Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #133
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dad5389 View Post
I have Yas Marina blue. And while I absolutely love it, sometimes I wish it was less loud and obtrusive. It really tends to stick out in parking lots or other areas. I fear I'll get some unwanted attention at times. But then again, it could be Austin Yellow which is the most attention-grabbing one. I'd say YMB comes in a close second for that category.
Sakhir right with that group. As much as I can admire these colors the fear of being noticed by the wrong individuals is too great, especially these days. Blacks, Gray, Silvers just blend. Even my MW gets noticed too often
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #134
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknightr View Post
Sakhir Orange and not one regret. Had her ceramic coated recently which makes the paint pop even more.

+1 Regret Sakhir Orange? Do pigs fly? How can I regret Sakhir Orange in my M4, especially when I have the matching SO/Black full leather interior in mine?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #135
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Quote:
I have Yas Marina blue. And while I absolutely love it, sometimes I wish it was less loud and obtrusive. It really tends to stick out in parking lots or other areas. I fear I'll get some unwanted attention at times. But then again, it could be Austin Yellow which is the most attention-grabbing one. I'd say YMB comes in a close second for that category.
Sakhir right with that group. As much as I can admire these colors the fear of being noticed by the wrong individuals is too great, especially these days. Blacks, Gray, Silvers just blend. Even my MW gets noticed too often
That's why sometimes one needs a beater so you can park with peace of mind where the wrong individuals are. I take my Mini S to the train station and I'm sure those individuals (usually on some substance) probably just find it girly.

70-80k sticker and not being able to choose the color you really want seems quite sub-optimal to me. I will likely go from SMB to Fire Orange or Daytona in the future...even louder!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 11:14 AM   #136
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
edit: +1 for the mods who keep this forum civil and rid it of child-like posts.

On the topic, I don't regret getting BSM. I wanted to fly under the radar -- especially with the black comp pack badges. My neighbor recently got rid of his boat (m6) and picked up a f80 zcp in mineral white metallic. And now I've been constantly wondering what if I ordered mine in that color instead. Looks great, especially at night.
I wonder what was said to prompt the deletion.
If you cannot take the criticism (not you in particular) don't post the pictures of your car.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2019, 11:45 AM   #137
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That's why sometimes one needs a beater so you can park with peace of mind where the wrong individuals are. I take my Mini S to the train station and I'm sure those individuals (usually on some substance) probably just find it girly.

70-80k sticker and not being able to choose the color you really want seems quite sub-optimal to me. I will likely go from SMB to Fire Orange or Daytona in the future...even louder!
Makes sense with the beater but.....Miserable human beings lurk just about everywhere these days. Am I afraid? No, they should be, unfortunately can't sit in my baby all day long BTW, actually that's too good of a "beater".
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #138
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
edit: +1 for the mods who keep this forum civil and rid it of child-like posts.

On the topic, I don't regret getting BSM. I wanted to fly under the radar -- especially with the black comp pack badges. My neighbor recently got rid of his boat (m6) and picked up a f80 zcp in mineral white metallic. And now I've been constantly wondering what if I ordered mine in that color instead. Looks great, especially at night.
BSM and AW/MW (and MGM) are not exciting colors on their own, but MAN do they look good in the flesh. They also don't photograph well.... particularity BSM.

My first F80ZCP was AW/Black and my god that thing was an absolute stunner when clean with all the contrast... and the AW really enhanced the M3's muscular body. The moment I walked up to it for the first time at the dealer, in a sea of colors I was instantly hooked. You have to see AW in the flesh - pictures don't do it justice. I would go back to AW in a heartbeat on an M3.

My second F82ZCP is BSM/Black and again, one of the most beautiful, elegant cars I've ever seen, in the flesh. Ironically, BSM looks like a black blob in pics but stuns you in real life. I find that the M4 lacks a bit of crispness in its dimensions and thus can look quite large (this really bothered me at first coming from the M3) and this is exacerbated in the louder/lighter colors. The BSM has a slimming effect that compliments the M4 well. MGM is also an extremely good color for either body, in my opinion - not flashy but wildly handsome.

Now - my only regret would be that BSM is a royal bitch to keep clean. But when it's clean, really nothing can top it.

Edit: I used to despise YMB (because it is a half-baked LSB) BUT it has really grown on me lately. That color needs major contrast and then it really pops in the flesh. SO probably is probably the most photogenic color.

Current - 2022 540XI M Sport, BSM/Black
Sold - many M3s and an M4

Last edited by EricSMG; 10-26-2019 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 2
DML967.50
      10-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #139
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Makes sense with the beater but.....Miserable human beings lurk just about everywhere these days. Am I afraid? No, they should be, unfortunately can't sit in my baby all day long BTW, actually that's too good of a "beater".
I hear you. MCS is a blast for $9k and R56 is decently sized as opposed to the third generation. In tight turns I think it's certainly faster and more tossable than the F80. Engine is enough for such a little car.
Appreciate 1
DML967.50
      10-28-2019, 01:44 PM   #140
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drF80 View Post
I wonder what was said to prompt the deletion.
If you cannot take the criticism (not you in particular) don't post the pictures of your car.
Exactly. If you don't want other people's thoughts, maybe don't post to a public forum?

I don't remember the full, but there was a "nobody gives a f wtf (neither were abbreviated) you think."

If I post pictures of my M4 and people comment that they don't like this or that, that's fine. It wouldn't upset me and I certainly wouldn't take it personally.

