Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Closed Thread

02-01-2019, 01:32 AM   #287
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _robert_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBahn Autoworks View Post
3. If you purchase exhaust overrun/roar for a ZCP car, both will be more pronounced. If you wish to retain stock levels of both, you will want to select "no" for those options at purchase.

According to another user in the thread, they said the overrun was less than the stock ZCP tune? Is there an upcoming change?
Update from my end (since I also mentioned subdued burbles compared to stock ZCP). I don't know if this is by design but when I am driving in a more spirited fashion (usually mountain roads) I can absolutely hear the pronounced overrun. Now I can't do an objective side-by-side with stock ZCP but I can definitely say it is there.

CarBahn Autoworks I appreciate the focus on delivering a quality product and I definitely got that feeling when we chatted in person w/ Steve himself. I'm willing to be patient until you all complete your test regimen, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious for s smoothened curve.

Looking forward to the updates and let us know if you indeed did change the overrun tables. I certainly wouldn't mind a little more burble.
Appreciate 2
_robert_108.50
ssgm1x418.50
      02-01-2019, 07:45 AM   #288
M4309
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016m4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Updates on M2C stage 1? Price and same available warranty?
M2C software is in the works. Posted about a ~100whp gain over stock so far. No solid pin in the ETA just yet since we have so many other things happening concurrently - but it's coming along well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proctorw View Post
Owner of 2018 M4 ZCP. Was just before pulling plug on DinanTronics Stage 2 with Exhaust and Intake. While researching DinanTronics saw thread titled "Rumor - Dinan will soon release flash" That led me to this thread which is very exciting.

My dilemma is I know absolutely nothing about flashing it myself using a tablet and I'm based in Charlotte NC and previous question regarding Charlotte didn't point to a local tuner in area.

My interest in Dinantronics was the fact that my BMW dealer will install and they actively promote Dinan products. I know there's lots of back and forth about Dinan vs. JB3, BM3 et al. but I have my reasons for choosing Dinan.

However, given who's at the helm of Carbahn and my research on the merits of flash vs. piggyback, I'm now seriously leaning to Carbahn. I'm just not sure how to proceed being on the east coast.

Questions:

1. Are there plans to offer this through BMW dealer network, like with DinanTronics?

2. Do other Dinan products, like intake and exhaust compliment Carbahn flash tune?

3. I would be buying the option for overrun, but will I retain the same burbles / overrun that I currently have with ZCP tune?

4. If not through BMW, are there other local / reputable shops (e.g. GMP Performance, Eurowise) that could flash car assuming I got the tablet option?

Thanks for any information.
Thanks for your interest. Here are the answers in order:

1. Yes, we are working to create a CarBahn dealer network, which will comprise of both independent shops as well as francised BMW dealerships.

2. Our flash tunes are compatible with Dinan bolt ons such as intakes and exhausts.

3. If you purchase exhaust overrun/roar for a ZCP car, both will be more pronounced. If you wish to retain stock levels of both, you will want to select "no" for those options at purchase.

4. We can reach out to one of our trusted shops in your area to aid you, but I think everyone who has purchased the tablet can attest to its ease of use. A comprehensive instruction list is included which will walk you through from A to Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-cam View Post
Carbahn Folks - do you have an ETA for availability of the updated flash files mentioned on 1/21?

Thanks!
We want to let everyone know that it is in progress. But, we've still got a couple kinks to work out, and it will be a bit longer than we anticipated. Have full trust that we want to get the updates out and running ASAP as well, since we have several potential customers who are wanting this update to be online before making the purchase. Right now, we are pushed back approximately 2-3 weeks. I know this will disappoint some but we appreciate the patience of everyone waiting for this update. We prefer to make sure any and all updates are 100% perfect before putting them on our customer's cars, even if it means a bit of a delay.

