European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-20-2023, 10:42 PM   #23
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWhiteF80 View Post
as a long time resident of Roswell/Alpharetta Ga area, I am wondering why you chose "Crabapple Automotive" to do your work. That is not a great place to be taking a BMW M4.

Here are 4 google street view pics of Crabapple Automotive and three other good independent BMW shops within 2 to 10 miles of that place. Notice the types of cars in the parking lots. It is usually a good indication of what they work on the most and level of service they provide.

Glad you got out without any major issues!
Oh trust me, it wasnt my first choice. It was because of the Carmax certified warranty thing that I mentioned. And the modification thing I mentioned earlier.

Of the shops you posted, Solo Motorsports was on the approved Carmax list but the specific location near my house wasn’t listed for some reason (i guess bc its brand new). So the owner was trying to get his location added and suddenly ALL the Solo Motorsports locations got de-listed. lol no idea what happened there.

Anyway, ya like i said typically would do this job myself. Should have trusted my gut on this. Live and learn. Just happy to have my car back!
2002 M5 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 06:51 AM   #24
IVM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Thanks for warning others. I should clarify my earlier post. You don't have to go to a shop in the repairpal network for the maxcare warranty. You can go to any shop ad long as they are willing to work with the warranty company to submit a claim. I've found German repair shops that are happy to work with maxcare because they are generally one of the better warranties. My local dealer is also willing to work with maxcare. Hope this helps if you have an extended warranty claim in the future. Btw, fluid replacement should usually get covered by the warranty as well. It's odd they made you pay for the oil. Maybe they didn't bother to submit it.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 09:08 AM   #25
rezilient
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
Thanks for warning others. I should clarify my earlier post. You don't have to go to a shop in the repairpal network for the maxcare warranty. You can go to any shop ad long as they are willing to work with the warranty company to submit a claim. I've found German repair shops that are happy to work with maxcare because they are generally one of the better warranties. My local dealer is also willing to work with maxcare. Hope this helps if you have an extended warranty claim in the future. Btw, fluid replacement should usually get covered by the warranty as well. It's odd they made you pay for the oil. Maybe they didn't bother to submit it.
Ok, now that is news to me, thought I had to stick to their network to make a claim otherwise what’s the point of them having that repairpal site.
2002 M5 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 01:35 PM   #26
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezilient View Post
Ok, now that is news to me, thought I had to stick to their network to make a claim otherwise what’s the point of them having that repairpal site.
Unless something has changed with Maxcare, yes, you can take to any dealer or shop that can take Maxcare. The only difference is that you pay a slightly higher deductible using your own shop versus theirs.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2023, 04:55 PM   #27
IVM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Unless something has changed with Maxcare, yes, you can take to any dealer or shop that can take Maxcare. The only difference is that you pay a slightly higher deductible using your own shop versus theirs.
Correct, I think that if you use one of their shops, they lower the deductible by $50. Although my memory is a bit fuzzy. The $50 discount might only apply if you take it directly to the carmax service center. Think of their repair pal network like the set of authorized body shops that an insurance company has. The insurance company prefers those shops based on the cost and quality, but you are allowed to take your car to any out of network shop that you like, as long as they are willing to submit claims to your insurance company.

I used a German shop through Maxcare (but not part of repairpal), and specified use of OEM fluids as part of the repair. All was covered without a major issue. Technically, maxcare did not cover about 150 dollars of labor, but the German shop did not ask me to cover it. I think it's just part of doing business with extended warranty companies. They might not always agree on the total labor hours. I did ask them if they accept work through Maxcare extended warranties before taking it to them, so i think they knew what they were signing up for.
Appreciate 1