Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Courtesy Delivery in CA

I'm looking for a dealer in CA that will allow me to pick up my M4 from their dealership via courtesy delivery near end of August. I don't need any product demo or anything. I'm ordering my car from a dealer in NJ and Doing ED. So far have been shot down by 4 dealerships in the Bay Area near where I reside. I have to be down in LA in August/September so any dealer in So Cal will work as well. Need this done so I can get my purchase order and contract out of the way.

Thanks
      05-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

Didn't know a dealership could refuse a delivery from corporate (ED).
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
Didn't know a dealership could refuse a delivery from corporate (ED).
Yea looks like they are going to have to get involved here
      05-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #4
Stav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
Yea looks like they are going to have to get involved here
Courtesy delivery is just that - no dealer has to do it. I pretty much always buy out of state too but look at it this way, you found a better price somewhere thousands of miles away and you would like the local dealer to assist you with your purchase.

To me it sounds a bit like milk prices are better in NJ and will save 50 cents buying my milk there but my local milkman has to deliver my NJ milk - will give him/her 5 cents - why doesn't he accept?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav View Post
Courtesy delivery is just that - no dealer has to do it. I pretty much always buy out of state too but look at it this way, you found a better price somewhere thousands of miles away and you would like the local dealer to assist you with your purchase.

To me it sounds a bit like milk prices are better in NJ and will save 50 cents buying my milk there but my local milkman has to deliver my NJ milk - will give him/her 5 cents - why doesn't he accept?
Isn't 5 cents better than 0 cents?

No dealer in the bay area was willing to sell me a car via ed period, regardless of price, I was #3 on the list at Stevens creek and #1 at Sonnen BMW and when allocations were released I heard nothing from either dealership. According to the sales manager at BMW of Monterey they won't do it because of liability issues because they can't track the car on the boat and when it gets on the truck and if something were to happen to my car it would "complicate" things
      05-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #6
Stav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Well, personally I am doing ED through a dealer in CA and I am in TN. I am close to PCD so I can take delivery there. So there are CA dealers who do ED (at ED MSRP).

As I mentioned I pretty much always go with out of state dealers but they are at least within driving distance of 1-3 hours.

And no - 5 cents are not always better than 0 cents since they dilute the local market and make it an acceptable practice for the future.
Appreciate 0