Thanks everyone!
regarding the BMW dealer networks, will this be nationwide or only in your operating state of california, specifically northeast would be great?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #289
CYA CFA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 xComp

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-cam View Post
Carbahn Folks - do you have an ETA for availability of the updated flash files mentioned on 1/21?

Thanks!
Quote:
We want to let everyone know that it is in progress. But, we've still got a couple kinks to work out, and it will be a bit longer than we anticipated. Have full trust that we want to get the updates out and running ASAP as well, since we have several potential customers who are wanting this update to be online before making the purchase. Right now, we are pushed back approximately 2-3 weeks. I know this will disappoint some but we appreciate the patience of everyone waiting for this update. We prefer to make sure any and all updates are 100% perfect before putting them on our customer's cars, even if it means a bit of a delay.
Optimistic two week bump for updates.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 02:06 PM   #290
Steeve19M5CP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Blue M5 Competition

Quote:
F90 product is in the near future! We have a car arriving in the next few weeks for development. We'll make sure to keep everyone updated!
any updates on the F90 M5 competition tune?
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo-Manual 6spd -Giallo Midas Pearl Yellow-Modified
2018 Range Rover Velar S-White
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #291
ssgm1x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i & 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proctorw View Post
Owner of 2018 M4 ZCP. Was just before pulling plug on DinanTronics Stage 2 with Exhaust and Intake. While researching DinanTronics saw thread titled "Rumor - Dinan will soon release flash" That led me to this thread which is very exciting.

My dilemma is I know absolutely nothing about flashing it myself using a tablet and I'm based in Charlotte NC and previous question regarding Charlotte didn't point to a local tuner in area.

My interest in Dinantronics was the fact that my BMW dealer will install and they actively promote Dinan products. I know there's lots of back and forth about Dinan vs. JB3, BM3 et al. but I have my reasons for choosing Dinan.

However, given who's at the helm of Carbahn and my research on the merits of flash vs. piggyback, I'm now seriously leaning to Carbahn. I'm just not sure how to proceed being on the east coast.

Questions:

1. Are there plans to offer this through BMW dealer network, like with DinanTronics?

2. Do other Dinan products, like intake and exhaust compliment Carbahn flash tune?

3. I would be buying the option for overrun, but will I retain the same burbles / overrun that I currently have with ZCP tune?

4. If not through BMW, are there other local / reputable shops (e.g. GMP Performance, Eurowise) that could flash car assuming I got the tablet option?

Thanks for any information.
I am sure they will walk u through the install process. It is Very easy to do and they also provide detailed step by step instructions supplied with the tablet and cable. They have a great support team and have responded to all my emails promptly...
      02-14-2019, 06:43 PM   #292
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Yes, easy to do. Worse case, find someone close to help 😁
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #293
CYA CFA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYA CFA View Post
Three week reminder re: throttle mapping.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
ssgm1x418.50
      02-23-2019, 01:13 AM   #294
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Three week reminder re: throttle mapping.

Thanks
+1 CarBahn Autoworks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #295
dbhajek
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

This is the tune I want, the warranty is what does it for me, I'm Ok if its more conservative and not as many options as the others. Just waiting to hear reports the throttle mapping is smoothed out..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #296
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I'm interested in a 'flat torque' tune that has a near stock midrange but lets horsepower continue to climb to ~7k rpm... essentially matching the 7k hp numbers of this current tune. The huge midrange hit of the current tune seems counter productive for sport driving without boost reduction by rpm.

Any plans for this?

Current - 2022 540XI M Sport, BSM/Black
Sold - many M3s and an M4
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 12:08 PM   #297
brad-cam
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, E46 M3, F12 640, F80

I did a track day at Sonoma Raceway last week on this tune, Sport mode, worked well, could feel the extra torque especially. I think it could benefit from being flattened out over a broader rev range a bit, but generally happy with it. The off-idle issue is of course not really a factor on the track
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #298
CarBahn Autoworks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lots of BMWs coming and going

Hello all,

The throttle mapping changes are applied and awaiting validation. The car is here, and just waiting for its turn on the dyno that is currently occupied by a 800bhp built S63 M5.
It's been a long time coming but it is almost ready. Our personal thanks to all our customers who have been more than patient.

