Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

12-10-2022, 11:59 AM   #1
kamilbaran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 Yas Marina M3, '17 M240i

Will spacers be needed?

Hello, I recently ordered apex VS-5RS wheels in 18x11 ET44 to run in the back along with MT ET Street S/S (305 35 18) To run at the dragstrip this summer/spring. I am concerned if I will need spacers in the back or the front even. I'm currently with stock suspension and just don't want to have any issues getting prepared for the season. If anyone knows if they will be required, or if it would just be recommended to run them and what sizes would be best?
The front wheels I would plan on running for now are my ZCP 666m wheels in the front so I personally am not too sure how a 18inch wheel in the back with the 20 inches in the front would go without the spacers, I'm still newer to all of this.

Thank you for the help in advanced!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 10:42 AM   #2
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

you dont NEED spacers, as an 11” +44et with 305 tire should be a direct fit.

Depending on your “wheel fitment religious beliefs” you may find that adding a 15 mm front spacer and a 3 to 5 mm rear spacer will give you a super flush fitment.

20” front and 18” rear looks sweet IMO and looks like you mean business.

Just install the rear drag setup without spacers and see how you like the look. then decide if you want to bump the wheels out a tiny bit.

Id do a 15mm front spacer on a stock 666 front wheel regardless, but YMMV.
      12-11-2022, 07:11 PM   #3
kamilbaran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 Yas Marina M3, '17 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWhiteF80 View Post
you dont NEED spacers, as an 11” +44et with 305 tire should be a direct fit.

Depending on your “wheel fitment religious beliefs” you may find that adding a 15 mm front spacer and a 3 to 5 mm rear spacer will give you a super flush fitment.

20” front and 18” rear looks sweet IMO and looks like you mean business.

Just install the rear drag setup without spacers and see how you like the look. then decide if you want to bump the wheels out a tiny bit.

Id do a 15mm front spacer on a stock 666 front wheel regardless, but YMMV.

Thank you for the response, I will probably see how I like the look of the front and if I think it is needing I'll throw that 15mm in the front. I'm excited to see the 20in and 18 in wheel combo I also think it will standout and look good aesthetically.
Appreciate 0