Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Closed Thread

12-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #463
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Just wondering did anyone actually get any .xdf files in the end ?

If so are you willing to share them ?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 07:45 PM   #464
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Hey everyone!

There is a LOT of misinformation, and misrepresentation scattered throughout this thread. Hopefully we can put some of it to rest, and help others understand who we are, what we do, and where we are with this platform.

Forums are not what they used to be. 10 years ago, there were a handful of forums, and it was simple to log on, pay any dues, and fully support customers via forum = those days have long been over.

never-ending numbers of forum for the same platform exist, Facebook, Facebook groups (again, countless), Instagram, Twitter, Imagur .... this list goes on! All these platforms are pinned with customers who need support, and we simply cannot track every single one of them in real-time!

Ive said it many times before:

"We do NOT frequent the forums." If you need real support, reachout via out support portal or email, and we'lll get on it as quickly as possible. Please realise that f80.bimmerpost.com is not the only forum we are a part of - and we certainly don't operate support directly from the site.

We support over 20 different platform, and are constantly adding new support and features wherever possible.

Ford - F150
BMW - F90, F8x, F1x, G8x, etc ...
Mazda - NDx
Ferrari - 458, 488
Mercedes - GTS, C63, E63, (4.0, 4.4, 5.5L engines, and more)
McLaren
Audi - R8
Toyota, Subaru, Scion - FR-S, GT86, BRZ
Fiat - 1.4L MultiAir engine (all)
Porsche - 981 (all variants [ Boxster, GT4, etc.]), 997, 996, 987
Volkswagen - Golf R
Ducati - Diavel
BMW Motorcycles - S1000R/R
Aprilia - Tuono, RSV4R, 1100 Factory
KTM - 1290, 1190, 1090, 790, etc.
.... and more that we don't actively market.

Getting 100's of emails a day from all around the world, from customers like everyone here, in need of free tune files, guidance or direction, or various support.

I hope it might be a bit more clear why we are unable to sit on this forrum. Couple that with the reality that this forum is extremely clique-ish, it is difficult for any reputable tuner or platform to gain traction - especially when disinformation campaigns are actively being started and spread.

How many forums are any of you a part of? Maybe one or two more? How closely do you interact on those other forums daily? ---we have more than 50 that we visit on occasion, just to keep customers who don't visit our site often, an update.

Everything happening with us is constantly updated on our website - if you'd like to know where we are, or whats happening, that is the best place to look - not here.

It's difficult to read such inaccurate messages being posted about our support, or OFT offering:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
I bought the tablet

Got shitty tunes

And now MIA - no replies - nothing.

Call it hit and run
Tommy, this is a blatant mis-representation of everything that I've done, or tried to do for you.

The last correspondence I've had with you has remained un-answered by you. I am not a mind reader, and cannot 'devine' your needs like some type of a savant.

Here is the exact last message I've sent to you that has no reply:

I am happy that you've got something that works well for your needs, but I would like to underscore the fact that we did not leave you hanging out to dry -you left us.

As we've always said - phone support is not the best means of communication with us, but I do make it a point to give all customers my number where it is most fitting.

And interesting side note is that when we did begin to gain a lot of traction on this forum, we also began to have massively overwhelming SPAM bots, ruining our ability to support customers:

To this day, the influx of emails and spam that we have littering our inbox is staggering, and more often than now, we just have to purge all message - wether there are support needs interlaced or not

When within a time span of 20 minutes, you have 30+ new pages of spam like what you see above, it is difficult to sit and weed out what is valid in context.

If anyone has/had messaged me via email/support portal and got no reply - please forward you message back to me, and I'll get to it as I can.

Thanks for reading through the sentiments above, and I apologize if it seems a bit long winded. It would be great if herd-mentality was not so prevalent here on this forum that way everyone here (as consumers) could get the best information possible about any product offering available.

~Anthony

PS.
Jeff, your cable is in the mail
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 02:16 AM   #465
D675PDX
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 | 2018 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenFlash View Post

Getting 100's of emails a day from all around the world, from customers like everyone here, in need of free tune files, guidance or direction, or various support.

To this day, the influx of emails and spam that we have littering our inbox is staggering, and more often than now, we just have to purge all message - wether there are support needs interlaced or not
Your response is basically an indictment against your entire business model. In giving these excuses you basically laid out to everybody why they should never give you their money and do business with you at all.

The only way you can get the tunes is by contacting you to get them after you've already paid upfront and received the hardware*. You just told everybody that a) you're spread way too thin with 20 diff platforms, and b) don't have the infrastructure to combat "spam bots," so your solution is to just mass delete all your emails, including the legitimate ones with ppl requesting their tunes. Wow. I don't know what would make you think that was a good idea to admit to everybody.

For anybody that's still considering giving these guys your money, just pay attention to the fact they called them "free tunes." There's absolutely nothing free about it. You pay for the hardware AND the tunes upfront, but once they get your money, then in their eyes they're "free tunes," so they're in no rush to actually give you what you paid for, so you basically have a very expensive paper weight in the meantime.

* My personal firsthand experience with OFT is through the tablet I bought for my Aprilia Tuono about 1.5 years, so a) I don't have recent experience with OFT, and b) don't specifically know how it works with the M3 platform (I use MHD for my M3). I just want to be upfront with that.
Appreciate 3
terahertz162.50
whitedc5163.50
      12-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #466
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D675PDX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenFlash View Post

Your response is basically an indictment against your entire business model. In giving these excuses you basically laid out to everybody why they should never give you their money and do business with you at all.

The only way you can get the tunes is by contacting you to get them after you've already paid upfront and received the hardware*. You just told everybody that a) you're spread way too thin with 20 diff platforms, and b) don't have the infrastructure to combat "spam bots," so your solution is to just mass delete all your emails, including the legitimate ones with ppl requesting their tunes. Wow. I don't know what would make you think that was a good idea to admit to everybody.

For anybody that's still considering giving these guys your money, just pay attention to the fact they called them "free tunes." There's absolutely nothing free about it. You pay for the hardware AND the tunes upfront, but once they get your money, then in their eyes they're "free tunes," so they're in no rush to actually give you what you paid for, so you basically have a very expensive paper weight in the meantime.

* My personal firsthand experience with OFT is through the tablet I bought for my Aprilia Tuono about 1.5 years, so a) I don't have recent experience with OFT, and b) don't specifically know how it works with the M3 platform (I use MHD for my M3). I just want to be upfront with that.
I'm not a fan boy by any means but I will once again reaffirm that my customer service experience has been great.

I've been through 6 iterations of tunes of both low and full torque.

Anthony created a winter tune that helps with my pain in the ass SSR Intake (that I end up having to remove every winter) on cold start.

If I text or email Anthony I hear back that day; and usually within the hour. (Repetitive I know)

There's no doubt OFT has little to no presence on bimmerpost but there are other channels.

I like having the tablet plugged in and ready in my car; no syncing, Bluetooth or tablet/laptop to worry about. Gives me the ability to reset adaptations, or CEL at a click

Not trying to change opinions here fellas, just saying there are always going to be good and bad experiences.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #467
coxxoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 CP

I want oft to succeed and already have a competitive platform (ecutek). The diy person in me would much rather be able to fiddle with throttle sensitivity, burble sounds, cold start behavior, and such on my own.

For those of you with oft, did you receive rom definitions so that you can modify these tables?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 09:47 PM   #468
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP YMB

Did y'all ever get a chance to make a CS tune ?

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
2015 F82 M4 6MT AW/SO - SOLD
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread