPMENT TO MANUFACTURER IT!!!!! VOLK,CCW cost 4k and are worth every penny and made in house doesn't have to be HRE! You use the word "they put out a good product" they don't put out anything they just put a name on it, market it and sell it. MIDDLEMEN
Guess I am missing the points here- maybe they are good... I just saw that someone paid 50% down on a product that hasn't been delivered and the company stopped responding to him. In my book there is no excuse for that other than they don't care about the business.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #88
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk
I am just saying who cares. Very few US companies make their own products that they design. G wiz......does BMW make their own wheels etc....People buy for the look anyway!
Your comparing one of the worlds largest auto manufacturers to wheel companies in Miami that have three computer offices and a large Instagram account.........next
Appreciate 2