European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #1
BikBlekGui
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Help with suspension components and suggestions!

TL;DR -- I'm looking to fix some common suspension issues with components listed below. Am I breaking, or will I break, anything? With what I'm looking to get, are there components that I'm missing, or are recommended? Do you have any suggestions or recommendations with your experience?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Novice here, so apologies for the likely addressed concerns in past threads. I've spent weeks reading threads, as it relates to what I want to do to my suspension, and finally ready to tackle it. Some help from experienced members would be greatly appreciated!

My current setup:
'15 Non-ZCP M3 (w/ Adaptive Suspension)
Stock suspension lowered on Swift springs
275/305 tires (19x10/11)
All GTS/CS coding done by Alex (even though I don't have any ZCP/CS components)

My aim is for street daily driving, and spirited driving, but no tracking whatsoever, and minimal NVH. So, I'll end up going with stock alignment figures. That said, I'm looking to finally dial out all of the notorious handling issues that I've experienced lo these many years: (1) poor rebound/bounce, (2) resulting in constantly flashing traction control light and mediocre straight line traction, (3) body roll, (4) high speed braking squirm, (5) steering wheel play/tramlining. (6) I also, oddly, have too much negative camber with front passenger wheel.

Issues 1-3 are going to be addressed with a coilover setup (Tractive dampers/Eibach US V2 springs) and ZCP rear sway bar. Issues 4-6 is where I need some help. Apparently, they are mitigated with maximum positive caster (and I love stiff steering that stays straight, and returns to center).

I want to address everything with the following parts:
Tractive Touring dampers
Eibach US Spec V2
ZCP Rear Sway bar
SPL Adjustable Front Caster Rod Monoball (for maximum positive caster and steering feel)
SPL Adjustable LCA (to dial out front passenger camber)
***Note: I'm avoiding camber plates because of NVH and because these touring dampers are made for OEM top hats***

Before I pull the trigger on these, my questions are, am I breaking, or will I break, anything? With what I'm looking to get, are there components that I'm missing, or are recommended? Do you have any suggestions or recommendations with your experience?

Thank you for your help everyone!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MattRST109.50