GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
noemon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

M3 Grigio Telesto 2018

Hello everyone,

Glad to report that I have purchased my first M3.

It is a Grigio Telesto 2018 Competition with BR coilovers running Stage 2 by Wrench with full carbon, inside and out.

Bought it yesterday and only got the chance to get a couple of pics with my phone when I went to work earlier.

My first M car was an M5 during 2017-2019, then went for some more conventional cars, like the Evoque to try something new, the affair was even more brief than the first time I discovered my bottom parts. And more recently bought a '20 M135 fully specced to get around town.

I have to say that the M135 was an amazing and very fun car indeed, Storm Bay with panroof, adaptive dampers, heated steering wheel, the car is the best town car money can buy in my view.

Only reason I sold it was cause I wanted something bigger and stronger as I do have 3 kiddies who all enjoy cars, but not as big as an M5, something that still feels nimble and settled, something like an RS4 for the practicality and fun, curiously I paid down a deposit for the car Mat Watson(I bloody love this nardo grey colour) was given for 6 months, this was on Monday this week. I was supposed to pick the RS4 on Wednesday at 11am.

Come Tuesday I call the dealer, Audi Huntingdon, to ask if I can bring my son to check out the car, only to be told that "the car had to be sent to an external garage because that is how it is with these cars"...mkkkay, alarm bells rung at that point but not that loud. So I ask again: "Is everything allright, are we still good for tomorrow at 11am?, cause I'm going to sell my M135 privately and the guy is coming to collect later today, let me know if not to cancel" He said, "no, no we are all good for tomorrow", Great.

I call again at 3pm to check up, to be told that "they had a parking accident" and the car is in the body shop with very minor damage. He sent me pics, damage was severe, the guy tried to reverse, parking brake did not release properly, he floored it and shoot off into a bollard, tore the right rear wing.

Anyhow, that was my second attempt at buying an RS4, the first one was thwarted again by Audi salesmen 2 years ago, outright lying about the warranty of a car with 75000 miles, they gave me 2 years or 50,000 miles extra when I paid the deposit as I had requested and then refused to put the same in the final invoice, we had swapped cars already and then swapped back again, when the manager admitted that they should not have agreed with me when I paid the deposit to write that in my invoice.

So back to BMW and much happier for it.

I am finding the ride with the BR coilovers as far more palatable than I expected but will still be putting the car back to stock for the suspension and possibly in terms of mapping as well.

To that end I would appreciate if anyone here had the stock downpipes for sale.

I will be selling my catless downpipes when I remove them and will also be selling the BR coilovers if anyone is interested.

I am now pondering whether to go back to stock dampers or for the B6 damptronics.

Have read some people here saying the B6's ride more comfortably than the stock ones.

Is that really true? I get what people say about the bounce and the jar, though that is currently minimal with the BR's I would not want things to get bouncy in stock.

Primarily the car is a daily and I would like to take it places in the summer long distance travel around the UK.

More to the point:
Attached Images

Last edited by noemon; 05-16-2021 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 4
      05-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #2
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Great color!
Appreciate 1
noemon37.00
      05-14-2021, 05:53 PM   #3
YKIGI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quadrifoglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by noemon View Post
Hello everyone,

Glad to report that I have purchased my first M3.

It is a Grigio Telesto 2018 Competition with BR coilovers running Stage 2 by Wrench with full carbon, inside and out.

Bought it yesterday and only got the chance to get a couple of pics with my phone when I went to work earlier.

My first M car was an M5 during 2017-2019, then went for some more conventional cars, like the Evoque to try something new, the affair was even more brief than the first time I discovered my bottom parts. And more recently bought a '20 M135 fully specced to get around town.

I have to say that the M135 was an amazing and very fun car indeed, Storm Bay fully specced with panroof, adaptive dampers, heated steering wheel, the car is the best town car money can buy in my view.

Only reason I sold it was cause I wanted something bigger and stronger as I do have 3 kiddies who all enjoy cars, but not as big as an M5, something that still feels nimble and settled, something like an RS4 for the practicality and fun, curiously I paid down a deposit for the car Mat Watson(I bloody love this nardo grey colour) was given for 6 months, this was on Monday this week. I was supposed to pick the RS4 on Wednesday at 11am.

Come Tuesday I call the dealer, Audi Huntingdon, to ask if I can bring my son to check out the car, only to be told that "the car had to be sent to an external garage because that is how it is with these cars"...mkkkay, alarm bells rung at that point but not that loud. So I ask again: "Is everything allright, are we still good for tomorrow at 11am?, cause I'm going to sell my M135 privately and the guy is coming to collect later today, let me know if not to cancel" He said, "no, no we are all good for tomorrow", Great.

I call again at 3pm to check up, to be told that "they had a parking accident" and the car is in the body shop with very minor damage. He sent me pics, damage was severe, the guy tried to reverse, parking brake did not release properly, he floored it and shoot off into a bollard, tore the right rear wing.

Anyhow, that was my second attempt at buying an RS4, the first one was thwarted again by Audi salesmen 2 years ago, outright lying about the warranty of a car with 75000 miles, they gave me 2 years or 50,000 miles extra when I paid the deposit as I had requested and then refused to put the same in the final invoice, we had swapped cars already and then swapped back again, when the manager admitted that they should not have agreed with me when I paid the deposit to write that in my invoice.

So back to BMW and much happier for it.

I am finding the ride with the BR coilovers as far more palatable than I expected but will still be putting the car back to stock for the suspension and possibly in terms of mapping as well.

To that end I would appreciate if anyone here had the stock downpipes for sale.

I will be selling my catless downpipes when I remove them and will also be selling the BR coilovers if anyone is interested.

I am now pondering whether to go back to stock dampers or for the B6 damptronics.

Have read some people here saying the B6's ride more comfortably than the stock ones.

Is that really true? I get what people say about the bounce and the jar, though that is currently minimal with the BR's I would not want things to get bouncy in stock.

Primarily the car is a daily and I would like to take it places in the summer long distance travel around the UK.

More to the point:
On this car as a daily or traveler, Id run stock EDC dampers with Eibach euro V1 springs. CS coding. You WILL NOT be disappointed at the ride quality or the price to do so.

GL

E46 wagon ~ E46 330ci ZHP ~E46 M3 Sold ~ E92 335i Sold ~ E90 M3 Sold ~ F82 M4 Sold <- All Manuals
Appreciate 1
noemon37.00
      05-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #4
Mojoman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Love that color. Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 04:20 AM   #5
noemon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKIGI View Post
On this car as a daily or traveler, Id run stock EDC dampers with Eibach euro V1 springs. CS coding. You WILL NOT be disappointed at the ride quality or the price to do so.

GL
Thank you mate, I will try the stock dampers and springs I already have(that came with the car, they look brand new) with CS coding and then perhaps add the Eibach springs 3 months later on for a change.

Thanks for the good vibes guys
Appreciate 1
YKIGI248.00
      05-15-2021, 06:26 PM   #6
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 C63

She looks beautiful, that colour is one of the best on these.
      05-16-2021, 02:23 PM   #7
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Beautiful car. Enjoy every ///Mile!
Appreciate 1
noemon37.00