That said, the grille stripes are one of the tackiest mods you can do. It reminds me of something a 16 year old would do as his "first mod" ... to his 3-series. It's all subjective, I get it..., but I have zero doubt that we're with the majority on this one.

Last edited by Tall Tom Cruise; 10-28-2019 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
DML967.50
      10-29-2019, 06:59 AM   #141
AO08BAS
Private
Rep
Drives: TR G80 Comp

Guys I am having the same dilemma now! My F80 was stolen and all set to jump back into one.

Currently looking at 3 which are

SMB
Mineral White(had this last time)
SB

The thing is I've had 4 M car's before 2 of those white one of those Black(Jerez Black)
So I fancied something different and I am leaning towards SMB or AY but I have to admit MW with the carbon bits looks banging.

What would fellow MW/AW owners do if they had to pick a colour again? Would you still go for white?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:18 AM   #142
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeCP View Post
Guys I am having the same dilemma now! My F80 was stolen and all set to jump back into one.

Currently looking at 3 which are

SMB
Mineral White(had this last time)
SB

The thing is I've had 4 M car's before 2 of those white one of those Black(Jerez Black)
So I fancied something different and I am leaning towards SMB or AY but I have to admit MW with the carbon bits looks banging.

What would fellow MW/AW owners do if they had to pick a colour again? Would you still go for white?
I've had both Alpine and Mineral Whites as well as other flat white and pearl/metallic whites in other cars over the years. I will always love a white car, but I prefer the pearl/metallic versions so that it has a little more character. Silver is another favorite color of mine too that I've had in the past.

That said though, I think the next car might be something different. I love numerous shades of blue that BMW has (especially Laguna Seca and Atlantis). I also love Imola Red (reminds me of the Monza Red Mitsubishi used on my old VR4). The downside to liking brighter/different colors like that though is that you can attract a lot of unwanted attention. But I think I'm at the point where I'm ok with it just to have something a little different than I'm used to.

I also agree about the white looking good with the carbon pieces. I have Mineral White right now with the M Perf front splitter, mirrors, spoiler, and exhaust tips, as well as a carbon roof and I love the way it looks
      10-29-2019, 12:03 PM   #143
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Wait - you like grille stripes? Please no.....
So much so that he put them on his car AND his wife's. Doing the stripes on one car just wasn't enough. I guess the ricer style is making a comeback with the older crowd?

*posts pictures of his car on public forum*
*receives responses and opinions from the public*
*gets enraged and overtly sensitive from other's feedback*

the stupid is strong with this one
Appreciate 1
DML967.50
      10-29-2019, 12:47 PM   #144
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Wait - you like grille stripes? Please no.....
So much so that he put them on his car AND his wife's. Doing the stripes on one car just wasn't enough. I guess the ricer style is making a comeback with the older crowd?

*posts pictures of his car on public forum*
*receives responses and opinions from the public*
*gets enraged and overtly sensitive from other's feedback*

the stupid is strong with this one
Tall Tom Cruise is killing it
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #145
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
all-time fav paint for ANY BMW is still Space Gray, but that was not available on F8X when I ordered.
so I got TzB/Amaro and no regrets at all 3 years in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
swagon13521.00
      10-29-2019, 03:17 PM   #146
j2dad5389
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

YMB starting to grow on me..

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #147
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Starting to grow? lol Think you gotta be all in for this color opposed to growing into liking it.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 12:31 PM   #148
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

This reminds me of my first M3.

I was so excited and walked in to buy a new LSB E46 M3. Long story short. Dealer told me yes ok, then a few days later LSB is discontinued and cant get it. I was an absolute wreck for next 4 days. I ignored the advice from my friends telling me to get a used LSB. I worked hard I was young and I wanted brand new. I know, stupid... I should have listened. Anyways, I ended up ordering Phoenix yellow, then a month later I changed to imola red. They were nice about it. Then a few weeks later I changed to estoril blue or carbon black. And this time the dealer was getting irritated and told me no more changing colors. I remember walking in one day and my PY was there in the showroom. I loved it too. but, I couldn't change my mind again. If LSB was there I would have taken that no questions.

The moral of the story is. Pick the color you really want and never settle!

This time around, I wanted Yas marina blue. So, I'm getting that right now. No more taking second or third top pic. Even though I loved my Carbon black M3. I always wanted the LSB. I was never totally in love with that car.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 08:10 PM   #149
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Regrets?? Huh
No such thing here!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25089.50
      11-05-2019, 03:47 AM   #150
/Angelo/
Rep
Drives: F82 | Z34 | MK7

I love my SMB!

Appreciate 2
      11-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #151
j2dad5389
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Starting to grow? lol Think you gotta be all in for this color opposed to growing into liking it.
Eh, I disagree. I'd say Austin Yellow is all in haha. I love YMB. Wasn't sold on it first, but it really pops in person.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #152
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Eh, I disagree. I'd say Austin Yellow is all in haha. I love YMB. Wasn't sold on it first, but it really pops in person.
When YMB came out, I figured it was a one year thing - who the F would ever want that ugly ass color?

And now, today, I admit to always giving it a second glance - especially with a CF roof. Car does pop in that color.

Still would take AY over it and SMB over both of them, by a mile
Appreciate 2
DML967.50
      11-08-2019, 07:29 AM   #153
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
When YMB came out, I figured it was a one year thing - who the F would ever want that ugly ass color?

And now, today, I admit to always giving it a second glance - especially with a CF roof. Car does pop in that color.

Still would take AY over it and SMB over both of them, by a mile
Interesting...I would not take AY if they gave it to me for free
Appreciate 0