RE: F90 M5 and B58 software- we have test cars here already, including a B58 with an updraded turbo, we are waiting for our tuning platform to grant us access into these ECUs before we can get a move on.
Appreciate 1
ssgm1x418.50
      02-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #299
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Hello all,

The throttle mapping changes are applied and awaiting validation. The car is here, and just waiting for its turn on the dyno that is currently occupied by a 800bhp built S63 M5.
It's been a long time coming but it is almost ready. Our personal thanks to all our customers who have been more than patient.

RE: F90 M5 and B58 software- we have test cars here already, including a B58 with an updraded turbo, we are waiting for our tuning platform to grant us access into these ECUs before we can get a move on.
What about M2C?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 12:48 AM   #300
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

@CarBahn Autoworks Any update?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #301
_robert_
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Anyone want to be the first to upload a video of the burbles in this tune?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #302
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

do you have anything for the M3/M4 CS or do those use the stock F8X tunes?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 02:20 PM   #303
CarBahn Autoworks
Private First Class
Rep

Hello everyone!

Here is an update. In addition to the throttle mapping, we have also created a significant improvement in mid range power.
But that's not all, we are also finished with the torque reduction feature in lower gears for manageable power delivery.

We will start rolling out the revised Generation II files by the end of this week. That means F8X customers will start seeing updated files by the end of the week.

Check out the comparison. Yellow/Orange is Gen II, and the dotted red is the outgoing Gen I.

Thanks everyone! We can't wait!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #304
CarBahn Autoworks
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
do you have anything for the M3/M4 CS or do those use the stock F8X tunes?
We do have a calibration for the CS models, to be announced shortly. Power wise, it will be very similar to that of the Gen II software, graph above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
What about M2C?
M2C efforts will be back in full force once the M3 M4 Gen II updates are out and everyone has their files!
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11479.50
      03-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #305
CYA CFA
Private First Class
Rep

Ooh, that's a nice looking curve - let's do this!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 02:33 PM   #306
CYA CFA
Private First Class
Rep

Here's a thought, and I apologize in advance if it's already been discussed elsewhere, but it only dawned on me after mention of torque reduction by gears ...

Would it be possible to leave Efficient totally stock in absolutely every respect and apply the tune exclusively to Sport and Sport+?

I might be the only one out there who would even want this, but when I'm white-knuckle balancing it in fresh snow, stuck in bumper-to bumper gridlock with two kids in the back, or watching my wife trying to parallel park I don't always find myself saying "Hey, I wish this thing was producing way more power RIGHT NOW."

Obviously the rest of the time I do ...

Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 07:05 PM   #307
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Still question the objective here based on that slope. You're going for bragging rights/dyno/peak numbers over a true motor sports driving experience, it seems, which is somewhat of a turn off.

The power drops dramatically from the 6k peak to 7k rpm (it essentially matches stock power at 7k rpm). This will make the car very "not fun" to wind out. You've essentially created a mid-range beast... effective, sure, but where's the reward in it? These cars are really, really fast stock so why not at least offer a "driver's" tune?

Not trying to be negative, just calling it like I see it.

Is it possible to see the power curves with the torque reduction active? Perhaps the drop off is less severe in gears 1,2 and 3 and thus resolve my primary point of contention with your latest graph.

Current - 2022 540XI M Sport, BSM/Black
Sold - many M3s and an M4
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4859.00
akkando5863.00
      03-21-2019, 10:03 PM   #308
CYA CFA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Is it possible to see the power curves with the torque reduction active? Perhaps the drop off is less severe in gears 1,2 and 3 and thus resolve my primary point of contention with your latest graph.
Wait, wait, wait. 3 isn’t a low gear. We’re just talking 1 and 2, right?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread