Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

07-11-2021, 09:35 PM   #1
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Eventuri Carbon Fiber Seat Backs

For those who have purchased & installed Eventuri's CF seat backs…

Any trouble getting the very bottom to stay attached & secure? Note that I have already tried all of the typical 3M tape.

To clarify, I have no problems w/the rear headrest pieces, only the bottom of the (2) front seats.

Any guidance is very much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 10:35 PM   #2
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

5 times the price of ebay and fits like an ebay kit... Eventuri is printing money with all of the useless chit they sell

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 4
      07-11-2021, 10:55 PM   #3
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

To each their own….

I highly doubt the quality is comparable and fitment isn't the issue. I understand the "eBay" approach but I value quality and attention to detail for car modifications (or any other $$$ purchase). For example, some have no issue picking up the "knock off" products (handbags, watches, etc.) from street vendors in NYC and I prefer to buy the real thing. I think the old phrase "you get what you pay for" can be applied across the board.

Thanks for the feedback…
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 10:21 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagR2611 View Post
To each their own….

I highly doubt the quality is comparable and fitment isn't the issue. I understand the "eBay" approach but I value quality and attention to detail for car modifications or any purchase. For example, some have no issue picking up the "knock off" products (handbags, watches, etc.) from street vendors in NYC and I prefer to buy the real thing. I think the old phrase "you get what you pay for" can be applied across the board.

Thanks for the feedback…
There are some good deals on ebay but it won't be the same quality as Eventuri that's for sure.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 02:59 PM   #5
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
To each their own….

I highly doubt the quality is comparable and fitment isn't the issue. I understand the "eBay" approach but I value quality and attention to detail for car modifications or any purchase. For example, some have no issue picking up the "knock off" products (handbags, watches, etc.) from street vendors in NYC and I prefer to buy the real thing. I think the old phrase "you get what you pay for" can be applied across the board.

Thanks for the feedback…
I understand where you're coming from, it's not like I buy everything on ebay, but there are some CF bits that I did and they all fit perfect and I saved a few pennies. Anything else I wouldn't dare buy a knockoff.

It was a late night post, I guess I was more upset for you getting a subpar fitting part after paying a full price for it, not something you should expect from a company like that. The only thing I don't like about them is that their intakes are some of the most expensive out there and provide no real performance increase, just "bling" under the hood.

S55, 2JZ, M48.00

Last edited by Kilabyte; 07-12-2021 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 07:13 PM   #6
M3nmotion18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IR ZCP BM3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [9.87]
2021 MINI COOPER  [10.00]
2023 GENESIS GV60  [10.00]
2017 LEXUS RX350  [10.00]
Quote:

Any trouble getting the very bottom to stay attached & secure? Note that I have already tried all of the typical 3M tape.

To clarify, I have no problems w/the rear headrest pieces, only the bottom of the (2) front seats.

Hi,

Did you apply the 3M adhesive promotor to the factory seatback? Ryan@IND told me to try this as I'll have to do this to my Eventuri Front Seat Back as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 07:50 PM   #7
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Quote:
To each their own….

Thanks for the feedback…
I understand where you're coming from, it's not like I buy everything on ebay, but there are some CF bits that I did and they all fit perfect and I saved a few pennies. Anything else I wouldn't dare buy a knockoff.

It was a late night post, I guess I was more upset for you getting a subpar fitting part after paying a full price for it, not something you should expect from a company like that. The only thing I don't like about them is that their intakes are some of the most expensive out there and provide no real performance increase, just "bling" under the hood.
Quote:
Quote:
To each their own….

Thanks for the feedback…

No worries - I understand & appreciate your response.

It's not a fitment issue. They both fit exactly as they should but the adhesive won't hold as we all know CF is rigid.

I have their intakes and agree w/the bling but not the performance. I had my F80 on a dyno before & after installation. The only thing people may take issue with is the sound.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3946.50
      07-12-2021, 07:51 PM   #8
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3nmotion18 View Post
Quote:

Hi,

Did you apply the 3M adhesive promotor to the factory seatback? Ryan@IND told me to try this as I'll have to do this to my Eventuri Front Seat Back as well.
Quote:
Quote:
To each their own….

Thanks for the feedback…

Quote:
Quote:

Hi,

Thank you for the information.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 08:21 PM   #9
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hi,

Quote:
Quote:

Hi,

Sound advice! Ryan@IND has yet to steer me in the wrong direction and I value his insight & guidance.

I didn't personally but (1) of the few that work on my car did and it's no longer an issue.

Thanks again for the information!
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2021, 11:25 PM   #10
M3nmotion18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IR ZCP BM3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [9.87]
2021 MINI COOPER  [10.00]
2023 GENESIS GV60  [10.00]
2017 LEXUS RX350  [10.00]
Glad to hear that you've resolve the issue!
Appreciate 0