Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2021, 05:19 PM   #1783
MaX PL
Major
227
Rep
1,110
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

stock with the Frodo pad.

some dust boots look toast as well but I'm keeping them as is for these last two events.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 05:40 PM   #1784
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
8281
Rep
8,445
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/M4GTSx2/MiniS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
stock with the Frodo pad.

some dust boots look toast as well but I'm keeping them as is for these last two events.
Pretty odd. Likely the pistons are starting to jam up in there
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 09:05 PM   #1785
MaX PL
Major
227
Rep
1,110
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXDC5 View Post
The 100tw AR-1's stiff sidewall allows lower pressures to be used. I'm guessing the CR-1 doesn't have as stiff of a sidewall so higher pressures are needed to prevent roll over.
So as it turns out, the CR1 performed best around 30-32. Unfortunately I had to learn this on session 3 and 4 of day 4 on these, but they grip well at this pressure.

Anything around 35-37 is awful as suggested by someone else.

I guess I have to try these at 24-25 cold session 1 and see what they come up to and then bleed down to 30-32 after the session. Will give this a try in 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 09:30 PM   #1786
jfritz27
Lieutenant
319
Rep
554
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
So as it turns out, the CR1 performed best around 30-32. Unfortunately I had to learn this on session 3 and 4 of day 4 on these, but they grip well at this pressure.

Anything around 35-37 is awful as suggested by someone else.

I guess I have to try these at 24-25 cold session 1 and see what they come up to and then bleed down to 30-32 after the session. Will give this a try in 2 weeks.
Thx for input, I'm leaning towards giving the CR-1 a go after NT01. Remind me, what size of these are you running? I'm thinking about 285/30/18 and 315/30/18

In my head I'm waffling back and forth vs the AR-1. With that one it's either 275 or 295/30 for the front, but I fear I may not fit the 295 on my Apex 10" with Bilstein B16. I like the idea of the 285, though prob better suited to a 10.5" wheel.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:18 AM   #1787
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Second Lieutenant
United_States
184
Rep
247
Posts

Drives: F80 comp (6 speed)
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Track forum general chit chat

Yesterday I ran the CR-1's the 1st time after running 4 sets of NT01's.

Maybe I had low expectations but I'm impressed with the grip, even at 35lbs hot. Today I will try to bleed down per MaX PL experience.

275/35 and 315/30
10x18 and 11x18.
Appreciate 1
jfritz27319.00
      Yesterday, 05:36 AM   #1788
MaX PL
Major
227
Rep
1,110
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
Thx for input, I'm leaning towards giving the CR-1 a go after NT01. Remind me, what size of these are you running? I'm thinking about 285/30/18 and 315/30/18

In my head I'm waffling back and forth vs the AR-1. With that one it's either 275 or 295/30 for the front, but I fear I may not fit the 295 on my Apex 10" with Bilstein B16. I like the idea of the 285, though prob better suited to a 10.5" wheel.
I'm running the same sizes SheerPleasure has. Same tires and wheels.

I honestly spent all day bleeding them down as I had no luck with the higher pressures. I kept losing grip under braking.
When I bled them down, it felt like I had significantly increased grip under acceleration at times, and the loss of grip under braking was gone.

With that said, and as SheerPleasure just mentioned, I did run these at 35/36 on day 2 for the tire at WGI and they performed very well at the time, but I have had no luck running at those pressures since.
Appreciate 1
jfritz27319.00
      Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #1789
silverbackf8x
Enlisted Member
United_States
42
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: SSII F80 & F82
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: SoCal OC

iTrader: (1)

I was told by many that run the CR1 to run 29-30 HOT as well. The stiffer sidewall say in comparison to the A052 allows this
Appreciate 1
jfritz27319.00
      Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #1790
MaX PL
Major
227
Rep
1,110
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Yep 29-30 is def fine as well. I ran session 3 and came back at 29 hot front/30 hot rear, and decided to go up 1 to 2 psi for the 4th session which also felt fine.

I'm going to target 30 psi all around next week on these. Not sure where to start them for session 1 however.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:24 PM   #1791
swagon
Major General
swagon's Avatar
No_Country
9054
Rep
6,460
Posts

Drives: F80 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Got PFC 11s for the front ahead of an event next week; let's see how they compare to DS1.11s!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST